Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Post Turn Left (3011/411)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO SERIES 30
    TURN LEFT
    EPISODE NUMBER - 3011

Under the influence of an alien creature, Donna is thrust into an alternate life where she never met the Doctor -- and where the Doctor was not around to save the Earth.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; April 10th, 2011 at 03:51 PM.

Default Re: Turn Left (3011/411)

Wicked episode
    I liked the beginning bit with the fortune teller trying to get Donna to turn right to change her past and then the bug grabbing her. I also liked the creepiness of how some people could see the bug for a bit and some couldnt
    Nice to see how Donnas life turned out if she didnt meet the doctor and how the world might turn out without the doctor
    I dont really care that there were some plot holes because I didnt really think of them while watching the episode
    Good to see some of Doctors friends saving the world from dangers, Sarah-Jane defeating the Plasmavore and Jack, Gwen and Ianto defeating the Sontarans.
    Rose is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Episode score - 11/10
    Bit at end with
    Spoiler:
    Everything around the Doctor turning to Bad Wolf, even his own Tardis. Then when he was like, Its the End Of the Universe...

Next week looks wicked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Spoiler:
    Davros will be in it!
    Daleks definately in it!
    Torchwood stars in it, Jack, Martha, Rose, Mickey, Jackie and Sarah Jane plus her adopted son Luke are in it too with K9 hopefully and those intergalactic police (Judoon)
    Will the Master be in it. Anyone got any ideas???
    Lots of Dalek Spaceships

W00t First post
    Last edited by Teddybrown; July 1st, 2008 at 12:42 PM.

He Who Burns At The Center Of Time The_Carpenter's Avatar

Frakking AWESOME...... though a few plot holes.... Earth would of been conquered by the Carrionites in Elizabethan times, and by the Daleks in the 1920s....

And I shall post more of my thoughts when I have watched it again.... but wow the end BAD WOLF
    A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Bloody hellfire that was some episode and not bad for a 'Doctor lite' one, Catherine Tate was unbelievably good in this one, shades of the old Donna from Runaway Bride, especially the bit where she got the sack and the 'New' Donna when she and Wilf realised where they army were taking the other residents of the house. Bernard Cribbins was spectacular in that scene, showing us there is a lot more to Gramps than just a few lines here and there, I'm warming to Sylvia a bit more now as well. It was interesting to see what happened to the world when the Doctor wasn't there to save it but how his past companions stepped in to take his place, Sarah-Jane defeating the Plasmavore and Jack, Gwen and Ianto defeating the Sontarans. I wasn't expecting the 'Bad Wolf' twist and the Cloister Bell ringing, that is definitly bad news.

Next week

Spoiler:
    I can't bloody wait and I'm working too
    Sarah-Jane and Luke
    Jack, Ianto and Gwen
    Harriet Jones
    and, was that Sandra Dickinson with the Judoon?

Quote Originally Posted by Reefgirl View Post
    Next week

Spoiler:
    I can't bloody wait and I'm working too
    Sarah-Jane and Luke
    Jack, Ianto and Gwen
    Harriet Jones
    and, was that Sandra Dickinson with the Judoon?
    Spoiler:
    Davros will be in it I think

That was an amazing and completely original episode. I wonder if the Master story arc will be resolved in the next episode?
    "You don't know half of it".
    Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
    (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

http://www.forumpedia.com/style_imag...ext3420557.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Teddybrown View Post
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Probably in the last scene

Oh hell that was worth a watch just for the last 2 minutes.

It was a fantastic story though. Cathrine Tate really showed her acting ability here. As well as Billie Piper. I really loved how they got on with eachother.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Catherine Tate is rather catching up with DT in the acting stakes. She made this week's eposide so good I forgot I was supposed to be watching a show starring someone else.

The 'thing' on her back was a weird and original idea - certain people being able to half-see it made it really creepy.

The clips from Runaway Bride were okay, but better by far was the stuff that was re-worked from s3 and s4 stories: the helpless soldier with his solitary Atmos vehicle, the ubiquitous american newsreader announcing the adipose disaster, and all that.

Fangirl squee moment: The Cloister Bell rung!

Madeleine

Spoiler:

Whose are all the spaceships???
    Spoiler:
    They are Dalek saucers last seen in Bad Wolf and The Parting of the Ways. Liked the brief shot of a Dalek entering the Torchwood hub, either that or they've got onto Deep Space Nine

Spoiler:
    Probably the source of the laugh at the end of the trailer for next week.

Also shown in the trailer
    Spoiler:
    new type of Dalek, a red one with various differences in design.

Did anyone else feel that huge moment of anticipation when the Doctor was waiting to hear the two words Rose told Donna? I mean it just felt like we were right with the Doctor at that point and then When she said Bad Wolf and the music started it was like you felt the same thing as the doctor all the way through up to when he ran into the TARDIS.

I also loved hearing the Cloister bell again. we don't it hear it enough me thinks.

