Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally watched the pilot. Umm.

Spoiler:
    I'm.....dubious, I guess is the best word. I didn't hate it, and I'll keep watching for a while (at least through the Joe Flanigan episode). But I wasn't immediately in love with the show like I was when I watched the Eureka pilot. It's a little....well, yeah, bland.

I think I could like it, but it needs a little more substance. It's all a little vague and cryptic for my tastes. And it feels like it takes itself a little too seriously, and a show like this really can't do that and get away with it (IMO anyway).
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

Comment

So...has anyone just been blown away by the premiere?? I mean noone has from what I've seen.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
        "We’ve had a fantastic run of highly anticipated, much talked about premiere series on the channel this year - and Warehouse 13 is no exception," said NBCU Global Network’s head of channels James Newton.

"There was a tremendous buzz ahead of its launch in the US and the first night ratings are testament to what a fantastic show it is. The special effects and exciting plot twists make it a real gem for our autumn schedule."
        You just got to love the spin TV executives put on ratings numbers when they're good (and bad.) I have not seen one really positive review of the show by TV critics. Most seem to think the pilot was bland and "meh" but the premise sounds promising. The real question is if the show can hold most of the audience from the heavily advertised pilot and give SyFy above average ratings.

My personal opinion echos the critic's reviews. I like Saul Rubinek, but the pilot just wasn't engaging enough to make the show a must see. I will DVR the show and watch it when I have time.
        Spoiler:
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
          So...has anyone just been blown away by the premiere?? I mean noone has from what I've seen.
          I've checked in with all of my sci-fi loving buddies (including my three sons) and they all gave it a "meh".

It's really a shame. I do hope it picks up in the next few shows.
          "You cannot reason with your own heart;
          it has it's own laws and beats about things
          which the intellect scorns."
          - Mark Twain -

Comment

you know for a show to catch my attention they need either interesting characters or a good theme.
            and this show had neither.
            the characters were awfully boring and bland, not to mention bringing in the lead's supernatural hunches and explaining it so early in the show was a terrible call.
            and the theme was.. well disappointing, it didn't leave me wondering what else is lying around in that warehouse and how these artifacts came to be.

so I'd say the main element this show is missing is MYSTERY.

Comment

Just watched in on hulu. Looks ok will have to wait for a few more episode to be see if i will still watch.

Comment

Upon seeing it again, I came away liking it a bit more. The next few episodes will really decide things for me.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Warehouse 13 - Eddie McClintock Interview

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/0...interview.html

Comment

I have little doubt this show will last. I think it has one chance, and only one chance. That is the fact it is airing in the summer where they have basically no competition. Here, as well as other sites, the general consensus seems to be one large "meh" reaction. Truthfully how many shows have started out dull as nails and turned into gems in a few episodes?

Enjoy it while it lasts, I would not be surprised if the next ratings sink. And is this show really that cheap a production it can last with low ratings?

Comment

If my DVR records the premiere of this show one more time! I think I'm gonna scream!
                      sigpic

Comment

Finally got around to watching the pilot today, kinda had a Bones/Supernatural hybrid feel to it. Thought the lead both worked well together, while the story/plot was interesting enough to keep my attention for the full 80ish minutes, but it wasn't anything special. But that's the thing pilots are more often than not mixed bags, its quite rare to find a super pilot. I'll see where this goes over the next few episodes.

Comment

After watching the pilot last night.... It feels like X-Files meets Friday the 13th: The Series from FOX (the show with the Satanic cursed items that made people kill or do odd things but usually kill).

Overall the Pilot was entertaining and I'll probably watch more of the show.

Comment

Well, I'll give the show a few episodes...but even multiple viewings didn't make me "like" it.
                            sigpic

Comment

i need to rewind the dvr.

skiffy needs to work on its advertising. this and eureka premiered and I knew nothing about it. On the other hand, i don't watch skiffy unless i'm watching a specific show cause their lineup sucks so much, so i wasn't watching the network itself

that's a fatal weakness of theirs. many people are like me and only watch the 1-3 hours a week that they find interesting.

that said, the beginning was ok but i was tired and it wasn't interesting enough to keep me awake another 45 minutes to figure out how it ended
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hello everyone!
                                So I just saw the pilot for Warehouse 13 the oter day and I was curious what everyone else thougth about it.

I thought it was pretty good. A good mix of Mystery/Science Fiction and whatever type of Genre you would call it, being based off of urban legends and myths adn the like. I liked Pete the best, he's fun, funny and loose. Mika is also interesting. Real depth of character, she really has a backround but she's so serious. I don't remember the third character's name but he's aslso funny with the warehouse stuff "I've got to lose weight". Mrs. Frederick and her assistant are also quite interesting I hope we get to see more of them as well as the girl in the motel. I'd like to better understand her connection with the warehouse and the "unnamed unincorporated settlement" The writing is definitely good. I'd like to see some greater story arcs I hope. If the writing continues to be as good as it has been in the pilot then this show shoudl take off and be rather fine I think.

What do you all think?
                                You shot that thing at me!
                                I was already on an Alien Planet!
                                We're all in this together!
                                What happens when you dial your own phone number? wrong person to ask!

Comment

Working...
                                X