A Story of History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Story of History

O.k. so I started this a while back and am about 2 chapters through it. I am going to post the first segment of it, and see what everyone thinks. Please leave some feedback, so I know whether I am wasting my time or if I actually have a shred of talent, or an idea and can keep going! Thanks all!!

It's basically a story about the divide and differences that the Ancients and Ori faced, leading into the colonization of the Milkey Way and Pegasus.

Spoiler:
    Chapter One:
    The Arising Conflict

“What is a god?” stated a man walking around a table resembling the conference room in Atlantis but on a much larger scale.
    “Is it someone who is more powerful? Or that has a complete knowledge of science, philosophy? Or to be revered by ones less powerful. I submit to you that upon our rising to enlightenment that we shall be god’s by any meaning. We will have power of unimaginable limits, and understand the true nature of the universe. Why should we not have the lower beings worship us!”
    There was stammering amongst the crowd as the tall man with very plain beige looking outfit and a familiar looking staff with an oval in the top of a U embroidered into his shirt took his seat. A woman who was dressed in white placed her hands on the table and froze for a moment to gather her thoughts.
    “That is a good question. What is a god? Does anyone have a true definition? I believe that a god is one that does not interfere with those beneath them. They allow anyone to exert there free will, to choose any path that they wish to take, whether it be good or evil, or choose to study a path of enlightenment. To believe one to be a god because of power is foolish, to believe oneself to be a god because of knowledge, is unwise.”
    She held her hand out and a notebook from another council member flew into her hand.
    “Look at what I have just done. To someone that has not reached our level of evolution, this would look like magic, or an act of god. But such is not the case. I am no god, just a woman, with a better understanding of the science, farther along the evolutionary path. I am nothing more.”
    A different man, one that looked older than the rest and wiser by the twinkle in his eye rose from his seat slowly.
    “It seems that we are at a crossroad,” the man stated. “This debate has been going on now for millennia, and I see no end in sight. I wonder perhaps if it is even possible for a people that has been united for so long, and traveled along the same path for such a great distance to now separate peacefully, without conflict, and to respect each other for there philosophical differences.”
    “It would seem,” said a voice of a young man at the end of the horseshoe shaped table “that only time will tell that fate father.” There was a strange gleam in his eye and an almost condescending tone in his voice. What is it that he knows that his apparent father does not?
    You have already taken the first steps towards becoming.....The Fifth Race.
Working...
X