This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Demetrius .Spoilers for Season 4

Now, we've got that ship on a mission to find earth. There are four vipers attached to the hull. How the frakking hell are they supposed to use these ships in deep space? I mean those vipers are far from being alert vipers, right? ^^

The name Demetrius might be based upon the greek goddess "demeter" (responsible for the fertility of the land, the grain, the seed and the seasons) or of course it could be named after the ship "demeter" that brought count dracula to england.
    Welcome to the zone where normal things don't happen...

...very often

Id imagine theyve adopted a policy of the pilots mounting up before jump or something simlier so theyre ready to go if they jump into a hot zone, but who knows until we see more of the demetius mission in action

Comment

Vipers are on Demetrius because they can fly "in atmo" (as they say in Firefly). Demetrius, very likely, can not. Remember not all the ships in the fleet touched down on New Caprica. Vipers have wings and can do scouting missions on whatever planet Starbuck finds that she claims to be Earth.

That's why so many qualified pilots make up her crew, too.

Demetrius, indeed, means "devotee of Demeter" or, a lover of Earth. Maybe the writers are all Classical scholars and put a lot of thought into these names, but I suspect this is a lucky accident.
      Last edited by anotherquestion; 22 April 2008, 03:36 PM. Reason: One more lookup.

Comment

Originally posted by anotherquestion View Post
        Demetrius, indeed, means "devotee of Demeter" or, a lover of Earth. Maybe the writers are all Classical scholars and put a lot of thought into these names, but I suspect this is a lucky accident.
        Maybe they've got Classics for Dummies...
        Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Actionhank View Post
          Now, we've got that ship on a mission to find earth. There are four vipers attached to the hull. How the frakking hell are they supposed to use these ships in deep space? I mean those vipers are far from being alert vipers, right? ^^
          Yeah, that really bugged me.

Comment

Working...
          X