1. Creepy enough start - you have to wonder who hired the Trickster!

2. The twists on all of the S3 and 4 Who episodes was also freaky. The hospital dissapearance got people's attention, but it also saw off Martha!

The Titanic wiped out London and sent the whole of the UK out of whack!!!!!

And just when the UK was about to be bailed out by the Yanks, the Adipose hits Stateside!

3. I did like how Rose was used here though.

4. But what/who the hell would be turning out the stars like that.

Next week is going to be one hell of a blowout!

Nice episode, CT's performance was good. As for Rose, what happened to her voice? She sounded odd and her accent was fluctuating. :/

The trailer for next week was very interesting. I've included some screencaps from the trailer.
    Last edited by Skydiver; June 21st, 2008 at 04:33 PM.
    Signed,

Gregorius
    Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
    Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Second Lieutenant Sheppard little minx's Avatar

next weeks looks brillant... i won't be able to see it until sunday as going to a concert

tonight's one 10 out of 10
    http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff222/daviddrwhofan/SheppardSig.jpg

I wasn't as awed as some people, but it was a decent episode. Some scenes were excellent - the other family being taken away, and the final Donna/Rose scene particularly.

It was interesting to see how screwed the world got because the Doctor died. Although... is the whole "too fast for him to regenerate" thing some kind of established part of regeneration, or just something they came up with now to allow this plot to work...?

The stars going out, while damned cool, does seem a little scientifically dodgy...

The last scene was epic.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Carpenter View Post
    Frakking AWESOME...... though a few plot holes.... Earth would of been conquered by the Carrionites in Elizabethan times, and by the Daleks in the 1920s....
    ... and the Pyroviles in 79 AD...
    And wasn't the Titanic crashing going to wipe out the planet...?

But never mind...
    Quote Originally Posted by GodAtum
    I wonder if the Master story arc will be resolved in the next episode?
    What's that got to do with it...?

He Who Burns At The Center Of Time The_Carpenter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Naonak View Post

... and the Pyroviles in 79 AD...
    And wasn't the Titanic crashing going to wipe out the planet...?

But never mind...
    ?

Those as well.... thats what a Harvey Wallbanger and a few glasses of wine does too ya
    A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine_W View Post
    The clips from Runaway Bride were okay, but better by far was the stuff that was re-worked from s3 and s4 stories: the helpless soldier with his solitary Atmos vehicle, the ubiquitous american newsreader announcing the adipose disaster, and all that.
    But why was there an adipose disaster? It was only supposed to be bad because they rushed it when the Doctor and Donna stuck their noses in.

Fangirl squee moment: The Cloister Bell rung!
    Yes!
    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Prophet View Post
    But why was there an adipose disaster? It was only supposed to be bad because they rushed it when the Doctor and Donna stuck their noses in.
    Maybe UNIT realised something was up and got in the way. Or Torchwood. Then Matron acelerated the process and they failed to stop it.

You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

Quote Originally Posted by Gregorius View Post
    Nice episode, CT's performance was good. As for Rose, what happened to her voice? She sounded odd and her accent was fluctuating. :/

The trailer for next week was very interesting. I've included some screencaps from the trailer.
    i removed the attachments since they are spoilers and there's no way to spoiler tag attachment thumbnails

Wonderful episode. RTD still has it!

I loved seeing Rose again, I am glad she was not with The Doctor, as it made her appearance much better then relegating it to shippy nonsense IMHO of course. She came off as smart and not a one dimensional 'crush' as I was worried she might. Billie didn't have a lot to do really in the eppy but she did what she did very well.

CT was just mind blowing! Her acting was spot on in all her scenes, she was just wonderful. No over acting, her subtle reactions in those moments that needed them and her ballsy delivery of those lines in the office were true to her character and show CT to be a dam good actor. 10/10 for her performance.

I do love tales of 'what if' and within a show that trades on time travel I am actually surprised Doctor Who hasn't done more of these 'what if' episodes.

Yes there were plot holes, and I am not even sure I know what all of them are but I think some of the stuff around Torchwood (or SJ adventures) would have happened as well but they were not shown. Just on Doctor Who... I mean seriously the guy has saved the world... a lot! There must be loads of things, tiny things that changed when Donna turned right (I love that... all evil is to the right ) after the bug attached to her, things that they couldn't fit or tell in the space of one episode. You could seriously do a whole series on that alone. Specials anyone?

I am wondering now if *spoilers Torchwood/Doctor Who*
    Spoiler:
    this is what Jack's boss in Torchwood saw before he committed suicide, the things that are about to happen on Earth and in the Universe/s?

Also why I am spoil tagging... SQUEE! Ianto, Gwen and Jack! In Doctor Who! Whee!!!!

I loved the cloister bell too! Great stuff all round and the next couple of eps are looking like they could be instant classics.

Who says I don't love Doctor Who?