This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on season 4

Anyone else think it's becoming a bit of a parody? They seem intent on jamming a season's worth of plot into every episode, so there's now virtually no scenes without either a major revelation or plot point, violence, or some form of mental breakdown. Wish they'd calm down and do some proper plot development, Lee's gone form pilot to head of the corum in three scenes for christs sake.

Making Tigh the Cylon might have been the shark jumping or Battlestar FTL'ing over a shark, Adama and Tigh go way back and fought in the first war so IMO the only way to resolve this logically would mean. The human copies or sexbots have been around for at least 40 years, and Adama is also a Cylon which is why he is covering for Tigh's military service story. Baltar must have known both Adama and Tigh were cylons when he did the Cylon detector test ( Baltar's test - rumor has it he's a genius). The writers really did something wrong with the season and we have a storyline that seems to flip back and forth for no other reason other than trying to shock the viewers, not unlike the writers stunt pulled with lovers cheating, Cally dying, Billy dying and the Iraqtica BS.

Comment

Tigh and Adama didn't fight together in the first war, they met YEARS later when Adama was pushed out of the service and had to work on some frieghter... remember?

I personally think this season is brilliant, They may be jam packing some of the plot points but they've got only ONE season to wrap it all up, you can't begrudge them for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Youma View Post
        Anyone else think it's becoming a bit of a parody? They seem intent on jamming a season's worth of plot into every episode, so there's now virtually no scenes without either a major revelation or plot point, violence, or some form of mental breakdown. Wish they'd calm down and do some proper plot development, Lee's gone form pilot to head of the corum in three scenes for christs sake.
        What? Have you been paying attention so far? I'm actually astonished at how little has happened so far. In a month, four episodes, Kara's off on her little excursion, Baltar's living with groupies, Roslin's dying, and Lee quit his job. All of that is only marginally further along than we were more than a year ago when Crossroads Pt 2 aired.

I'm dying for something to actually happen, though I'm a complete sucker for character pieces like 'Escape Velocity'.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          What? Have you been paying attention so far? I'm actually astonished at how little has happened so far. In a month, four episodes, Kara's off on her little excursion, Baltar's living with groupies, Roslin's dying, and Lee quit his job. All of that is only marginally further along than we were more than a year ago when Crossroads Pt 2 aired.

I'm dying for something to actually happen, though I'm a complete sucker for character pieces like 'Escape Velocity'.
          Cally tried to commit suicide, Tori became a murderer, Laura's turned totalitarian, the cylons have a civil war, Baltar starts his religion, there's a religious war, tigh's gone obsessive, Tyrol got reassigned, Baltar meets head Baltar...

Nothing's happened, nothing at all.

Comment

Cally tried to commit suicide
            Alright, yeah, that was out of left field.

Tori became a murderer
            Tory was always mentally questionable. She tried to rig an election, she was nearly in tears because she didn't know what happened to Maya and the baby (wah), she was inexplicably suddenly farking Anders near the end of season 3. Flushing Cally really wasn't that big of a leap.

Laura's turned totalitarian
            That's been brewing for a long time, starting when she outlawed abortion, continuing through her attempt to steal an election in season 2, wishing in early season 3 that she'd gone through with it, etc.

the cylons have a civil war
            Athena chose to abandon the Cylons to live with the humans, Caprica left them to save the baby and rebel against her own kind in so doing. D'Anna got boxed by Cavil. I'm not seeing how this is shocking.

Baltar starts his religion
            The cult of Baltar was around starting in the back half of season 3 when he was distributing writings from his cell. And as far as his current group of followers goes, they were around at least as far back as (either) The Son Also Rises or Crossroads Pt 1 (I forget); when the woman wanted him to bless her child.

there's a religious war
            I'd hardly call a scuffle in temple and getting beat up because Roslin wanted to limit his orgies to 12 women a religious war.

tigh's gone obsessive
            Saul's been out of his head ever since he executed Ellen.

Tyrol got reassigned
            How many promotions and demotions have Kara and Lee gone through in three seasons?

Baltar meets head Baltar...
            Which is thus far a completely isolated incident.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Out of curiosity, what would constitute "something happening" to you? Want them to kill starbuck again? Find earth? Ally with the cylons?

