• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something Nice Back Home (410)

Visit the Episode GuideLOST SEASON FOUR
    SOMETHING NICE BACK HOME
    EPISODE NUMBER - 410

Jack must put his life into Juliet's hands when a case of appendicitis threatens his life, while in the future he struggles with ghosts from the past and his changing relationship with Kate. Sawyer, Claire, Aaron and Miles run into problems in their trek through the jungle.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 01 May 2008, 07:21 PM.

Why am i the first one commenting on this episode and I don't even live in the USA? It's been hours since it aired... Oh well.

How's this for starters: Danielle is DEAD!!! WTF! They single handedly wrote off Karl, Alex, AND Danielle! I know she was shot, but I thought surely she'd make it. I'm livid! There was still so much to do with this character! Sawyer saw and confirmed the bodies. I'm horrified!

[Takes a 5 minute breather]

OK, and we're back. The Island is haunting Oceanic 6's Hurley and now Jack. And apparently Jack is not supposed to raise Aaron... ouch. Charlotte can speak Korean, and now we have a triumvirate of Hangugeos, hoorah! Jack's getting sick on the Island of Eternal Healing, so what's he done to piss it off? And what is Kate doing for Sawyer post-Island?

Oh, and WHERE's Claire gone? Do you think this means we won't see her again this season? Eerie.

And as a final note, Jack is a pathetic physician. 'Do no harm' goes for oneself too ya know? But he is SO stubborn, knowing he has appy and not doing anything about it, and taking Clonazepam with profuse amounts of alcohol... yeah Jack, when can I book in for my next appointment with you?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
      Why am i the first one commenting on this episode and I don't even live in the USA? It's been hours since it aired... Oh well.
      I don't know..I was surprised to see only one comment..but yay! Now maybe that you've broken the ice we'll see some more action!

How's this for starters: Danielle is DEAD!!! WTF! They single handedly wrote off Karl, Alex, AND Danielle! I know she was shot, but I thought surely she'd make it. I'm livid! There was still so much to do with this character! Sawyer saw and confirmed the bodies. I'm horrified!
      I didn't really care about Karl...and for that matter - Alex. However - I was CERTAIN that Danielle would still be alive and roaming the jungle somewhere..this is the Island so I'm sure we'll see her again in some form or another!

[Takes a 5 minute breather]

OK, and we're back. The Island is haunting Oceanic 6's Hurley and now Jack. And apparently Jack is not supposed to raise Aaron... ouch. Charlotte can speak Korean, and now we have a triumvirate of Hangugeos, hoorah! Jack's getting sick on the Island of Eternal Healing, so what's he done to piss it off? And what is Kate doing for Sawyer post-Island?
      That Charlotte is certainly a sneaky one - I think Jin let her off the hook too easily! Don't know what Jack to get sick on the Island...but I think it'll serve (as we can see by Rose's comments) to show everyone that maybe Jack isn't all he's cracked up to be.

Oh, and WHERE's Claire gone? Do you think this means we won't see her again this season? Eerie.

And as a final note, Jack is a pathetic physician. 'Do no harm' goes for oneself too ya know? But he is SO stubborn, knowing he has appy and not doing anything about it, and taking Clonazepam with profuse amounts of alcohol... yeah Jack, when can I book in for my next appointment with you?
      Not sure what happened to Claire...I've seen stuff all over the place ranging from thinking that she's got something important to do for the Island all the way to thinking that she's been dead since the bazooka shell hit her house. I did find it interesting that we saw Christian (Claire and Jack's father) actually HOLDING baby Aaron..
      sigpic

Comment

So I think I know what happened to Claire...so...

Spoiler...seriously, there's a promo picture involved so if you don't wanna know don't look
        Spoiler:

At first glance nothing really out of the ordinary, just Locke hanging out in the cabin...however...

Comment

this ep felt more like a set up for things to come. some interesting developments: Jack gets sick even though people aren't supposed to get sick on the island, his relationship with Kate changes (at least in the future), she's doing something for Sawyer while he's still on the island, Rousseau and Karl are definitely dead, Charlotte can speak Korean, did I forget something? oh yeah where's Claire? thanks for the spoiler JayShadow I'm hoping to see more of Locke and the guys on the boat in the next eps
          sigpic
          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
            this ep felt more like a set up for things to come. some interesting developments: Jack gets sick even though people aren't supposed to get sick on the island, his relationship with Kate changes (at least in the future), she's doing something for Sawyer while he's still on the island, Rousseau and Karl are definitely dead, Charlotte can speak Korean, did I forget something? oh yeah where's Claire? thanks for the spoiler JayShadow I'm hoping to see more of Locke and the guys on the boat in the next eps
            Thats a good way to put it.

Comment

That's more like it.

Comment

WTF, I mean seriously Lost seem to be getting better and better this season.

