• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn Left (3011/411)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO SERIES 30
    TURN LEFT
    EPISODE NUMBER - 3011

Under the influence of an alien creature, Donna is thrust into an alternate life where she never met the Doctor -- and where the Doctor was not around to save the Earth.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 10 April 2011, 03:51 PM.

Wicked episode
    I liked the beginning bit with the fortune teller trying to get Donna to turn right to change her past and then the bug grabbing her. I also liked the creepiness of how some people could see the bug for a bit and some couldnt
    Nice to see how Donnas life turned out if she didnt meet the doctor and how the world might turn out without the doctor
    I dont really care that there were some plot holes because I didnt really think of them while watching the episode
    Good to see some of Doctors friends saving the world from dangers, Sarah-Jane defeating the Plasmavore and Jack, Gwen and Ianto defeating the Sontarans.
    Rose is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Episode score - 11/10
    Bit at end with
    Spoiler:
    Everything around the Doctor turning to Bad Wolf, even his own Tardis. Then when he was like, Its the End Of the Universe...

Next week looks wicked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Spoiler:
    Davros will be in it!
    Daleks definately in it!
    Torchwood stars in it, Jack, Martha, Rose, Mickey, Jackie and Sarah Jane plus her adopted son Luke are in it too with K9 hopefully and those intergalactic police (Judoon)
    Will the Master be in it. Anyone got any ideas???
    Lots of Dalek Spaceships

W00t First post
    Last edited by Teddybrown; 01 July 2008, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Frakking AWESOME...... though a few plot holes.... Earth would of been conquered by the Carrionites in Elizabethan times, and by the Daleks in the 1920s....

And I shall post more of my thoughts when I have watched it again.... but wow the end BAD WOLF
      A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Bloody hellfire that was some episode and not bad for a 'Doctor lite' one, Catherine Tate was unbelievably good in this one, shades of the old Donna from Runaway Bride, especially the bit where she got the sack and the 'New' Donna when she and Wilf realised where they army were taking the other residents of the house. Bernard Cribbins was spectacular in that scene, showing us there is a lot more to Gramps than just a few lines here and there, I'm warming to Sylvia a bit more now as well. It was interesting to see what happened to the world when the Doctor wasn't there to save it but how his past companions stepped in to take his place, Sarah-Jane defeating the Plasmavore and Jack, Gwen and Ianto defeating the Sontarans. I wasn't expecting the 'Bad Wolf' twist and the Cloister Bell ringing, that is definitly bad news.

Next week

Spoiler:
        I can't bloody wait and I'm working too
        Sarah-Jane and Luke
        Jack, Ianto and Gwen
        Harriet Jones
        and, was that Sandra Dickinson with the Judoon?

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
          Next week

Spoiler:
          I can't bloody wait and I'm working too
          Sarah-Jane and Luke
          Jack, Ianto and Gwen
          Harriet Jones
          and, was that Sandra Dickinson with the Judoon?
          Spoiler:
          Davros will be in it I think

Comment

That was an amazing and completely original episode. I wonder if the Master story arc will be resolved in the next episode?
            "You don't know half of it".
            Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
            (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
              Spoiler:
              Spoiler:
              Probably in the last scene

Comment

Oh hell that was worth a watch just for the last 2 minutes.

It was a fantastic story though. Cathrine Tate really showed her acting ability here. As well as Billie Piper. I really loved how they got on with eachother.
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Catherine Tate is rather catching up with DT in the acting stakes. She made this week's eposide so good I forgot I was supposed to be watching a show starring someone else.

The 'thing' on her back was a weird and original idea - certain people being able to half-see it made it really creepy.

The clips from Runaway Bride were okay, but better by far was the stuff that was re-worked from s3 and s4 stories: the helpless soldier with his solitary Atmos vehicle, the ubiquitous american newsreader announcing the adipose disaster, and all that.

Fangirl squee moment: The Cloister Bell rung!

Madeleine

Comment

Spoiler:

Whose are all the spaceships???
                    Spoiler:
                    They are Dalek saucers last seen in Bad Wolf and The Parting of the Ways. Liked the brief shot of a Dalek entering the Torchwood hub, either that or they've got onto Deep Space Nine

Spoiler:
                    Probably the source of the laugh at the end of the trailer for next week.

Also shown in the trailer
                    Spoiler:
                    new type of Dalek, a red one with various differences in design.

Comment

Did anyone else feel that huge moment of anticipation when the Doctor was waiting to hear the two words Rose told Donna? I mean it just felt like we were right with the Doctor at that point and then When she said Bad Wolf and the music started it was like you felt the same thing as the doctor all the way through up to when he ran into the TARDIS.

I also loved hearing the Cloister bell again. we don't it hear it enough me thinks.
                      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

1. Creepy enough start - you have to wonder who hired the Trickster!

2. The twists on all of the S3 and 4 Who episodes was also freaky. The hospital dissapearance got people's attention, but it also saw off Martha!

The Titanic wiped out London and sent the whole of the UK out of whack!!!!!

And just when the UK was about to be bailed out by the Yanks, the Adipose hits Stateside!

3. I did like how Rose was used here though.

4. But what/who the hell would be turning out the stars like that.

Next week is going to be one hell of a blowout!
                        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Nice episode, CT's performance was good. As for Rose, what happened to her voice? She sounded odd and her accent was fluctuating. :/

The trailer for next week was very interesting. I've included some screencaps from the trailer.
                          Last edited by Skydiver; 21 June 2008, 04:33 PM.
                          Signed,

Gregorius
                          Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                          Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

next weeks looks brillant... i won't be able to see it until sunday as going to a concert

tonight's one 10 out of 10
                            sigpic

Comment

I wasn't as awed as some people, but it was a decent episode. Some scenes were excellent - the other family being taken away, and the final Donna/Rose scene particularly.

It was interesting to see how screwed the world got because the Doctor died. Although... is the whole "too fast for him to regenerate" thing some kind of established part of regeneration, or just something they came up with now to allow this plot to work...?

The stars going out, while damned cool, does seem a little scientifically dodgy...

The last scene was epic.
                              Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
                              Frakking AWESOME...... though a few plot holes.... Earth would of been conquered by the Carrionites in Elizabethan times, and by the Daleks in the 1920s....
                              ... and the Pyroviles in 79 AD...
                              And wasn't the Titanic crashing going to wipe out the planet...?

But never mind...
                              Originally posted by GodAtum
                              I wonder if the Master story arc will be resolved in the next episode?
                              What's that got to do with it...?

Comment

Working...
                              X