X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wizz_kid_sid View Post
    I totally agree with you!
    I'm getting annoyed about seeing "U.S.S" on the side of the ships and even "USAF"
    They should give a ship to Russians again, Britian, France and China. That way all of the IOA have their part in it =]
    They dont need to give those countries anything as all are capable of building the ships temselves (though i wouldnt give the plans to the Chinese). Even small countries in Scandinavia and countries like Japan, Australia and Germany all would have the capacity to build space ships (though it would take abit longer for some of them).

Comment

Originally posted by ykickamoocow View Post
      They dont need to give those countries anything as all are capable of building the ships temselves (though i wouldnt give the plans to the Chinese). Even small countries in Scandinavia and countries like Japan, Australia and Germany all would have the capacity to build space ships (though it would take abit longer for some of them).
      Yeah, I don't think we should just be given them. We should be able to build our own.

Comment

I seriously doubt we'll ever see a British 304, or even a European one, I think the best we'll get are international ones under the command of the IOA.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
          The British/Europeans SHOULD have a ship. But tptb seem to want to make it increasingly like the USA is the world, and evey one else is stupid/insignificant/doean't matter. That has to be my main gripe with tptb.

But that's for another thread.
          Why would TPTB want USA to be the world when they're in Canada? I think the problem is that they're keeping to much to the movie, where the US first opened the Stargate.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron Mitchel View Post
            Why would TPTB want USA to be the world when they're in Canada? I think the problem is that they're keeping to much to the movie, where the US first opened the Stargate.
            Because it's made for an American audience.

Comment

I think it would be a bad idea for britain to build its own 304, it took us 750 million pounds to build wembley stadium and it was 4 years behind the intial schedule. I don't think the 304 would ever be finished and would probably bankrupt us.
              General Hammond "I thought the arm bands were meant to make them stronger, not stupid"

Comment

Originally posted by clwaurie View Post
                I think it would be a bad idea for britain to build its own 304, it took us 750 million pounds to build wembley stadium and it was 4 years behind the intial schedule. I don't think the 304 would ever be finished and would probably bankrupt us.
                Wembley is wasn't built by the government though was it?

Comment

I think it was built with public money.
                  General Hammond "I thought the arm bands were meant to make them stronger, not stupid"

Comment

i dont get why stargate likes russia so much. they can spend their money better. europe has money.the euro in real life is worth 1.5 dollars.
                    so europe could make a 304. easily. but as the USA doesnt want to share tech, i think they should split it up.
                    the hull and superstructure could be built in europe. it wouldnt be more expensive: the trinium and naquahdah would be given by america. the ship itself would be built in europe, as the alien and more important components[reactor, engines, hyperdrive, shield generator, etc] would be america made, and shipped to europe via asgard beams.
                    in europe, it would take off.

why are alien components more expensive? well you need multiple sorts of components, circuits, crystals, and other important stuff. and alot of companies, to prevent the leaking of the SGC programm.
                    the hull and superstructure would be relatively cheap, as it would be like building a normal ship.
                    [you could also do it other way round: build it in america as hull components are beamed over].

europe could instruct every country to build a different part, completely avoiding any suspicion.

Comment

and europe building the hull would also make them involved in the programm, without getting the advanced tech, something america wants

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                        This has got to be fake, right?
                        “Penelope”? It has to be a joke!
                        LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                          i dont get why stargate likes russia so much.
                          The answer to that question is very simple, they don't like them at all. The Russians are basically target practice for the enemy, they always die. "The Tomb" anyone? "Lockdown"? The Korolev lasted about 2 seconds.

I like the idea of a British/EU ship but it needs to have a better name than "Penelope", and for the love of god let it last at least half a season before blowing it up.
                          Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

I always wonder why they portray Russia as powerful as they do, as if they're some sort of rival to the US. I'm not sure if history went differently in the SG universe or it's just because of the ignorance of the writers...

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                              I always wonder why they portray Russia as powerful as they do, as if they're some sort of rival to the US. I'm not sure if history went differently in the SG universe or it's just because of the ignorance of the writers...
                              I don't think they're showing Russia to be powerful, just politically cunning. Russia owns the gate which gives then leverage, when they have nothing else. I liked the fact China was getting more of a role in S9 & 10, it reflects the current political climate.

But if I recall, the gate was revealed to the UN P5 in Disclosure... I think the gate and all off world ops, including fleets shoud be put under control of a new, secret United Nations organisation, thus bypassing the ridiculous problems it has in the current world with dictators having more say than they should, but becoming truely international instead of US with some outsight oversight. I would argue that it should simply be a UN P5 operation... with all battleships bearing the UN Crest as well as those military officers and other ranks serving.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                                I don't think they're showing Russia to be powerful, just politically cunning. Russia owns the gate which gives then leverage, when they have nothing else. I liked the fact China was getting more of a role in S9 & 10, it reflects the current political climate.

But if I recall, the gate was revealed to the UN P5 in Disclosure... I think the gate and all off world ops, including fleets shoud be put under control of a new, secret United Nations organisation, thus bypassing the ridiculous problems it has in the current world with dictators having more say than they should, but becoming truely international instead of US with some outsight oversight. I would argue that it should simply be a UN P5 operation... with all battleships bearing the UN Crest as well as those military officers and other ranks serving.
                                I agree. And, then, let's bring in the primary land force of each nation.For the US, this is the ARMY (not the Air Force, which has only one special forces infantry unit, which the SG teams aren't apart of).

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Working...
                                X