This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crossover idea.

i don't know if this is possible but i was thinking. What if SGA was to do a crossover with Eureka. The SGA team finds an advanced piece of tech. that not even McKay can understand. So they send it back to earth Landry ask if SG1 about where they can send it and Sam says she has an idea. later we see he out side of Sheriff Carters office. She walks in Jack is arguing with Zoe about where she is going to college. Sam pipes in and we find out that they are cousins, and she ask jack if he can get Stark to look at the piece of tech.
    sigpic

i do like eureka and SG but i cant see it happening, why would they send it to eureka when they send everything to Area 51

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the blackheart View Post
      i do like eureka and SG but i cant see it happening, why would they send it to eureka when they send everything to Area 51
      Maybe Area 51 is part of Global Dynamics (the "company" in Eureka). After all the alien tech the SGC has brought back, maybe GD is the main research facility now, with Area 51 given over to F-302 / BC-304 production?

And I like the idea that Sherif Carter and Sam are cousins! Hell, if we hadn't seen Sam's brother in "Seth", I would suggest that they were brother and sister!
      Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

Not a bad idea for a fanfic. Can't see it work as an actual episode though.

Comment

I agree i think it would make a great fan fic story.
          The 5th Race A StarGate Podcast
          The 5th Race Podcast RSS Feed
          The 5th Race Podcast iTunes Feed
          You can follow me on Twitter at www.twitter.com/jnolan
          You can follow me on Twitter at www.twitter.com/stargatepodcast

sigpic

Comment

The cousin thing applies to at least one more charachter, John Sheppard who I've seen in many stories as a cousin of Director Jenny Sheppard in NCIS.

Comment

What's this Eureka show about because I've never heard of it?

Is it any good?

I have an ideo for a crossover too.

I'd love honest opinion on this but could the worlds of Stargate and The Mummy come together because I think they'd fit together nicely.
              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChocolateLovingEntity View Post
                What's this Eureka show about because I've never heard of it?
                "Eureka" is a TV show (called "A Town Called Eureka" in the UK for some reason) about Sherif Jack Carter, the head of law enforcement in a secret town (Eureka) populated by the greatest scientific minds, who work to develop new advanced technologies. It's a quirky show, with the basic premise of scientists coming up with some new technology, it malfunctions / escapes / is used to commit crimes / etc, and it's down to the town's stupidist man (Sherif Carter, whose IQ is only 111) to investigate the bizarre crimes / events, work out who did it and why, and stop it before it gets out of hand (i.e. destroy the world)... all while dealing with the oddball characters who populate the town, many of whom have their own agendas.

Is it any good?
                Some people like it, and some don't, as with all TV. Try watching a few episodes and see for yourself. I recommend starting at the beginning, if you can: the pilot episode does a good job of introducing the characters and the backstory of the show.

I have an idea for a crossover too.

I'd love honest opinion on this but could the worlds of Stargate and The Mummy come together because I think they'd fit together nicely.
                Interesting idea. Might work as a fanfic. I always wanted to do an "Alias / SG-1" crossover, with Rambaldi revealed to have been an Ancient or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Calhoun View Post

Interesting idea. Might work as a fanfic. I always wanted to do an "Alias / SG-1" crossover, with Rambaldi revealed to have been an Ancient or something.

I loved Alias but the Rambaldi stuff I thought was pretty hit and miss because Sloanne kept looking for things with no clear goal, at least that I saw. And how could a guy so long ago have advanced tech / ideas?

Didn't we see him several times during the show too as still being alive kind of?

What was the big red ball they found in the first season? I read somewhere one of the Rambaldi artifacts wa a time machine??
                  Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I haven't seen much of 'Eureka' but it's okay. Not exactly my favourite show. The crossover I've been using that's produced my best fanfic yet is a Stargate/Halo crossover. It works really well. The only major thing I had to change was the year it's set in. Instead of 2552, it's 2010. But otherwise it's perfect. The Ancients and the Forerunners are so similar that the story practically writes itself.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChocolateLovingEntity View Post
                      I loved Alias but the Rambaldi stuff I thought was pretty hit and miss because Sloanne kept looking for things with no clear goal, at least that I saw. And how could a guy so long ago have advanced tech / ideas?
                      Hence, my idea that he was an Ancient.

Didn't we see him several times during the show too as still being alive kind of?
                      No... but there was a gentleman in the first season (a clock-maker, as I recall), an "expert" in century-old clock designs, and it's suggested that he did in fact know Rambaldi, and had been kept alive for centuries by some means as part of Rambaldi's master plan for Sydney. And I think later the last episode involved Rambaldi's tomb or some such, but not the dude himself.

What was the big red ball they found in the first season? I read somewhere one of the Rambaldi artifacts wa a time machine??
                      The "red ball" was the Mueller device (or "Clifford", as fans call it) was a ball of water designed to interact (badly) with people infected by a particular virus (and by "bad", I mean "really bad", as in, zombie attack bad... literally ). Click the link to wikipedia for further details.

Also, no Rambaldi device was a time machine, although the final episode featured a Mueller-esque device which gave the user immortality... with ironic consequences for a certain character from the show. Although, Rambaldi did have alarming good knowledge of the future; not just technologies, but he told the clockmaker the exact moment he had to stand up to save Sydney from being shot by Gina Torres' character (Anna, was it?), stuff like that, but the show never established exactly how Rambaldi knew all this.

Comment

Working...
                      X