Clare I sure hope she back soon, wonder what her mission is now, it seems when ever Christian shows up it usually to do something specific, and it must of been big for Clare to leave child.

yeah what Kate doing for sawyer, my best guest is he helping one of his victims in the past which he has regrets about. Which would be in his eyes a sign of weakness and he hate showing that side of himself to Jack or just about most other people.

Is anyone else thinking that perhaps the freighter crew is in fact two separate groups and that the lot currently working with losties were sent their with a different mission to the other members of the freighter crew.

I love the little appendix op, jack only wanted to stay awake is because he saw Juliet shaving slightly higher than she should off and plus she did not seem to confident about performing the surgery.

Overall a very good ep, I am hoping they will not keep us waiting weeks and weeks for answers on what happen to Clare.

Comment

There seems to be one thing back home that Sawyer cares about, and would ask Kate to follow up on: Clementine.

Maybe by then Kate has figured out that she actually knows Clementine's mother, and that's who she was talking with on the phone.
                  GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                  The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                  Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

okay, i need some help with two things. i was distracted () during the ep, and missed two key moments of dialog.

1- what did hurley say to jack? i mean all his dialog?

2- what did kate say to jack about sawyer? i wasn't distracted during this scene, i just couldn't understand what either one was saying.

some thoughts on tonight's ep:

sometimes i want to hit jack. he can be SO stubborn! and he seems to take it out on kate the most. or, kate is the most vulnerable to it because of her feelings for him. she also prob feels inferior around him, which is part of why i think she likes sawyer so much.

i liked what jin said to the red headed woman.

did i mention jack was stubborn?

i like what juliet said to kate after jack's operation. that was really classy of her.

i'm not sure i like clair's and jack's dad being the same man.

WHY couldn't jack have told kate what was happening to him!?! she was trying to hard with him. i think it was kind of mean what jack said to her about aaron not being her old flesh and blood, but i felt it was tied in with his guilt about them abandoning everyone else on the island. he doesn't want to 'pretend' that everything's alright, where kate's more agreeable to the situation. i can understand his feelings, but of course, it's taken out on kate again.

i liked sawyer taking care of claire. i liked the scene where the psychic guy *feels* what happened to the french woman and her daughter's guy. (why can't i remember names?)

on a side note: i wish they'd not tarnished locke's character so much. i liked him being one of the heroes. i still think he is, but...

~might add more later~

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Good episode. It's rather interesting to fill in the various pieces since they are not putting the flash forwards in any kind of order...or no particular order that I've noticed.

Though I am rather ticked that Danielle is dead. I was hoping they might would eventually do a flashback for her. I don't exactly see that happening now.

As far as Jack getting sick on the island. He has never believed in the island/not a person of faith so it has no reason to do him any favors I suppose.

I agree with Darren. That was definitely what Kate was doing for Sawyer. Now why Kate wouldn't tell Jack? I'm not quite sure.

So...I wonder if Jack knows that he is related to Aaron in the flash forwards. I'm not exactly sure that he said that to Kate meaning to imply that she wasn't and he was. Heh at the Star Wars reference when Jack stepped on the Millennium Falcon...Luke was raised by his uncle.

I'm still betting that Claire gets killed and that's why Jack didn't want anything to do with Aaron at first because he blamed himself.

After they revealed that Hurley was seeing Charlie back at the beginning of the season, I guessed right away that Jack was going to eventually start seeing his father and that's what helped drive him over the edge in last season's finale so seeing dear old dad again not a shock, but I'm looking forward to the future conversations between those two.

For majorsal: (got the transcript from here)

DR. STILLMAN: He's refusing to take his meds, and he's stopped sleeping.

JACK: What about his therapy sessions?

DR. STILLMAN: Therapy's... been rendered useless.

JACK: And why is that?

DR. STILLMAN: Because he doesn't think I exist.

(Keypad beeps, door unlocks)

JACK: Hey, Hurley.

HURLEY: Hey, Jack.

JACK: Why aren't you taking your meds?

HURLEY: 'Cause we're dead... all of us. All the Oceanic Six--we're all dead. We never got off that island.

JACK: Hurley... that is not true.

HURLEY: What'd you do today?

JACK: What did I do today? I, uh... (sighs) I woke up, took a shower. Uh, Kate and I fed the baby.

HURLEY: I thought you didn't want anything to do with Aaron.

JACK: I changed my mind after the trial.

HURLEY: Living with Kate... taking care of Aaron... it all seems so perfect... just like heaven.

JACK: Just because I'm happy doesn't mean that this isn't real, Hurley.

HURLEY: I was happy, too, Jack... for a while, anyway. Then I saw Charlie. He likes to sit with me on the bench out on the front lawn. It's pretty cool, actually.

