Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Default Re: Warehouse 13 Discussion *Spoilers to be tagged*

Quote Originally Posted by Briangate78 View Post
    With a 2.5 HH rating for the premiere with 3.5 Million viewers, I highly doubt it will be going anywhere soon. It beat out Sanctuary's premiere by more than half a million viewers. It was the 3rd highest premiere for the network, for a drama series. Atlantis was # 1, followed by Eureka. A show like this likely has a low production budget, so it is just extra gravy to the network.
    This is true...mainly because there was nothing else better on TV. Also, if the show doesn't get ride of its blah, blandness...it won't last.

Air Force Chief of Staff Everlovin's Avatar
    Dancing, singing, praising, and thanking!

If there weren't freaking nothing else in the entire world on, I don't know that I would have watched it.

Am I that desperate for scifi that I'd settle for lousy scifi? *shudders*

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

I thought the first episode was alright, I do agree that it is a little bland but I found some humorous moments in the episode, especially the bantor between the leading characters. I am willing to give the show a shot.
    "I love my insanity because it keeps all the sane people away from me"

I enjoyed the pilot. I really thought it worked, and I look forward to seeing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Everlovin View Post
    If there weren't freaking nothing else in the entire world on, I don't know that I would have watched it.

Am I that desperate for scifi that I'd settle for lousy scifi? *shudders*
    I don't think you are alone in settling for lousy Scifi rather than no Scifi. I myself had no interest in this show, nor did I believe for a second it would be of either interest or quality.....yet I did watch it. The why of course is what else is on? Not to name any other shows specifically, but I have seen over the years a general acceptance of a lot of show that were mediocre at best. With reality TV continuing to grow the choice of scripted TV shrinks, to which the size of genre and Scifi is getting close to non-existant. So sad.

Quote Originally Posted by SBN View Post
    I don't think you are alone in settling for lousy Scifi rather than no Scifi. I myself had no interest in this show, nor did I believe for a second it would be of either interest or quality.....yet I did watch it. The why of course is what else is on? Not to name any other shows specifically, but I have seen over the years a general acceptance of a lot of show that were mediocre at best. With reality TV continuing to grow the choice of scripted TV shrinks, to which the size of genre and Scifi is getting close to non-existant. So sad.
    True...and was it just me or did the quality seem like it was filmed with a hand-held camera from best buy or something.

I don't know what was worse, the acting or the overly collagen injected lips that female detective sports. This reminds me of Eureka of but worse, which is pretty bad.

It's only one episode, so I won't dismiss it just yet.

Chief Master Sergeant

Agree with all said here. Very bland pilot... could be intriguing premise, but nothing to show me yet. Characters fairly uninteresting, with Saul Rubinek (sorry if I didn't get the last name correctly) a bit of a stereotype of eccentricity. Liked Bob Newhart in The Librarian much better.

However, also like everyone else, I'm willing to give this a couple more episodes, but, damn, make those lead characters more interesting. I'm getting so sick of cliches... it's like there is no originality left in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Starbase View Post
    It's only one episode, so I won't dismiss it just yet.
    Yeah...same here.

Mighty Avenger - Moderator Madwelshboy's Avatar
    Somewhere between the lab and labour ward

Sci Fi UK acquires 'Warehouse 13'

Sci Fi UK has secured the first-run pay-TV rights to Warehouse 13 from NBC Universal International Television Distribution, it has been announced.

The series, starring Eddie McClintock and Joanne Kelly, centres around two Secret Service agents who find themselves abruptly transferred to a top-secret storage facility.

"We’ve had a fantastic run of highly anticipated, much talked about premiere series on the channel this year - and Warehouse 13 is no exception," said NBCU Global Network’s head of channels James Newton.

"There was a tremendous buzz ahead of its launch in the US and the first night ratings are testament to what a fantastic show it is. The special effects and exciting plot twists make it a real gem for our autumn schedule."

The sci-fi series joins Knight Rider, Dollhouse and Legend Of The Seeker in landing a UK premiere on the channel.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/broadcas...ehouse-13.html

Finally watched the pilot. Umm.

Spoiler:
    I'm.....dubious, I guess is the best word. I didn't hate it, and I'll keep watching for a while (at least through the Joe Flanigan episode). But I wasn't immediately in love with the show like I was when I watched the Eureka pilot. It's a little....well, yeah, bland.

I think I could like it, but it needs a little more substance. It's all a little vague and cryptic for my tastes. And it feels like it takes itself a little too seriously, and a show like this really can't do that and get away with it (IMO anyway).
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles

So...has anyone just been blown away by the premiere?? I mean noone has from what I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Madwelshboy View Post
    "We’ve had a fantastic run of highly anticipated, much talked about premiere series on the channel this year - and Warehouse 13 is no exception," said NBCU Global Network’s head of channels James Newton.

"There was a tremendous buzz ahead of its launch in the US and the first night ratings are testament to what a fantastic show it is. The special effects and exciting plot twists make it a real gem for our autumn schedule."
    You just got to love the spin TV executives put on ratings numbers when they're good (and bad.) I have not seen one really positive review of the show by TV critics. Most seem to think the pilot was bland and "meh" but the premise sounds promising. The real question is if the show can hold most of the audience from the heavily advertised pilot and give SyFy above average ratings.

My personal opinion echos the critic's reviews. I like Saul Rubinek, but the pilot just wasn't engaging enough to make the show a must see. I will DVR the show and watch it when I have time.
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by LtColCarter View Post
    So...has anyone just been blown away by the premiere?? I mean noone has from what I've seen.
    I've checked in with all of my sci-fi loving buddies (including my three sons) and they all gave it a "meh".

It's really a shame. I do hope it picks up in the next few shows.
    "You cannot reason with your own heart;
    it has it's own laws and beats about things
    which the intellect scorns."
    - Mark Twain -

Captain

you know for a show to catch my attention they need either interesting characters or a good theme.
    and this show had neither.
    the characters were awfully boring and bland, not to mention bringing in the lead's supernatural hunches and explaining it so early in the show was a terrible call.
    and the theme was.. well disappointing, it didn't leave me wondering what else is lying around in that warehouse and how these artifacts came to be.

so I'd say the main element this show is missing is MYSTERY.

Bugs' Carrot Keeper leeman15251's Avatar

Just watched in on hulu. Looks ok will have to wait for a few more episode to be see if i will still watch.

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

Upon seeing it again, I came away liking it a bit more. The next few episodes will really decide things for me.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Mighty Avenger - Moderator Madwelshboy's Avatar
    Somewhere between the lab and labour ward

Warehouse 13 - Eddie McClintock Interview

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/0...interview.html

I have little doubt this show will last. I think it has one chance, and only one chance. That is the fact it is airing in the summer where they have basically no competition. Here, as well as other sites, the general consensus seems to be one large "meh" reaction. Truthfully how many shows have started out dull as nails and turned into gems in a few episodes?

Enjoy it while it lasts, I would not be surprised if the next ratings sink. And is this show really that cheap a production it can last with low ratings?

If my DVR records the premiere of this show one more time! I think I'm gonna scream!