Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There's No Place Like Home, Part 1 (412)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's No Place Like Home, Part 1 (412)

Visit the Episode GuideLOST SEASON FOUR
    THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME, PART 1
    EPISODE NUMBER - 412

As the evacuation begins, Jack and Kate pursue the soldiers who have come to destroy the island. Locke, Ben, and Hurley head for the Orchid station. And in the near future, the Oceanic Six return home to new lives and a media frenzy.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 23 May 2008, 09:41 PM.

finally! I thought the ep was ok. obviously part 2 and 3 will be even bigger but this one was pretty cool imo. the Oceanic Six are revealed, we already knew that. they start transferring people to the boat. three different groups will eventually meet at the Orchid: Jack, Sayid, Kate and Ben, Locke, Hurley and of course Keamy and this team. what's Ben up to? he said he had a plan... Claire's mom finally tells Jack about his sister. anything else? ooh yeah the boat and the C4!
    Spoiler:
    IIRC spoilers suggest that someone will die in the next two eps, could it be Michael, Jin or Desmond?
    anyway I'm looking forward to the final two eps
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

This a pretty good episode.
      It seems all the story threads this season are coming to together. Orchid gonna be revealed. We get to see the others leave the island. I am thinking Jin and Aaren will get a other boat back to the island by themselfs. As they seal away will the boat explode. We seem to of been introduce to the beginning of events which take place in the flash forwards.

I thought Jin buying half the company was interesting, I am guest that may of been part of the deal for them to get of the island, they get anything they want in return they have to keep their mouths shut and stick to the cover story. This is the only way I foresee away of any sort of settlement money being big enough to buy half of a multi billion pound company.

Or perhaps she somehow stole the money from the company, that whole discussion of about a bank transfers and being sent through five separate banks, it seem like the creators wanted to hear that so I guest that somehow will relate to that particular story line.

What ever happens we now have two very very rich survivors on hand to fund any expedition back to the island. Okay one in a mental institution, but hey minor details huh.

Whole and the bomb and interference set up, was interesting, it seem as if keamy (love that name) did not want the boat coming anywhere near the island. I suspect their plan B is to move the island themselves, countering what is ben and Jakub plan, instead it will be move to the location they want, and where their is heavy reinforcements waiting, which would explain why Ben flees the island.

We seem to have gotten the flash forward time line now, roughly anyway. Through confuse who going to be in the coffin. I would not be surprise if the producer just ended it up being one Jack old school buddies and nothing to do with the story line.

And anyone else think the photograph of them coming to the rescue island look fake. I mean most people in that part of the world, surly could not afford a camera, and the photo just seem to professional.
      And love the way the reporter asked how they all look so healthy.

Through the point when kate was pregnant why on the plane, I mean seriously do not you have to tell the airline about that, I mean insurance and all that, surly it would be in the records somewhere that she was pregnant. And would not that be a good defense against extradition, not safe for her to travel.
      You know these are some questions I would love the reporters to have asked. Their just seem way to many questions the reporter could asked and yet did not. I wonder if we gonna get the report who does not believe the cover up story line next season.

Well that my rather muddle view of the episode seem so much is going on at the moment.

And unfortunately it will probably be months before I see the next two episodes. As I loose my internet connection come Wednesday, really need to get my mum to come into the modern world, which is my only way of viewing episodes right now, wish virgin and Sky get over the rivalry.

need to come up with plan and fast.
      Last edited by knowles2; 16 May 2008, 03:41 PM.

Comment

this episode was absolutely amazing.
        nothing less.

and the last 2 hours will be even more amazing.

this will be epic.

EPIC.

Comment

Surprisingly, I've heard a lot of criticism for this episode. Words like "filler" and "jump the shark". I'm not sure what show these people have been watching for the past four years, but every finale event has started off with a relatively slow opening act. It's standard storytelling. A lack of flash and dazzle is not a lack of quality! Nor does a show suck if some plot point fails to meet specific personal expectations or predictions. This is a show that rewards the long view, and that ought to have been apparent by now.

Lost 4.12: There's No Place Like Home: Part I

Overall, this episode was mostly setup for the remaining two-hours of the season finale. While a great deal of time was spent moving the characters into position for the conflict to come, there were a few minor tidbits revealed along the way. The true joy here is in the artistry of the storytelling, which continues on the strong trend established this season.

Comment

Hello every peoples.

I've never posted on the Lost forum, but here goes......

Did anyone else noticed that everyone on the first Zodiac ride back to the freighter, with the exception of Sun and Aaron was a 'red shirt'?
            First thought into my mind was that that was an intentional set up.
            The only two out of everyone left on the freighter at the end of the episode that we know for sure survives are Sun and Aaron.

Nicely done with Jack finally learning that Aaron is his nephew though.
            No wonder that poor guy hits the alcohol/pill express.

