Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Naonak View Post

... and the Pyroviles in 79 AD...
    And wasn't the Titanic crashing going to wipe out the planet...?

But never mind...
    ?

Those as well.... thats what a Harvey Wallbanger and a few glasses of wine does too ya
    A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
      The clips from Runaway Bride were okay, but better by far was the stuff that was re-worked from s3 and s4 stories: the helpless soldier with his solitary Atmos vehicle, the ubiquitous american newsreader announcing the adipose disaster, and all that.
      But why was there an adipose disaster? It was only supposed to be bad because they rushed it when the Doctor and Donna stuck their noses in.

Fangirl squee moment: The Cloister Bell rung!
      Yes!
      Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
      - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet View Post
        But why was there an adipose disaster? It was only supposed to be bad because they rushed it when the Doctor and Donna stuck their noses in.
        Maybe UNIT realised something was up and got in the way. Or Torchwood. Then Matron acelerated the process and they failed to stop it.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
          Nice episode, CT's performance was good. As for Rose, what happened to her voice? She sounded odd and her accent was fluctuating. :/

The trailer for next week was very interesting. I've included some screencaps from the trailer.
          i removed the attachments since they are spoilers and there's no way to spoiler tag attachment thumbnails
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Wonderful episode. RTD still has it!

I loved seeing Rose again, I am glad she was not with The Doctor, as it made her appearance much better then relegating it to shippy nonsense IMHO of course. She came off as smart and not a one dimensional 'crush' as I was worried she might. Billie didn't have a lot to do really in the eppy but she did what she did very well.

CT was just mind blowing! Her acting was spot on in all her scenes, she was just wonderful. No over acting, her subtle reactions in those moments that needed them and her ballsy delivery of those lines in the office were true to her character and show CT to be a dam good actor. 10/10 for her performance.

I do love tales of 'what if' and within a show that trades on time travel I am actually surprised Doctor Who hasn't done more of these 'what if' episodes.

Yes there were plot holes, and I am not even sure I know what all of them are but I think some of the stuff around Torchwood (or SJ adventures) would have happened as well but they were not shown. Just on Doctor Who... I mean seriously the guy has saved the world... a lot! There must be loads of things, tiny things that changed when Donna turned right (I love that... all evil is to the right ) after the bug attached to her, things that they couldn't fit or tell in the space of one episode. You could seriously do a whole series on that alone. Specials anyone?

I am wondering now if *spoilers Torchwood/Doctor Who*
            Spoiler:
            this is what Jack's boss in Torchwood saw before he committed suicide, the things that are about to happen on Earth and in the Universe/s?

Also why I am spoil tagging... SQUEE! Ianto, Gwen and Jack! In Doctor Who! Whee!!!!

I loved the cloister bell too! Great stuff all round and the next couple of eps are looking like they could be instant classics.

Who says I don't love Doctor Who?

Comment

my theory: the medusa cascade opened
              Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
              sigpic

Comment

*iz ded from awesome*

Wow, what a FANTASTIC ep! The hiccups didn't bother me as I was too enamored of the wonderful performance given by CT. People can dis her all they want, I think she's GREAT and as far as I'm concerned this ep proved it. Wow! The creepy "something on your back" thing is making my neck itchy. LOL!

You always wonder (or I always did anyway) what would happen if certain decisions had gone the other way and it was great to get a peek at how things could have gone if Donna hadn't been around. I do wonder at the hints of her being something more, though. Is that just Rose's influence or is there really something more to Donna than meets the eye?

That's the second time Rose has been there for someone committing world-saving suicide by walking in front of a car. Remind me not to get to know her.

Speaking of... I have to say that as much as I was loathing Rose's return I've liked the way she's been used this season- those little background moments and then popping up everywhere in this ep. Was she using the cobbled-together time machine or was something else pulling her along? Maybe even Donna herself? That could be interesting. Hopefully we'll find out next week.

Creepy about everyone dying. Sarah Jane and company dying with Martha in the hospital, Jack and company dying to stop the Sontarans. Well, Gwen and Ianto dying, anyway. Jack was sent to the Sontar homeworld, but the immortality thing probably worked against him rather than for him.

Torchwood finale (just in case):
                Spoiler:
                Given that there was no mention of Tosh and Owen does that mean that the Atmos attack took place after the Torchwood finale?

I guess this ep also answers the question of what happens to the TARDIS if the Doctor dies. Well, sort of.

As for the preview...

Spoiler:
                Double crossover! Yay! Torchwood, Sarah Jane, and the Doctor, together in one show! *squees* The Daleks need to be retired for a good long while, but other than that it looks like the ep could be every bit as awesome as this one was. Hopefully more.

Comment

What was that ep from when I were a lass when those guys had those huge spiders on their backs? I was thinking it might be one of them. The beetle was faintly ridiculous to me.

But I absolutely loved that ep, and it had the Gruesomes absolutely enthralled.
                  In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger View Post
                    What was that ep from when I were a lass when those guys had those huge spiders on their backs? I was thinking it might be one of them. The beetle was faintly ridiculous to me.
                    I had the same problem I had with the vespiform. Why did the trickster look so precisely like a terrestrial beetle, just big? Still, it was a small problem and mostly outweighed by the sheer creepiness of the way it kept trying to eat her hair when it was visible and the reactions of other characters when it was invisible.

