This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Romance Wraith Style: Curator/Physician

This is a question about the Annals of the Curator of the Feeding Grounds on the SciFi Atlantis website (http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/aliens/).

Right; so clearly the Curator has the big-time hots for the young physician colleague, but for whatever reason the writers of the Annals have avoided using any gendered pronouns. The Curator could be a female Wraith like the Keeper, or could be a male; likewise the young physician.

Now, my image is of Curator as a slightly seedy older academic (40-50 rather than truly old, maybe somewhat of the Ian Richardson-as-Francis Urquart mould), with the young physician as the lissom object of his unwholesome desires. The physician could be male or female, not sure yet, but definitely much younger and somewhat in awe of the Curator's status and wisdom rather than attracted to him per se.

What do the rest of you think? Is this a purely professional relationship or something more? If more, is it slash or ship or UST? Tender love story on the hive ship or conduct unbecoming of a gentleWraith? Humbert Humbert or Mrs Robinson?

Or do I just have too many thoughts?
    Last edited by Mr Prophet; 28 October 2004, 01:46 PM.
    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Methinks maybe a teensy weensy bit too much time on your hands.... Really. LOL!
    "You cannot reason with your own heart;
    it has it's own laws and beats about things
    which the intellect scorns."
    - Mark Twain -

Comment

Oh, come on. It's such a sweet image. Wine, roses; a candlelit victim for two...

Comment

Awww! I never thought of it like that before... how cute. Of course that would be the way it really happened, but the Curator could not admit it because it might portray a "softer side" of the wraith that they try so desperately to hide. Unfortunately, Steve came along and ruined the whole façade.
        Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
        RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Originally posted by NightGloom
          Awww! I never thought of it like that before... how cute. Of course that would be the way it really happened, but the Curator could not admit it because it might portray a "softer side" of the wraith that they try so desperately to hide. Unfortunately, Steve came along and ruined the whole façade.
          Of course, the PTB don't want people to think like this, since then they start asking 'was it alright to keep Steve locked up and tortured and used for experiments like that?'

I mean, who knows? Did Steve have a girl back home? A sweetheart, or maybe even a wife and kids? Are they still waiting, wondering if he'll come home one day?

Hmm. Sudden images of Austin Powers and the 'family of a henchman' scenes.

Comment

Working...
          X