• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planet of the Ood (3003/403)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO SERIES 30
    PLANET OF THE OOD
    EPISODE NUMBER - 3003

The Doctor and Donna find themselves on a world where Ood are bred for servitude -- and about to revolt against their creators.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 10 April 2011, 03:53 PM.

Excellent episode.

9/10. *applauds* And the doomsday theme is becoming Rose's new theme apparently.

Martha next week. *high fives*
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

anyone else notice that map of the human empire looked a lot like the slave trade route between britain, africa and north america

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
        anyone else notice that map of the human empire looked a lot like the slave trade route between britain, africa and north america
        I didn't notice that, nice observation. Greeen.
        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
        Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Excellent loved every mintue, especially the referance to the snow. What's the theory on the end of the doctors song? regeneration or his song as the last of the time lords? maybe they actually are going to come back.

Lt.Colonel

Comment

Enjoyed this week's episode. Great to see the Ooood again. I was wondering what that comment about the Doctor was all about. Sounded quite ominous. Could we be nearing the end of DT's tenure. I'm probably reading too much into it, though.
            "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel Peters View Post
              Excellent loved every mintue, especially the referance to the snow. What's the theory on the end of the doctors song? regeneration or his song as the last of the time lords? maybe they actually are going to come back.

Lt.Colonel
              Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
              Enjoyed this week's episode. Great to see the Ooood again. I was wondering what that comment about the Doctor was all about. Sounded quite ominous. Could we be nearing the end of DT's tenure. I'm probably reading too much into it, though.
              As the Ood refer to the Doctor and Donna as a singular "item" ie. DoctorDonna I think its related to

Spoiler:
              Donna leaving at the end of Season four
              A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

I love how real they look and how their eyes blink diagonally. And I loved how the Tim McInnery Ood sneezed out his brain.

Madeleine

Comment

haha Madeleine, it was quite a big hoch-a-loogie. I was surprised at how graphic and delectably squicky Halpern's transformation was. I love the Ood now. Such beautiful music from them.

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
                  As the Ood refer to the Doctor and Donna as a singular "item" ie. DoctorDonna I think its related to

Spoiler:
                  Donna leaving at the end of Season four
                  Hmm. Yep, it could be.
                  "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Really fabulous episode. Had me utterly enthralled. Tim McInnery made a fabulous villain and the Ood were as fascinating as ever. Still enjoying the relationship between the Doctor and Donna and Catherine Tate once again did a sterling job. Really quite an action-packed episode with chases and explosions and gunfire.. I thought the scene of the Doctor being chased by the loading claw was great, really well executed.

Interesting that the bee thing was mentioned again - and really mentioned this time too, not just a passing reference. I take back my previous statements that the reference in PiC wasn't relevant... unless of course RTD is just toying with us with misdirection!

Loved the visuals of the ice planet too.
                    sigpic

Comment

Most excellent. Tim McI turning into the Ood reminded me of the gas mask thing from The Empty Child. Very spooky.
                      In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger View Post
                        Most excellent. Tim McI turning into the Ood reminded me of the gas mask thing from The Empty Child. Very spooky.
                        Indeed, apparently the producers wanted that scene to be even more gruesome but they had to tone it down for the kids
                        A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

lol i just liked a scene when one Ood just attacked a soldier and just started waving his tecticles at his face..

probably just me but they were in the yaer 41something and they still had projectile weapons, for a race that has biusness with 3 other galaxies they dont have anything like plasma guns or something
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                            lol i just liked a scene when one Ood just attacked a soldier and just started waving his tecticles at his face..

probably just me but they were in the yaer 41something and they still had projectile weapons, for a race that has biusness with 3 other galaxies they dont have anything like plasma guns or something
                            projectile weapons are probably more reliable and cheaper to manufacture as well that company struck me as the sort to cut any corners possible

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post

it wasnt just that they were projectile weapons they were m16's i mean those are almost outdated already, was probably cutting corners with props more than anything else

Comment

Working...
                              X