JACK: Okay. (Sighs) So what do the two of you talk about?

HURLEY: Well, yesterday, he told me you were gonna be coming by. He wanted me to give you a message.

JACK: A message?

(Drawer scrapes)

HURLEY: He made me write it down so I wouldn't mess it up. "You're not supposed to raise him, Jack." Does that make any sense?

JACK: No, that... doesn't make any sense.

HURLEY: Do you think he means Aaron?

JACK: Take your meds, Hurley. Just take 'em.

HURLEY: Hey, Jack? Charlie said someone's gonna be visiting you, too. Soon.

------------------

JACK: (Sighs) Where were you?

KATE: (Whispers) Jack, don't.

JACK: No, I heard you on the phone last night. Who were you talking to?

KATE: Just let it go.

JACK: No, no, I wanna know.

KATE: No, Jack.

JACK: I wanna know where you were. I wanna know who you were with.

KATE: It doesn't matter, Jack. Please.

JACK: No, tell me. Tell me!

KATE: (Sighs) I was doing something for him.

JACK: For who?

KATE: For Sawyer. I made him a promise. It... (sighs)

JACK: (sighs) What?

KATE: It doesn't matter. It has nothing to do with us.

JACK: Then why won't you tell me?

KATE: Because--because he wouldn't want me to.

JACK: But he's not here, is he? No. No, he made his choice. He chose to stay. I'm the one who came back. I'm the one who's here. I'm the one who saved you.

KATE: Jack. (Sniffles) You can't--you can't do this. If you have problems, you need to figure them out. All right? 'Cause I can't have you like this around my son.

JACK: Your son? You're not even related to him!

IMO always implied.

Comment

I'm still betting that Claire gets killed and that's why Jack didn't want anything to do with Aaron at first because he blamed himself.
                        I disagreeing, I am betting now that Jack will not discover what happen to Clare before he leaves the island. May be this dreaming but Jack Dad will tell him that Clare is still alive and that why he needs to return to the island, to return charlie. But the last part will probably not be reveal to the audience, it be nice to hear it at the same time as Jack through.

Do any one else thinks it weird that kate seem to not of told Auron that she not his real mum .
                        Last edited by knowles2; 03 May 2008, 03:23 AM.

Comment

Once again, Jack's control freak tendencies rear their ugly head. He had to have know it was his appendix, but he has to be in control of everything so he just ignores it. Then when it's acknowledged, and he has a perfectly capable doctor to perform the surgery, he insists on being awake so he can supervise. The man is seriously messed up in the head, and I think that's why when things start happening in the future, he cracks, because he simply can't control it, and Jack has to be in control.

I also think that's why Kate didn't tell him what she was doing for Sawyer. It was a promise she made to Sawyer, and something that Jack doesn't need to control. And I agree with Darren, the only thing off the island that Sawyer cares about is his daughter Clementine. I'm sure he wanted Kate to keep an eye on her, something she was probably doing before Jack moved in with her and Aaron.

I really don't like the way Jack treats Kate either. I think he wants her to be something that she's not, and even though she tries to be, ultimately she'll fail because that's not who she is. That's why I've always enjoyed her relationship with Sawyer, because as messed up as Sawyer is, he likes Kate just the way she is.

Someone asked why Aaron doesn't know that Kate's not his real mom. He's only 3 years old, I doubt he would understand the concept at this point. As far as he's concerned, she is his real mom. She's the one who takes care of him, so in a 3 year old's mind that makes her the real one. At some point, I'm sure Kate will explain it all to him.

Back on the island - I like Sawyer and how he's so protective of Claire and the baby. He may come across as a hardass at times but there's this really sweet protective side of him that comes out in a crisis.

All in all, this was an interesting episode. Things are building up to a major reveal I think.
                          sigpic

Comment

Remember Jack's relationship with Sarah, and how that ended. He's a compulsive fixer, and if everything is going right in his life ("Just because I'm happy doesn't mean that this isn't real, Hurley") he self-destructs so that he has something to fix.

He seems to be self-destructing with Kate now (in the flash-forward), and for no particular reason. Obviously the ghost of his father is pushing him toward the edge, but I have yet to see what makes "The Beginning of the End" Jack into "Through the Looking Glass" Jack. Maybe its the actual conversation with Ghost Dad that we haven't seen yet.

Maybe Ghost Dad makes him feel guilty for leaving people behind on the island and lying about their deaths in the plane crash, and convinces him that he has to go baack.
                            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

first off, what's with Jack & the drugs/booze combo ? (it's his business & his life, but I'm just wondering - surely talking to Hurley or visions of his old man wouldn't have made him suicidal...)

also, nobody else picked up on the fact that the mercs were still alive & well when they were supposed to be, u know, dead ? (after Ben set Cerberus loose on them)

Comment

Working...
                              X