No announcement yet.

Forest of the Dead (3009/409)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This has to be one of my all time fave eps!!! it jarred me to the core.

I could have strangled Moffat for the scene when Lee is 'bout to be beamed off and he sees Donna and then the stutter ... i was ... well .... angst!!! OH MY!!!

love the scene where Donna and the Dr. are discussing if they are alright .... is alright really doctor language for not alright ... to paraphrase!! it was brilliant ... and then he takes her hand.

*sigh* i miss tennant!!

his face when he knows he can save River!!!

and Alex ... she is a amazing as River!! i want much more of her.

teehee!!

moffat = brilliant love to hate
    sigpic
    SCORE!!
    The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

I just finished watching Silence in the Library & Forest of the Dead for the first time in a long while. Watching this again, especially after having seen everything that happens in series 5 & 6, has made me appreciate her character in new ways.

When I first watched this episode, it was more along the POV of the Tenth Doctor, who didn't know her yet--and neither did the audience.

But now, having seen River and her backstory brought to the foreground in future seasons, her heartbreak at the Doctor not recognizing her in this two-parter really comes off as genuine to me. I think Alex Kingston did a fantastic job.

And that last sequence, when the Doctor finds out how to save her, everything was just brilliant: The acting, the shots, and especially the music. Absolutely brilliant.
      sigpic

Comment

One of my favourite episodes.
        sigpic
        Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Specter View Post
          Was any one else reminded of the timelord matrix?

There was an awful lot of similarity's between the libary data core and that particular piece of collective timelord knowledge.

As for his name he said "only one time I could (tell anyone)". There are two things that people can only do once in their life, be born, and die (physical condition before regeneration not counted). Since she never seen him any younger; and I doubt he would write his name on a tomb for the universe to see; she must have been with him at the end of his last regeneration.

In conclusion his name is Earl.

Why would it matter? He is dead why would it matter if his name is on a tomb?

And I personally think he told her just before heading for the singing towers as that was in my imagination a one way mission and he possibly died there alone..
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

One of my favorite episodes
            no means no, and so does pepper spray
            Sig by The Carpenter
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
              "Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I liked, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor and you're in the biggest library in the Universe. Look me up."

don't make the Doctor angry!
              My favorite line of this episode. The 10th Doctor is really growing on me, I didn't like him at first, as I felt he was too silly. The arrogance I can live with. Very good double parter, and I can't wait to see more of River Song...
              sigpic

Comment

It has been a long time since I have seen this and wow, Alex Kingston did a great Job for her first appearence. After knowing the whole story I also agree, the Heartbreak that she showed at realizing this is the last time she will ever see him was genuine. I kept thinking of that Time with Rory when she cried about the thought that this Day will come.I would have wished a better end for her.
                Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Working...
                X