This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jenks View Post
    I've never really liked any of them that much, I don't understand how anyone could think it was a good idea to cast Brendan Fraser as a lead in such a film. He's such a douche.
    could have been worse!! at least it wasn't adam sandler or steven seagal
    sigpic
    EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
    -Liberty Prime

Comment

I concur heartily with Admiral Mappalazarou ... and it doesn't really matter how bad Brendan Fraser was when viewing the 3rd film, because there were so many worse things to notice...

...and I happen to be a Rick fangirl

Douche or not, #3 lacked the usual Rick/Evie chemistry and, from a shipping perspective, that's the biggest thing I was concerned with...

Much as I laughed during

Spoiler:
      the vomit scene on the plane, I felt it was glaringly out of place and just wrong...Jonathan humour is usually better than that.

Comment

I thought it was a fun little romp, but nothing to write home about.

A couple of quibbles I had were:

Why did O'Connell Jr. speak with an American accent if he grew up in England?

Why couldn't they choose an actress that had even just a tiny spark of chemistry on screen with Brendan? I mean seriously, their scenes were not only chemistry-less but pretty skeezy & incestuous feeling. Gag!

The abominable snowmen were very well done, though. And Jonathan & his new galpal the yak were a little stupid, but still cute.

Comment

Originally posted by unowhoandwhy View Post
          I thought it was a fun little romp, but nothing to write home about.

A couple of quibbles I had were:

Why did O'Connell Jr. speak with an American accent if he grew up in England?

Why couldn't they choose an actress that had even just a tiny spark of chemistry on screen with Brendan? I mean seriously, their scenes were not only chemistry-less but pretty skeezy & incestuous feeling. Gag!

The abominable snowmen were very well done, though. And Jonathan & his new galpal the yak were a little stupid, but still cute.
          I was wondering that.

Comment

I think the movie would have been 100 times better if Rachel Weisz had reprised her role as Evelyn. Maria Bello sucked SO much!!! Talk about a plank of wood - and what a FAKE accent and contrived demeanor - is she a C-grade actress? cos she sure came across as one!

As to Alex's American accent, yeah, it was a touch out of place, but remember his dad's a Yank, so he must've teen-angsted and gone anti-Pom at some time. A bit too Indy IV in that respect - sorta 'just missed the boat'...

Mummy 3 was sadly lacking the sparkle of the first two - again, it was all because of that amazing LACK of chemistry between Rick & Evie.
            sigpic
            My Manips & other artwork!

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
              Dogget and Scully already kicked the ass of a Man-Bat, so Batman shouldn't be an issue.
              one of my dad's favorite episodes lol,
              Get people back into the X-Files before launching the major alien story again.
              they said that if they do another one, they will do it at 2012, during the alien invasion (duhn, duhn, duhnnnnn........)

KEEP IT CLEAN
              Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
              Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

Was an average film imo. Didn't really like the grown up son/time passed angle.

Originally posted by Lt.Col.Errandboy View Post
                I think the movie would have been 100 times better if Rachel Weisz had reprised her role as Evelyn. Maria Bello sucked SO much!!! Talk about a plank of wood - and what a FAKE accent and contrived demeanor - is she a C-grade actress? cos she sure came across as one!
                I thought she did alright considering. Don't mind some of her other work either.
                Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

did not like it either. i love brendan fraser....saw him two times in the theatre, so he can act...
                  but mummy III was just bad.....
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X