As for the Sun/Jin arc, something really tells me that Jin is dead.
            I dunno, I could easily be dead wrong here (bad pun), but my gut tells me I'm not.

If I am, then Sun's speach to her father was Oscar worthy.
            Last edited by JohnnyToxin; 17 May 2008, 06:51 AM.
            "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - General George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
              IIRC spoilers suggest that someone will die in the next two eps, could it be Michael, Jin or Desmond?[/SPOILERS] anyway I'm looking forward to the final two eps
              My money would be on Jin.

We've not seen any flash forwards for Michael yet, nor have we seen any for Desmond, so it could be either of them two, and we haven't seen any flash forwards because they wont be around to have them.

However, we know from a past episode, that Jin is dead. We just don't know how he died. My guess would be the bomb on the boat.

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
              I am thinking Sun and Aaren will get a other boat back to the island by themselfs. As they seal away will the boat explode. We seem to of been introduce to the beginning of events which take place in the flash forwards.

I thought Sun buying half the company was interesting, I am guest that may of been part of the deal for them to get of the island, they get anything they want in return they have to keep their mouths shut and stick to the cover story.
              You mean Sun right, and not Jin? Unless Sun has had a Sex change, and chosen herself a different name, you've got that wrong.

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
              and the last 2 hours will be even more amazing.

this will be epic.
              Totally Agreed!

Originally posted by JohnnyToxin View Post
              Nicely done with Jack finally learning that Aaron is his nephew though.

No wonder that poor guy hits the alcohol/pill express.
              lol, too true. I still like to know where Claire is in all this though.....
              sigpic
              It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Yeah, I reckon the ship will explode, and Sun and Aaron will get off (I'd say probably Desmond too, since the whole Desmond/Penny/Ben's gonna kill her storyline has ages to go. Plus Desmond is awesome- he could just time travel or something).

Comment

Sweet Zombie Jesus. This is the best show on TV right now. FACT.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2
                    I am thinking Jin and Aaren will get a other boat back to the island by themselfs...I thought Jin buying half the company was interesting
                    I think you mean 'Sun' not 'Jin'.

A terrific episode all in all, such balance of story, characters, and suspense.

The scene where the 6 meet with their families on the tarmac was superb, I was so happy to see the return of the slow motion montage accompanied by a brilliant new score from Michael Giacchino.

Surprised but elated to see the accomplished actress Michelle Forbes (a.k.a. Admiral Cain from BSG) as the Oceanic liaison. The events following the return of our ill-fated band are both intense and fascinating: Sun's fallout with her father, Sayid's teary reunion with Nadia, Hurley's run in with the numbers again, and Jack's shock at learning the identity of his half-sister.

Back on the island, things are heating up fast! A new DHARMA station is about to be revealed, the Others make a return, and Ben prepares to unleash a new agenda. And of course, all parties are headed for the Orchid and ultimately a big showdown.

I am getting that spider-sense that someone/s will meet their demise shortly, and I worry who it will be. I really hope Michael doesn't leave so soon, as I really want to learn more about Walt.

I anticipate the 2 hour finale will be wicked cool!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
                      I
                      Surprised but elated to see the accomplished actress Michelle Forbes (a.k.a. Admiral Cain from BSG) as the Oceanic liaison.
                      I think you meant to say Ensign Ro Laren.
                      Yeah.

Comment

i'm going to be pretty upset if desmond doesn't get to see penny again.
                        also, since he's my favorite character, i'm going to be pretty pissed if he gets died. i hope that he finds a way off the island, that isn't publicized like the O6.

Comment

Originally posted by Tycoon View Post
                          However, we know from a past episode, that Jin is dead. We just don't know how he died. My guess would be the bomb on the boat.
                          I must continue to correct this one (since I hope he survives): We don't know that Jin dies. In fact, the writers seem to be leaving it deliberately ambiguous.

The date of death on Jin's tombstone is September 22, 2004 -- the day of the plane crash. That means the likelihood of Jin dying is the same as Sawyer, or Bernard, or Claire, or Frogurt -- and anyone else from Oceanic 815 who aren't one of the Oceanic Six.

The Oceanic Six (in the future) are pretending that everyone else from the plane is dead.
                          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                            I must continue to correct this one (since I hope he survives): We don't know that Jin dies. In fact, the writers seem to be leaving it deliberately ambiguous.
                            Indeed. And then there is the possibility that Sun is under the mistaken belief that Jin died when she left the freighter. All will be revealed in 2 weeks!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One
                              Spoiler:
                              IIRC spoilers suggest that someone will die in the next two eps, could it be Michael, Jin or Desmond?
                              Spoiler:
                              by the gods of Kobol, it had better not be Jin or Desmond

Comment

Working...
                              X