Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Tardis out there ? (Spoilers S3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Tardis out there ? (Spoilers S3)

Okay, in 'Utopia' they find The Master at the end of universe. The thing keeps bugging me is....where is his ride ? I mean, you can't just get on a bus and leave the Time War behind. Besides, he would have needed a camelion arch to become Professor Yana, and the only place where you can find one of those is inside a Tardis. So where is that second Tardis ?

And another thing, if there is another Tardis out there. Why didn't Donna Noble zap into that one in 'The Runaway Bride' ?
    sigpic

SGU Continued....

Good question, although about the second part regarding Donna - I think that the Doctor was still in the present during his goodbye to Rose. Although I have been mistaken before.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
      Good question, although about the second part regarding Donna - I think that the Doctor was still in the present during his goodbye to Rose. Although I have been mistaken before.
      That would make sense...

The Master most likely left his TARDIS somewhere in the future to just gather dust and die, as a human he didn't have any use for it and wouldn't have known what it was...

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post

And another thing, if there is another Tardis out there. Why didn't Donna Noble zap into that one in 'The Runaway Bride' ?
        Donna appeared in the Doctors Tardis because he had some of those particles she had been drinking stored in his Tardis somewhere (probably in the attic next to the Carrionites). It stands to reason that other Tardisies would not be carrying these particles
        A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

The Time War destroyed Gallifrey and everything of Gallifrey; except for the Doctor and his Tardis. It destroyed the Master's Tardis, and would have destroyed the Master too had it not been for his transfiguration.

JMO.

Madeleine

Comment

he said he was found as a boy in the boeshay pinisula or something, i think he said naked boy but i mite of heard wrong

whether that was the story he told himself it would be likely he was travelling to the last planet in the universe and left his tardis there whereas all the stars and galaxies were dissapearing and took the tardis with them
            sigpic

Comment

I was wondering if they'd meet the AU Doctor/ with an AU Tardis in the Cybermen Universe at all, or if that Universe's Doctor travelled to our Universe at all...

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
                Whether not he was in the present, it's safe to say that he was a darned sight "closer" to present-time Earth than a Tardis at the end of the universe (which was so far away even the Time Lords had never ventured there).

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                The Time War destroyed Gallifrey and everything of Gallifrey; except for the Doctor and his Tardis. It destroyed the Master's Tardis, and would have destroyed the Master too had it not been for his transfiguration.

JMO.
                Oooh. Good point. And if it did survive, then it's abandoned somewhere on "the silver shores", I think Yana called it, at the end of the universe. As a human with no knowledge of time travel or Tardises (what *is* the plural of Tardis? Tardi? ) and it would have meant nothing to him.
                sigpic

Comment

Plural of Tardis?
                  'Tard.

The Doctor's Tardis is one of the older models, with the older, slightly dangerous particle bit still there. Like a car using leaded gas, I guess. The newer [read: destroyed] Tardis models probably wouldn't have the tech bit with the particles.

As for The Master's Tardis, that bugged me. It's possible he used something like Capn Jack's rift manipulator to get to the 'end' of time, taking the relevant transformative tech along with him. Less chance of him being tracked via his Tardis by the Daleks. Jack et al used Jack's manipulator to get back, so we know that tech exists; and a Time Lord should be able to MacGyver a time machine out of a toaster, just like an Ancient can MacGyver a stargate out of a toaster [and other minor things ].

I like the idea of The Master's Tardis sitting on the silver shores of infinity, waiting for His return...
                  sigpic
                  More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
                    I was wondering if they'd meet the AU Doctor/ with an AU Tardis in the Cybermen Universe at all, or if that Universe's Doctor travelled to our Universe at all...
                    ooh perfect opportunity for a multi doctor episode??

anyway plural for TARDIS is just TARDIS or TARDISs since it's an acronym
                    Spoiler:
                    Disclaimer:
                    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                    Quotes!
                    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X