• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually liked Jonas! But then, I liked Daniel even more
    sigpic

Comment

Hello peoples! *waves*

JONAS!!

Why have I not ever been to this thread before? Bad me! Ive been a member here for 2 years!

And a fan of Corin for 2 years but more so since meeting him in March this year!

Spoiler:

I am Queen McBeck of McTennantLand,
      traveling in the TARDIS with King Rodney & my fine Sir Carson of Atlantis... ALONSY!

sigpic

Comment

I love the ring he's wearing on his right hand.
        sigpic

Comment

*looks around*

I have returned!!!! It's been a long time since I've been in this thread. Since I am doing a S-6 rewatch it brought back some good times from this thread.

Anyone follow him on Twitter?

For me it's the dimples! I love dimples. He's got that awesome smile!!!!

Back to S-6. I didn't really get into the Stargate franchise until after Atlantis was on the air so I didn't know the whole storyline that brought Jonas Quinn to the show. I understood it was to replace MS since he was doing other projects? Yet he was in several episodes of S-6 (more than I realized) so maybe that wasn't it. I love how Jonas always shows respect to "Dr. Jackson's findings" or whatever he's discussing.

IHS
          sigpic

Comment

I follow him on twitter & he follows me back. And hes tweetd me a number of times. And he just awesome in person. Cant wait til the next time i meet him & have drinks again
            traveling in the TARDIS with King Rodney & my fine Sir Carson of Atlantis... ALONSY!

sigpic

Comment

Saw him in a SyFy movie last night..."Sea Beast"...not your usual Xmas stuff and a bit bloody....but nice Vancouver scenery...

Don't follow him on Twitter though, some of his "jokes" are not to my taste I'm afraid..
              sigpic
              Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
              MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Oh yes, he & some other guys & their "Yo Mamma" jokes... *sigh*

sigpic

Comment

Yup....
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                  MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Merry Christmas everyone!

sigpic

Comment

*dusts off thread* Hello fellow Jonas fans!

Comment

I really liked Jonas as a character. I know he was only written in because Michael Shanks was leaving the show, albeit temporarily, but I really thought the writers made a mistake by throwing him to the wayside once Michael returned to the show.

I would have liked to have seen more from Jonas, even if he was just a series regular. He was a member of SG-1 for Pete's sake! I will always hold some disdain for the writers/show runners for just cutting him off like dead weight that they no longer wanted to carry around. I thought his inquisitive nature and sense of morality fit well with the team dynamic and they definitely could have done more with him.

Having Kelowna be conquered/turned by the Ori and to not have another Jonas reappearance was just a huge slap in the face to his character, I thought. His sense of justice would have been crucial in leading an underground against the Ori. The inter-continental politics of Kelowna and the continued research into Naquadria could both have been interesting plot points to use against the Ori. But, alas, he was never used again after Season 7. A massive waste in potential.

Comment

Absolutely agreed. Jonas was such a wonderful character and they did him such a disservice by writing him off how they did, and then to lay siege to his planet and not even bring him up!

Comment

Working...
                          X