This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis' Shields vs Kawoosh

O.k. so if Atlantis with its inpeneterable shield was in front of a supergates kawoosh, would it breach the shield and destroy Atlantis, or would the shields hold back the what we think is an unstoppable force?
    You have already taken the first steps towards becoming.....The Fifth Race.

The Kawoosh would just go through, because it disintegrates matter or energy at a molecular level, and if it could even transport someone who is out of phase, it could possibly harm one too.
    Kawoosh - 1
    Atlantis - 0

Comment

Kawoosh owns everything, no shield can defend against it, it is the ultimate weapon...

Comment

Sorry guys, the logic is flawed. Atlantis' own gate has a shield that acts like an Iris. The shield can even supress the Kawoosh. I'm sure properly calibrated, Atlantis' shields could do the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by AncientOne View Post
          Sorry guys, the logic is flawed. Atlantis' own gate has a shield that acts like an Iris. The shield can even supress the Kawoosh. I'm sure properly calibrated, Atlantis' shields could do the same thing.
          No the logic is not flawed, the shield works like the Earth iris. It is placed so close to the event horizon of the wormhole that the kawoosh is unable to form. I am not talking about that, I am saying if the kawoosh came out full force, and hit Atlantis' shields what would happen?
          You have already taken the first steps towards becoming.....The Fifth Race.

Comment

If the shield wasn't in the same place as the iris or iris shield, then the kawoosh would punch a hole through it and then Atlantis....

The kawoosh seems to be an area of space in which the laws of physics temporarily break down and it consumes anything within its radius energy or matter and that would include a shield.
            Nu ani Anquietas :: We are the Ancients, well some of us

Comment

Originally posted by AncientOne View Post
              Actually your logic is flawed, first you should understand how the kawoosh functions and then how the iris works because the Atlantis gate shield works just like the iris, as i said kawoosh owns everything.

Comment

The Atlantis shield's would hold against it. if the ancients could design a shield that can prevent the kawoosh, it won't do anything to the shields

Comment

The position of the shield in relation to the stargate and the forming wormhole might have something to do with its ability to survive [or maybe it's really impenetrable], just like Earth's iris and its wonderful ability to stay intact in the face of wormhole formation.

I figure the Atlantis shields should hold up against a single stargate kawoosh. They survived years of Wraith blasts. Ori shields wouldn't stand up to a supergate kawoosh, however. I'd say Atlantis would fall victim to a supergate kawoosh, too.
                  Last edited by nx01a; 23 April 2008, 04:18 PM.
                  sigpic
                  More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                    The position of the shield in relation to the stargate and the forming wormhole might have something to do with its ability to survive [or maybe it's really impenetrable], just like Earth's iris and its wonderful ability to stay intact in the face of wormhole formation.

I figure the Atlantis shields should hold up against a single stargate kawoosh. They survived years of Wraith blasts. Ori shields wouldn't stand up to a supergate kawoosh, however. I'd say Atlantis wold fall victim to a supergate kawoosh, too.
                    I dont think thats correct, the kawoosh destroys enything it touches, no physical thing can hold it back.

The soupergate kawoosh isnt anymore powerful than the normal gate kawoosh, its just massive, so the smaller gate would just prick a small hole in the shield
                    Perhaps Puff

Comment

kawoosh wins this one. it worked against the ori earrings' shields, very likely it will also pass through the ancient cityshields as well

Comment

we don't know if that ori warship had it's shields raised. (as least I don't remember seeing any indication of it's shields being online)

Comment

Originally posted by nich959 View Post
                          I dont think thats correct, the kawoosh destroys enything it touches, no physical thing can hold it back.

The soupergate kawoosh isnt anymore powerful than the normal gate kawoosh, its just massive, so the smaller gate would just prick a small hole in the shield
                          We see the iris and gate shield stand up to them all the time, every time a wormhole opens while the respective barriers are engaged. Does the kawoosh not form for some reason with the iris or shield in place?
                          Last edited by nx01a; 23 April 2008, 04:22 PM.
                          sigpic
                          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Melak View Post
                            we don't know if that ori warship had it's shields raised. (as least I don't remember seeing any indication of it's shields being online)
                            They detected a hostile and were about to fire. I'd hope their shields were up. I think the only time we've seen an Ori ship without the shields up was when Adria's ship landed.
                            sigpic
                            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                              We see the iris and gate shield stand up to them all the time, every time a wormhole opens while the respective barriers are engaged. Does the kawoosh not form for some reason with the iris or shield in place?
                              Nope, as said in previous posts and many a stargate episode, the iris and shield are that close to the event horizon that the 'kawoosh' doesnt even form.

Comment

Working...
                              X