Comment

The lunatics are in charge of the asylum, the ship, the fleet and the whole frackin universe. It's one thing to give your characters a few flaws, a whole 'nother to bury them in mental kookyness ( that's right, kookyness). On a side note, should I be laughing at all this because thats what happens most of the time. Every week it's ten or so minutes of intrigue (the Cylon internal conflict) and the rest is filled with "How can we make this character(insert any name) struggle with being human/cylon? I get it; it's tough in space, now grow a set and move on.
                sigpic

Comment

It's one thing to give your characters a few flaws, a whole 'nother to bury them in mental kookyness
                  Hear hear! bring on the sanity

Comment

Originally posted by Charon View Post
                    The lunatics are in charge of the asylum, the ship, the fleet and the whole frackin universe.
                    I like the whole lunatic aspect in the show, especially this season. I think it's about time the characters start losing their marbles with all that's happened to them. I think it's only natural. in real life a lot of people go crazy because they can't handle the stress of their daily lives! these guys barely survived an apocalypse (or even two of them if you count new caprica), a person's obvious death and a miraculous (uneplained) resurrection and then figured out some of them are not really human, but cylon. tigh killed his wife. the guilt must be incredible. he then figures out he is the enemy of the human race. it's gotta have an effect on your psyche. tyrol's wife killed herself and left him with a child. he also recently discovered he's a bloody cylon. i think it all just piles up on them and they lose it. eventually. and they're still chased by the fraking cylons and have to do the jobs upon which the entire human race depends to survive. come on. someone's gotta lose it eventually.

Comment

I'm actually very disappointed so far. i'm so sick of the "four" crying and complaining about being cylons and thinking everyone is goign to kill them.

the storyline are all over the place 1 ep deals with baltar and another with the civil war and then two eps later it's all kara on her ship trying to fnd earth.

"the road less traveled is the first ep this season that's making me want to tune in this friday. aside from "6 of 1"
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Season4 is a little...bleh, so far.

More impressive than Season3 though.

I'd say, enough has happen that if you miss even so much as 15 minutes of an episode you're missing out on a huge chunk of information and episode lead-up. Like usual.

Cally dying wasn't so out there. Her facial expressions always bothered the heck out of me, and she never seemed to have that great of a relationship with Galen to begin with. And they even gave you a huge prediction of what's going to happen; Sol mentioned Cally not too long before she got shooped out of an airlock by a cylon trying to protect the other cylons.

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                        i'm so sick of the "four" crying and complaining about being cylons and thinking everyone is goign to kill them.
                        The religious junk is bogus. It's like Greek Mythology vs. Catholic Church, and neither religion is more innocent than the next. It's a good plot twist, but dear lord am I ever sick of the Baltar character. Over the top, sick of; I'd rather go for some Helo development than see his skinny, traitorous behind on my television screen one more time.

Loveboat Galactica continues. Verdict? Soap opera for geeks, but I'm still lovin' in. Gives it more realistic hiss.

Everything's breaking down in Season4, but I'm very unamused with the 1 year wait, again. 2 years to see the end of a show? Give me a break.

Spoiler:
                        Next episode (405) looks the most interesting so far as I've seen. Leoben is an amazing character that is, overall, my favorite. I can't get enough of him or his undying die-hard obsession with Starbuck. Plus, I'm interested to see how their relationship changes now that he invaded her thoughts pre-death in Maelstrom.

Comment

I'm torn actually - part of me thinks that the eps have been kinda slow and part of me is confident that this is all building up to something huge. Good think I'm patient.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                            I'm actually very disappointed so far. i'm so sick of the "four" crying and complaining about being cylons and thinking everyone is goign to kill them.

the storyline are all over the place 1 ep deals with baltar and another with the civil war and then two eps later it's all kara on her ship trying to fnd earth.

"the road less traveled is the first ep this season that's making me want to tune in this friday. aside from "6 of 1"
                            You have really been on both sides of the coin this season huh? I have to agree that it has been a little disappointing. I felt Atlantis raised the bar and had an amazing 4th season. I want to see BSG do the same and just blow it's other seasons out of the water, but it is not happening.

I also agree about the eps thrown all over the place. I also think they are digging too deep into the Baltar story arc.

I am also looking forward to "The Road less Traveled" Starbuck is still my favorite character and I have always been interested in the road to Earth.
                            sigpic

Comment

I also agree about the eps thrown all over the place. I also think they are digging too deep into the Baltar story arc.
                              Yea, for the first time in the series I'm starting to loose interest in the Baltar story too, too plot driven and not centered on his personal journey.

Comment

Working...
                              X