Warehouse 13 General Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
    I keep seeing trailers and adds for this show all over the place, but I'm getting a very "meh" feeling about it. Doesn't look that interesting.

Feels like a mix of eureka.

I'll watch the episode, but I'm not expecting anything great, maybe I'll be surprised though.
    You may be right...but lets watch and see! It maybe be excellent!
    sigpic

Comment

Just finished watching the pilot. I think it worked.

I have a new sci fi show to like.

But classic SG-1 remains the best ever!

Comment

I also liked it and will watch again. One thing that worries me though is that it doesn't seem like there will be much of a story arc. I will soon lose interest if every episode is simply find the weird artifact of the week. The pilot did not really show the beginnings of a story arc, at least not that I saw.

Comment

No spoilers, so don't worry.

It was cute. I won't cry if I have to miss a week though.

Saul was the best part of it I thought.
          sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

I too enjoyed it. Wasn't sure what to expect, so it was a pleasant suprise. I don't really expect any kind of a story arc, but we'll see. If not, then its not one I'll catch every week. Just most weeks since my Tuesday nights are free. But, I give it a thumbs up! And I thought Artie was funny!

Comment

Liked the show. It has some awkward bits, but that'll get sorted out in time and it looks to be a fun romp along the way. It has bits and pieces of other things mixed into it- as so many things do- but having seen the premiere I didn't immediately think, "OMG! This is just like that other show!" which is usually a good sign, in my book. I'll be watching.

Comment

Mediocrity wins again at Scifi...oops, Syfy.

If this show debuted in the Fall-Spring, I would give it zero chance. The fact it has just about no competition should mean it will survive for a while at least. But should it? My question is always why settle for average. Why do we have to keep accepting subpar pseudo-Science Fiction? Why can't Science Fiction fans expect a show with quality such as The Shield, The Wire, Sopranos, etc. I have heard the promos and advertising that BSG was the best drama on TV. Well, no it was not, not even by a long shot when compared to either The Shield or Wire. Is it that hard to find decent quality writers, producers, and directors?

I saw nothing in this show that would set it apart from any other run of the mill long forgotten, long since canceled shows. There is no depth to characters, nor the story. It has a formula that is generic at heart, that will be predictable to the end. I see no characters that can give a damn about should they be removed from the series. I think just about any viewer of either Shield or Wire were extremely shocked to say the least when Lem and Omar were killed off respectively. This show, well I don't know if we could even notice. The characters are so generic they could have new ones plugged in without anyone noticing.

I guess I for one am just tired at the direction of TV as a whole. I want quality, is that too much to ask for? I want originality, is that too much to ask for as well? When Farscape first aired, I was blown away by just how much different it was from any other show. During the first couple of seasons, this show was truly original (although it dragged itself down in the end). Even Stargate SG-1, when it first aired, was quite original in many ways. Hence why these shows became fan favorites and classics. This show, and I would include Eureka in this as well, will not be shows that are remembered fondly years from now.

I guess we can not be too surprised, what with the number of remakes, re-imaging, etc. Hollywood has become allergic to originality, quality, and risk.

Comment

I didn't really have any particular interest in this show, but I ended up watching the premiere anyway. I still feel kind of "meh" about it. For a premiere, it felt really slow. All in all, it could be interesting. Probably not the kind of show that will grab my attention, but worth watching if I'm bored.

Saul Rubinek is usually quite good, and he didn't disappoint. I don't really feel anything for the lead guy and the lead girl (they both seem rather bland at this point), so Saul's character is probably the biggest draw for me.
                  Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
                  Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

Warehouse 13 - Episode 1.03 - Resonance - Promo

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/0...resonance.html

Comment

God, that was LAME. Lite X-files meets The Librarian telemovies meets Friday 13th TV series meets Eureka.
                      Won't be watching episode 2.
                      Big FAIL.

Comment

I liked it alot. I think SyFy might have another hit on their hands.
                        sigpic

Comment

I really liked Saul Rubinek.

I didn't like, as seems to be the standard, that the guy was the "stupid/funny" one who had a thing for cookies, etc. It had a very Bones feel to it.

If I catch the next episode, I'll watch it, but I won't be looking out for it.

Comment

Well, poo! I laid down on the couch at 7:50 CST to watch the show...and fell asleep and woke up at 10:05 CST. Thank the Lord for DVRs So, I'll watch it this afternoon.
                            sigpic

Comment

im not a fan yet but it was interesting.ill give it an ep or 2

Comment

I thought it was very good. The first case could have been a little more interesting, but it's just the pilot. Fringe's pilot, for example, literally put me to sleep. This one didn't.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X