Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Unofficial Discussion) Escape Velocity (404)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Unofficial Discussion) Escape Velocity (404)

Baltar's beliefs create a controversy for those faithful to the 12 Lords of Kobol, and a crew member's demise casts a pall on the Colonials.

Sent a message to the mods.....hopefully the official thread will open soon.

I'm still collecting my thoughts.....

Comment

all I hav eot say at the moment is

1)I feel horrible for Galen
      2)Six and Saul was just creepy
      3)I still hate Tory

Comment

Thoughts below, spoilers obviously.

Spoiler:
        I love the Baltar story more every time I see it. He was great as the crazy scientist, interesting as a politician, fascinating as a criminal, and now just downright captivating as a prophet. I don't know what to be more grateful for, the terrific writing for the part or James Callis' acting chops.

Interesting to see Tory becoming more involved with Baltar, I thought. She seems to be spending more time with him, and in his sermon at the end he seems to have embraced the idea of divine love and perfection in its creation (though, with his own take).

I kept thinking of the Temple of Five last season, and the five priests of 'the one who shall not be named'. Tory spending more time with Baltar's sect, Saul seeking absolution in Caprica Six, Tyrol losing it and (presumably at some point soon) needing peace of mind. Anders wasn't hardly there this week, so I'll have to reserve judgement on him and this "trend".

Nice also to see Lee as being more useful. Last week he seemed like a bad pawn of Tom Zarek (speaking of whom, where was he this week?) but this week he actually seems to have made a difference. Interesting to see his reaction to Baltar's sermon as well, wouldn't that be a hell of a twist if he came to believe in monotheism.

Every week I grow less and less sympathetic to Roslin...which is kind of sad, I used to like her so much. These days though, I find myself not really caring that she's going to die. The only sadness I feel in it is her fear of dying an empty death. Beyond that, her increasingly selfish and dare I say, totalitarian tactics are making her far more of a hazard to the fleet as a whole than anything Baltar could be doing.
        Last edited by DigiFluid; 25 April 2008, 07:29 PM. Reason: typo
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

baltar,baltar,baltar,baltar,baltar,baltar,baltar,baltar,!!!!!

james is so cool i lvoe this new version of his character

i missed the beginning going to see it later
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Question! Can someone tell what happened at the beginning of the Roslin/Adama scene after the second commercial break? First I heard was that Adama hadn't finished the end of some book. My Dad just had to do the unthinkable and hijack the zapper to check tomorrow's weather because it apparently couldn't wait.....

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            Spoiler:
            Interesting to see Tory becoming more involved with Baltar, I thought. She seems to be spending more time with him, and in his sermon at the end he seems to have embraced the idea of divine love and perfection in its creation (though, with his own take).
            Spoiler:
            Tori's.....attentions, to Baltar are just plain disturbing. She's really gone off the deep end.....

I find the contrast in Baltar, from this season to the mini pretty startling- the man of science has become the man of faith (well.....getting there anyway). I feel like I should watch the mini and this season side by side just to see the differences in the characters.

Comment

lollooks like the mods are ignoring you? hehehe baltar is really gonna have most of the fleet believing in him and in "God". apolla, tory, tyrol?, probably some members on the quorum. lol rosslin isnt gonna be happy

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                Spoiler:
                Tori's.....attentions, to Baltar are just plain disturbing. She's really gone off the deep end.....

I find the contrast in Baltar, from this season to the mini pretty startling- the man of science has become the man of faith (well.....getting there anyway). I feel like I should watch the mini and this season side by side just to see the differences in the characters.
                No you're right, the contrast really is quite striking. I think that's one of the things we probably all love most about this show though, that RDM/Eick aren't afraid to have characters grow, evolve, and change over time. And certainly, the life Baltar's had since pre-attack on the Colonies until now...would change a person's outlook somewhat lol
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  No you're right, the contrast really is quite striking. I think that's one of the things we probably all love most about this show though, that RDM/Eick aren't afraid to have characters grow, evolve, and change over time. And certainly, the life Baltar's had since pre-attack on the Colonies until now...would change a person's outlook somewhat lol
                  Best. Part. Of The Show.

And "The Show" is capitalized for a reason.

Comment

A very strong episode tonight IMO. Talk about characters going through some major stuff.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      A very strong episode tonight IMO. Talk about characters going through some major stuff.
                      5 more season 5 more seasons

https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                        5 more season 5 more seasons

I can't believe that there are only six more episodes this year.

Comment

Just in case since this isn't in ep thread.
                          Spoiler:

So head six is not so much just in his head. He has always interacted with her as if she were physically there but this is the first time he has been so clearly physically manipulated by her. Wouldn't be surprised if the head characters are of the same race as the entity that took on leoben's form to Kara in Maelstrom. Plus she looked like she was eyeing up Tory during Baltars speech. Def independent entity.

Baltar really is so maleable(Caprica, Head Six, Tori).

I think Tigh is projecting more, Tyrol I think is a little messed up in the head to be calling that projection. I think Tory for all her guiltless cylon attitude has not had anything at all like a projection or daydream. Then again she has such a weak moral/ethical compass when she thought she was ever losing sleep over her actions(not that anything shown has been that bad) which really seem to be the fodder for the others.

Tigh getting some 'therapy' from Caprica Six.

Just some random post ep points.

Also a plot unrelated note, did anyone else get cut off ~25min in on the 12pm stream?

Comment

everyones cut off which is why lots of ppl on other forums got pissed

Comment

Working...
                            X