This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doomsday weapon

The 'what if we lost the entire fleet' thread made me think of this and i thot it deserved its own thred.

I wonder if the BC-304s have some horrible dead mans switch where if theyre going down they pop a doomsday weapon that destroys the entire region of space theyre in? If i were the IOA i would make something awful like a cross between the tainted ZPM and Arcturus. (Greater than destroying a solar system but less than destroying the whole universe) Especially considering how boned earth is if an enemy gets ahold of either Atlantis or a 304.

Thats really the only way i would accept the destruction of the Deadalous. Caldwell spitting blood and saying #$%^ you. Then kablooey and entire sector of wraith territory is gone.

Have you learned nothing from the cold war?
    Or do you ignore the Dakara weapon and the reason why it was a bad Idea to keep it?

I say ney, perhaps a gatebuster 2.0 as a self destruct option but nothing more.
    By Nolamom
    sigpic

Comment

doubtful cosidering
      Spoiler:
      sam had to fly the phoenix into a hive ship to destroy it in the last man.
      and we know atlantis has a self destruct, just not anywhere near as deadly as you described.
      Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
      sigpic

Comment

We can't build ZPM's or anything close to it at the moment, not sure how we'd blow a solar system up lol.

Would be cool though if just a tad over the top.
        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
          The 'what if we lost the entire fleet' thread made me think of this and i thot it deserved its own thred.

I wonder if the BC-304s have some horrible dead mans switch where if theyre going down they pop a doomsday weapon that destroys the entire region of space theyre in? If i were the IOA i would make something awful like a cross between the tainted ZPM and Arcturus. (Greater than destroying a solar system but less than destroying the whole universe) Especially considering how boned earth is if an enemy gets ahold of either Atlantis or a 304.

Thats really the only way i would accept the destruction of the Deadalous. Caldwell spitting blood and saying #$%^ you. Then kablooey and entire sector of wraith territory is gone.
          no no no, Caldwell would be doing the Kahn death speech from Star Trek II: Wrath of Kahn..............

"I spit my last breath at thee.........." BOOM
          if you see a light at the end of the tunnel, it's just a photon torpedo.

Comment

SO this was inspired by my thread

I think there are self destruct mechanism in place but I don't think we could build something as powerful as you suggest; however, the explosion of the phoenix was so massive that it took 3 hives with it.

The most powerful explosion we could make would most probably be a dozen Mk 9 gatebusters.
            Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Working...
            X