No announcement yet.

2008 Firefly Re-Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmmmm...prequels could work I guess. The only problem with a prequel though is that you know everyone survives to appear in the movie that it's a prequel for. The element of danger for the characters is absent.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

See I wish Joss could work a deal with Sci-Fi for like a trilogy series of tv-movies. I think they could do a wonderful job and allow the cast to still be able to do other series while continuing the Firefly legacy.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
        Hmmmmm...prequels could work I guess. The only problem with a prequel though is that you know everyone survives to appear in the movie that it's a prequel for. The element of danger for the characters is absent.
        True, but as with most shows, you know the "good guys" make it through and it doesn't diminish the entertainment value. I would accept any Firefly, but I would be sad that we'd miss out on Wash and Book.
        sigpic

Comment

I was able to find a copy of Those Left Behind at Borders today. One last little bit of Firefly for me to enjoy.

*is sad*

Thanks to jumble, Krissie678, & Pic for the awesome sigs!

Comment

Originally posted by DuncTK421 View Post
            I was able to find a copy of Those Left Behind at Borders today. One last little bit of Firefly for me to enjoy.

*is sad*
            There's a new set of comic books called Better Days, also.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
            ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

What the heck, it's still Firefly. Spoilered just in case.

Those Left Behind
              Spoiler:
              Not bad, not bad. Sometimes comic adaptations are kinda lackluster. Having Joss write it probably helped. I was hearing the actors' voices in my head as I was reading it. The actual plot made some of the events in Serenity make more sense. We know why Book left, and there's more leading up to Inara's departure. Now, the reappearance of Dobson was a complete shock. I had written him off as dead back in the pilot. Dude carries a grudge. I loved his last line “Not again!” as Mal shoots him in the other eye. What was up with the blue gloves guys? Kaylee ripped his shirt, but what was that under it? Looked like armor. Are they not really human? Nice setup at the end for the agent in Serenity. A couple other comments. I liked the full page shots of the characters dividing up the sections of the story. Very well done. Also, great introduction by Nathan Fillion.

Thanks to jumble, Krissie678, & Pic for the awesome sigs!

Comment

A re-watch is in progress at how_it_was and is going at a pretty slow, do-able pace.

Sighs and heads off to watch Firefly again

Comment

Also thought I'd pimp an episode-by-episode icontest that's just started off with Serenity parts 1&2.

http://community.livejournal.com/firefly_is_epic/
                  What better way to accompany a re-watch than making a bunch of little pictures about it?

Comment

Slightly OT here:

Spoiler:
                    British Sc-Fi channel seem to have had a bit of a movie-fest featuring actors from Firefly - Before it was Morena Baccarin and Adam Baldwin in Sands of Oblivion and on now is a movie called Mammoth starring Summer Glau.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Working...
                    X