Another Time Travel Story...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Time Travel Story...

I am sitting here at work when I should be working, but I am reading gateworld. Go figure. Anyway I just go to thinking about a possible story idea:

While the premise is time travel, (I know, I know but don't knock it until you read it) I think you could put a different spin on it. Have the atlantis team get into some kind of mess where they are in a puddle jumper or some craft that is possible of time travel, and have it go haywire. The team ends up say 10,000 years ago, or maybe earlier, depending on how much of the story you could tell.

Now what makes this different is that the team should take the opportunity to try and undo some of the horrible things that they know will come to be, like the emergence of the wraith as a species. While they do everything they can to undo it, what they don't realize is that in trying to prevent it they are the one that caused the problem, then have them continue to jump forward in time to different critical points in the history between the wraith and the ancients, and maybe the replicators.

Each time the team tries to stop whatever it is that is happening, they end up causing the very problem they were trying to stop.

I kind of got the idea from watching prophecies of SG1 where Jonas gets prophetic abilities, but made it into a time travel story with a bit of a twist.

There is alot that could be covered, like the emergenece of the wraith, the replicators, the war, different ancient experiments, ascension, etc.

So I would like to hear what else you guys think they could cover in a story like this, and if you like the idea? Or if you think that it would be another boring time travel story. Thanks all!!
    You have already taken the first steps towards becoming.....The Fifth Race.

I think it is a very interesting idea, but I don't think it could be done in the Stargate mythos. It is too well established that the SGC already knows about the dangers of interfering with the timeline. Now if you wanted to write a novel about some folks that don't already know that, time travel newbies, as it were...

Comment

Working...
    X