Absolutely agree with all the good things said about CT, and I really loved seeing the Donna who never changed and remained the same self-absorbed woman who never noticed the Cyberinvasion. Bernard Cribbins was also awesome, proving his chops as more than just a comic actor, especially in that scene where the Italian family are being taken away.

Actually, that scene was just made of win, with the Italian father still trying to put on a brave face for everyone and Donna finally getting a clue as to what was really going on.

Yeah, I liked this one. Although what was going on with Billie Piper's voice? Has she had work done (badly) on her teeth or something?
                    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

OMDFG. Loved this episode to bits.
                      What did RTD say last year about the run of dark episodes, remind me?

Catherine Tate was absolutely wonderful and brilliant and mind blowing. As were Bernard Cribbins and the one playing her mother... The whole setting of the world falling apart without the Doctor was so cruel... sniff. And everyone dying one by one. -speaking of which, did anyone manage to catch how the sarah Jane kids died? Donna and Sylvia were talking about tea over it, I jsut caught they died, hehe.
                      And I don't mind the plot holes about the Pyroviles etc because the episode was good enough to be forgiven
                      I really liked Rose giving off Doctor techno babble and the UNIT people's reaction. It was good to see her... she makes a great mystery woman, haha.

OH, and SQUEEE! at the whole last minutes with the Bad Wolf adn cloister bells! Loved DT's expression when he heard Bad Wolf.

Bring on next week!!

speaking of which...
                      Spoiler:
                      Doctor Donna Rose MArtha Jack Gwen Ianto Sarah-Jane Luke (and Mickey and Jackie who weren't in the trailer) SQUEEEEEEEEEE! They really are bringing the entire universe adn their wife for this series finale, aren't they?
                      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                      Yes, I am!
                      sigpic
                      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

But I absolutely loved that ep, and it had the Gruesomes absolutely enthralled.
                        Planet of the Spiders?

Originally posted by Mr Prophet View Post
                        I had the same problem I had with the vespiform. Why did the trickster look so precisely like a terrestrial beetle, just big? Still, it was a small problem and mostly outweighed by the sheer creepiness of the way it kept trying to eat her hair when it was visible and the reactions of other characters when it was invisible.

Absolutely agree with all the good things said about CT, and I really loved seeing the Donna who never changed and remained the same self-absorbed woman who never noticed the Cyberinvasion. Bernard Cribbins was also awesome, proving his chops as more than just a comic actor, especially in that scene where the Italian family are being taken away.

Actually, that scene was just made of win, with the Italian father still trying to put on a brave face for everyone and Donna finally getting a clue as to what was really going on.

Yeah, I liked this one. Although what was going on with Billie Piper's voice? Has she had work done (badly) on her teeth or something?
                        I think Billie Piper's lost a lot of weight, she's definitly skinnier here than she was in Series 1 & 2 and it shows in her face, making her teeth stick out a bit more IMO, or for some bizzare reason they made her wear Harry Enfield's Tim-Nice-But-Dim teeth

Comment

:flails: Holy phaser, Batman! That was fantastic!!!!!!!!! I LOVED this episode so much and the preview for next weeks SQUEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

I love "What if stories and this one was fantastic. I already started squeeing when I saw Billie in the credits =) The world without the doctor. This story was so not for a newbie for the series- not even for someone who started watching with the fourth series because it starts with the X-Mas Special from the second series and goes from there. What if Donna wasn't there to help the doctor. A doctor who was in a deep dark pit of despair gives up and decides not to regenerate basically commits suicide and the world without the doctor is terrible - a complete nightmare. Martha was killed and not the doctor was there in the hospital but Sarah Jane (who looked gorgeous in the shot shown in the news section) who also didn't make it. London was nuked and the Adipose took over the US and Torchwood had to save the world from the Sontarans. Without the doctor no one lives but everyone dies and then BAD WOLF !!!!!!!! Plus the preview. Jack holding Ianto, Sarah Jane is there, Rose is back, Martha :hugs: and...oh yeah and Gwen was there too -_- To have all the Who series combined in one series is beyond cool!

Something about Billie - what was wrong with her teeth. In some scenes she had some serious trouble speaking properly. Was that intentional or did she have a recent root canal treatment? It was weird and she looked rather drawn. She said in an interview that she has some problems again with her eating disorder and it showed. She has lost a lot of weight and not in a good way

GREAT just GREAT!!!!!
                          He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                          He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                          And he's wonderful.

Comment

Isn't she pregnant? Not that it would affect her teeth, but that was really really irritating.

Reefie, no idea what ep it was with the spiders - but wasn't it the last eps with John Pertwee?
                            In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Rose is on the warpath. Tally-ho!
                              scarimor

Comment

Isn't she pregnant? Not that it would affect her teeth, but that was really really irritating.

Reefie, no idea what ep it was with the spiders - but wasn't it the last eps with John Pertwee?
                                Is this the one you were thinking of MC? http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/class...s/detail.shtml

I agree with you about the teeth, Rose-Nice-But-Dim

Comment

Working...
                                X