• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr Shepard, Christian Shepard

Ahem, not to boast (too much), but:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=52387
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=49727

I would say I told you so, but I shaln't.

PS:
    Spoiler:
    For those that don't know what I'm talking about, you've obviously not seen the latest episode of Lost, where Christian (and Claire) are shown alive and well, and talking to John Locke.
    sigpic
    It's Probin' Time!

Originally posted by Tycoon View Post

I would say I told you so, but I shaln't.
    Probably for the best considering
    Spoiler:
    He said he wasn't Jacob, and in the same episode we saw the ghost of someone who'd been dead for twelve years....
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

To reiterrate, he's dead. Ghosts\beings show up all the time on this show,Horace, Ecko's Brother Yemmy, Bens' mother...etc, for example. I simply can't ignore what the writers have directly stated. Now if you meant he is a live in the sense of a consciousness of some sort (most likely the island) then I'll listen, but to say alive and well....not even close.

As per him being Jacob, it is mentioned in a previous post that he says he speaks for him, but is not him. I know people want to believe Christian is alive, but he simply is not alive!

Comment

Uh, he's dead and he's not Jacob, so it's probably best you don't boast. Why would Ben take orders from someone who just arrived on the island, albeit in corpse form?
        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Maybe I should have been more clear, but I don't think he is alive anymore, just that he is... about?
          sigpic
          It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Perhaps 70-80% of lost fans should also boast then considering most of us from season 1 had a feeling we would see him again and not in a flashback or flashforward now.

Comment

Sarcasm isn't helping now, is it?
              sigpic
              It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
                Perhaps 70-80% of lost fans should also boast then considering most of us from season 1 had a feeling we would see him again and not in a flashback or flashforward now.
                Yeh, I agree. I knew we would see him again since that one of the loose ends that hadn't been tied up...

Spoiler:
                I just wasn't expecting to see him in the cabin WITH Claire. Also, Jack/Claire still do not know they are half bro/sis. I cannot wait for them to learn this!! Woo!
                Jack: "Teal'c, look scary and take lead."
                Jack: (to a nurse with a needle) "Listen, really jam it in this time, okay!"
                Sheppard: The clowns? Oh, yeah, the clowns... we fight them too. Entire armies, spilling out of Volkswagens. We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending 'em in.

Comment

Originally posted by ::Lisa:: View Post

Spoiler:
                  I just wasn't expecting to see him in the cabin WITH Claire. Also, Jack/Claire still do not know they are half bro/sis. I cannot wait for them to learn this!! Woo!
                  Re: your info in the spoiler - which is not really spoiler-able info anyway...

Jack doesn't find out until they are off the island - as per the episode last week . after the O6 were back to the real world, at his dad's funeral, the lady from Australia comes up to Jack and talks about her daughter named Claire that was on the same flight.
                  So he doesn't find out until sometime in the near future. It's apparent they never find out on the island.

Comment

I revert my case... Space and Time: If what we are told on the episode to be true, then it could easily explain why people who are 'dead' are also appearing. Christian Shepard for example, I don't believe he is 'alive' in the normal sense of the word, but I don't think he is dead, at least, not 'proper dead'.

I would rule out Spirit though, at least to some degree. Miles can 'contact the dead' right, but what if he can also contact people from the past? - Those that were alive, he could still talk too..
                    sigpic
                    It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Working...
                    X