This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Mummy III: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

I'm a big fan of the first Mummy, but the second I felt was a complete let-down...I also didn't particularly enjoy The Scorpian King either. So my views on what this new movie will be like are somewhat mixed. Hopefully it'll border on the Action/Adventure/Horror theme which was apparent in the first film, and not the Adventure/Kids Movie theme which appeared in the sequel - then who knows, it may actually be pretty good.

I look forward to the reviews.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

A third Mummy movie? Great news! I loved the first two films. Will most of the original cast be back?
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Rachel Weisz won't be back as Evie, which was pretty dissapointing to hear. She decided to do Eragon instead (and that movie was bad bad bad...) and their son is older in this film so I guess it'll be a different actor. Not sure about everyone else. Obviously Brendan Fraser is back...

Comment

the scorpion king was one of the worst movies ever.
        sucks rachel weisz won't be back - she's so hot.
        2nd movie sucked pretty hard after how awesome the first one was, so i hope this one sucks less than that one, because i doubt this one will be very good.

Comment

I loved the First movie and I loved the second just as much, but I'm not sure this is going to be good at all without Rachel Weisz. Can only hope evie won't feature much in this one really.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            A third Mummy movie? Great news! I loved the first two films. Will most of the original cast be back?
            John Hannah and Brendan Fraser are returning to play thier characters again, but I haven't heard anything about the others. I have a feeling that although this movie focusses on a completely different mummified threat, that somehow...it will still show Immhotep as being sort of 'out there'.
            Originally posted by Morbo View Post
            the scorpion king was one of the worst movies ever.
            sucks rachel weisz won't be back - she's so hot.
            2nd movie sucked pretty hard after how awesome the first one was, so i hope this one sucks less than that one, because i doubt this one will be very good.
            More news for you from wiki on the topic;
            It has been announced by Maria Bello that there will be a fourth and fifth Mummy movie, this one is rumored to have Qin Shi Haung or Imhotep. The possible spin-off might be the upcoming prequel to The Scorpion King. She also went on to tell MTV that she has signed for not one, but three more sequels.
            Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
            I loved the First movie and I loved the second just as much, but I'm not sure this is going to be good at all without Rachel Weisz. Can only hope evie won't feature much in this one really.
            Here's the new Evy;

I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
              It has been announced by Maria Bello that there will be a fourth and fifth Mummy movie, this one is rumored to have Qin Shi Haung or Imhotep. The possible spin-off might be the upcoming prequel to The Scorpion King. She also went on to tell MTV that she has signed for not one, but three more sequels.
              A prequel to a prequel!? I wonder how far back they're gonna go with this - Land of the Prehistoric Barbarians?
              "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

The Mummy III? hm I'll have to rewatch I and II but it could be interesting
                sigpic
                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

This is such a bad idea on so many levels... =/

Comment

Originally posted by gkyun View Post
                    A prequel to a prequel!? I wonder how far back they're gonna go with this - Land of the Prehistoric Barbarians?
                    10,000BC fills that slot.

Such an awful movie.

sigpic

Comment

sweet
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Mapp, you've titled this thread The Mummy III: Curse of the Dragon Emperor, whilst the Poster reads Tomb of the Dragon Emperor, I assume the latter's correct and you mixed it up with Curse of the Mummy?

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
                          Mapp, you've titled this thread The Mummy III: Curse of the Dragon Emperor, whilst the Poster reads Tomb of the Dragon Emperor, I assume the latter's correct and you mixed it up with Curse of the Mummy?

The poster's wrong.

sigpic

Comment

I'm definitely going to give this movie a shot though. It sounds interesting enough.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I think I'll wait to see what the reviews say. Sometimes 3 isn't always the charm but they are taking it in a new direction apparently. I hope for the best.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X