304 Bridge Consoles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

304 Bridge Consoles

I've noticed that our ships don't have much specialization in terms of their bridge consoles. It's pretty clear that the left console next to the center seat is the helm. It has the yoke needed to fly the ship. But Major Marks I believe was seen being ordered to fire weapons. Then the right hand console was at one time tasked with a hyperspace jump and firing weapons. Then on Prometheus (I know, 303, but similar bridge), Jonas was seen doing something getting ready to leave the replicator planet at a forward (looked raised) console, then Daniel was seen at that console in "Prometheus Unbound."
    I would love if the writers could slip a few commands in there just so we know exactly what the various consoles do. Not a boring long ship-tour (THOUGH THAT WOULD ROCK!!!), but something simple like always have the left console plot the course and fly the ship, or always order the front console to fire weapons or just address their positions instead of just ordering and expecting the right person at the right console to carry out that order.
    When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
    Zatnikitelman

They explained tha tone away in Star Trek with adaptive interfaces. But ultimatly, it's hole the wrighters can play aaround with.

Comment

I think the bridge layout is.

Centre chair: captain
      Left console: helm
      Right console: Weapons/shields
      Forward right: Landing console
      Forward left (left wallside) : Sensors/ship schematics/damage control
      Forward left (front wall) : Communications

Thats as far as i can tell from the way the crew operated on the prometheus the postions they were sat in were the ones I listed.
      if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

The way I wish the consoles were laid out are:
        Left: Helm
        Right: Operations
        Right Front: Tactical
        Left "Hole": Auxiliary
        When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
        Zatnikitelman

Comment

Originally posted by Zatnikitelman View Post
          The way I wish the consoles were laid out are:
          Left: Helm
          Right: Operations
          Right Front: Tactical
          Left "Hole": Auxiliary
          Thing is you would have to shout across the room to get weapons firing also you couldn't just slighly give orders to your weps/helm without anouncing it to the crew/veiw screen thingy.
          if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

Originally posted by a6346 View Post
            Thing is you would have to shout across the room to get weapons firing also you couldn't just slighly give orders to your weps/helm without anouncing it to the crew/veiw screen thingy.
            Well, it is the bridge, does it really matter who hears the orders? Even so, that's the way it is with the helm now, at the left console.
            Zatnikitelman

Comment

The left console used to be weapons. I think it is captains choice. When Marks made his remark about always being ready to fire, he was at the left console.

The Phoenix had a new console behind the captains chair. It was white and looked very Asgard. An engineering station?

Comment

Working...
              X