Are Wraith stupid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are Wraith stupid?

In Spoils of war our guys find a hive ship that has been shut up pretty bad.
    That hive was obviously boarded, because some wraith had their live sucked and everybody onboard was dead or taken. We also know that the enemy hive also wanted to clone an army (and nearly suceeded). Why would the leave a damaged hive that can be repaired behind, if they where to create an army. Even if they could not fix the weapons, it would be able to serve as a transport for many wraith.

So does anybody have a reason for the behavior?

They were in a hurry.

Comment

They were most likely in a hurry and maybe they would come back for it later.
      The 5th Race A StarGate Podcast
      The 5th Race Podcast RSS Feed
      The 5th Race Podcast iTunes Feed
      You can follow me on Twitter at www.twitter.com/jnolan
      You can follow me on Twitter at www.twitter.com/stargatepodcast

sigpic

Comment

May be Tod did something to is so they could not fix it fast. but did it in a way that McKay could. Also the Wraith knew the Atlantis Crew would be there soon, and did not want to get in a fire fight, because the ship was partially damaged. Thats just my thoughts on the matter.
        sigpic

Comment

Probably thought they would come back for it later or were in a hurry and/or realized Atlantis would be there soon. Or, possibly, all three.
          http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/..._DanielSig.jpg

Comment

Are wraith stupid? - You REALLY ask being fed on,do you?

The wraith could easily abandon the ship. Even McKay was not able fixing it or accessing the ships controls.
            Without Teyla being in the team (and her unborn child amplifying her telepathic abilities) that ship would have gone nowhere without a wraith mind to control it.
            They simply did not know the humans could actually fly the ship.
            sigpic
            Thanks for the Sig go to the talented Fainne
            Spoiler:
            Which Supernatural character are you? (I hate those things..but sadly it fits )
            You're John! You are skilled and smart, but world-weary and a little jaded. You're a serial monogamist, and you love hard. You can sometimes be a little too narrow-minded, and stubborn to a fault, but your heart is always in the right place.

The GateWorld Cantina - Kara : Runner gone Wraith gone Wraith Queen gone human barmaid

Comment

What about other Wraith?

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                What about other Wraith?
                Ok thats a point. But if they are in a hurry (as stated above) why bothering with a damaged hiveship? Getting back to the facility is more important then waiting for other wraith to show up.
                The one thing abut that episode that bothers me more is that cloning thing. Why waging wars other the food resources when you can clone them.

But who knows? Perhaps clones "taste" awkward or they enjoy the thrill of the culling
                sigpic
                Thanks for the Sig go to the talented Fainne
                Spoiler:
                Which Supernatural character are you? (I hate those things..but sadly it fits )
                You're John! You are skilled and smart, but world-weary and a little jaded. You're a serial monogamist, and you love hard. You can sometimes be a little too narrow-minded, and stubborn to a fault, but your heart is always in the right place.

The GateWorld Cantina - Kara : Runner gone Wraith gone Wraith Queen gone human barmaid

Comment

Yeah, but why didn't they destroy the ship, so no other Wraith faction could take it.

Comment

Also, I would prefer cloning my food, instead of going to war with my brothers and sisters

Comment

You aren't Wraith.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                        You aren't Wraith.
                        And you're so sure about thatm are you?
                        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I'm sure that none of us are sure how they'd feel about this.

Comment

Short answer: Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalAlteran View Post
                              In Spoils of war our guys find a hive ship that has been shut up pretty bad.
                              That hive was obviously boarded, because some wraith had their live sucked and everybody onboard was dead or taken. We also know that the enemy hive also wanted to clone an army (and nearly suceeded). Why would the leave a damaged hive that can be repaired behind, if they where to create an army. Even if they could not fix the weapons, it would be able to serve as a transport for many wraith.

So does anybody have a reason for the behavior?
                              I no this doesn't answer your question,

However, you know what I realised, Sheppard’s’ team (seriously)…just as bad!
                              The amount of times they ACTUAL had control of a hive ship, wouldn’t one of the first things on the list ‘to do’ would be able to find the jamming program and take a copy of its data base then do what ever with the ship.
                              Beaming a nuke would be far easier then firing (beam weapons or rail guns/missiles), just incase weapons or hyper drive becomes offline!

Ah well! I guess that just my opinion!

Comment

Working...
                              X