Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dragon Con 2008 - Aug 29-Sept 1 - Atlanta, GA

http://www.dragoncon.org/index.php

Here are the guests as of this writing that have a Stargate connection. I listed the guest even if they're more well known from another show.

Erick Avari - Kasuf
    Morena Baccarin - Adria
    Adam Baldwin - Col. Dave Dixon
    Don S. Davis - Gen. George Hammond
    Aaron Douglas - Jaffa; Moac
    David Nykl - Radek Zelenka
    Robert Picardo - Richard Woolsey
    Cliff Simon - Ba'al
    Jewel Staite - Dr. Jennifer Keller

David Nykl isn't on the Dragon*Con guest list yet, but he says he's attending on his blog.

Also, Pierre Bernard, graphic artist from the Conon O'Brien show known for his Recliner of Rage, and Stargate supporter, is back for another year.

My kind of guy:
    "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
    Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
    (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

There's also quite a few folks from other sci-fi genres as well. My particular faves that I am looking forward to, outside of the Stargate guests, are Walter Koenig and Jerry Doyle. Walter of course is better known for his role as Chekov in the original Star Trek but I know him as Bester, my favorite bad guy from Babylon 5. Also can't wait to see Jerry, known for his role as Mr. Garibaldi on B5 as well.

At any rate, this is my first time attending DC. Anyone got any tips for this DC newbie?

"Oh honey you just can't seem to walk into a room quietly can you?" -Michael Shanks Chicago Con 08

The Universe is Mad
    Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by erinanderson View Post
      There's also quite a few folks from other sci-fi genres as well. My particular faves that I am looking forward to, outside of the Stargate guests, are Walter Koenig and Jerry Doyle. Walter of course is better known for his role as Chekov in the original Star Trek but I know him as Bester, my favorite bad guy from Babylon 5. Also can't wait to see Jerry, known for his role as Mr. Garibaldi on B5 as well.

At any rate, this is my first time attending DC. Anyone got any tips for this DC newbie?
      Wear comfy shoes; bring shorts cause it gonna be hot there around that time. And get ready to stand in lots of lines; always helps to have friends with you for bathroom breaks and food runs; luckily where the talks are the food court not to far away. And enjoy yourself.
      Sue

sigpic

Our Stargate Forum ~Michael Shanks List ~Michael Shanks Online

Comment

Bring snacks with you. I skipped eating alot, and was cranky. Comfy shoes are good. Remember your water.

I went for the first time last year. Going again this year. (I get to meet Lord Ba'al... erm, I mean Cliff Simon. )
        sigpic
        Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
          Bring snacks with you. I skipped eating alot, and was cranky. Comfy shoes are good. Remember your water.

I went for the first time last year. Going again this year. (I get to meet Lord Ba'al... erm, I mean Cliff Simon. )
          Oh well then you are going to want to spend some time in my company. Since I will be rooming with Arctic Goddess (who is the #1 Ba'al fan) and you may get some glimpses of dear Lord Ba'al.

Me, I'll be in the B5 and BSG adoration group (not that I won't be snapping pics of Cliff like crazy, just like I always do).

But seriously, I'd like to try and get something organized in some way for us all to meet and hang out. Usually events like that go pretty well. Anyone have any ideas?

*makes mental note to pack fav pair of Pumas ands lots of granola bars*

"Oh honey you just can't seem to walk into a room quietly can you?" -Michael Shanks Chicago Con 08

The Universe is Mad
          Photobucket

Comment

Mama will be working Dragon... again
            and now for something really different...

Comment

I really want to go but I'm having issues finding a hotel room....
              *THUNK*

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own."- Adam Savage

Cassidy- "Go ahead, Munch, rain on my parade."
              Munch- "I don't just want to rain on your parade, I want to blow up all the floats."

Comment

Originally posted by Space Monkey52 View Post
                I really want to go but I'm having issues finding a hotel room....
                I found a room at Regency Suites Hotel Midtown which, according to mapquest, is less than half a mile from the con hotels. There wasn't anything available at the con hotels or overflow last I checked. I booked through Expedia, and it was a special rate but you had to pay the full thing now. (Cancellations or changes are allowed ahead of time.)
                Welcome to MY life!

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
                  http://www.dragoncon.org/index.php

David Nykl isn't on the Dragon*Con guest list yet, but he says he's attending on his blog.
                  Interesting because I could swear I saw him on another con guest list for the same time...no, wait. My bad. He is on the Chicago Creation guest list, which is the same weekend as GATEcon.

This is what happens when you're a conwhore and have six cons you're going to attend in one year!
                  Welcome to MY life!

Comment

Originally posted by Suebsg9 View Post
                    Wear comfy shoes; bring shorts cause it gonna be hot there around that time. And get ready to stand in lots of lines; always helps to have friends with you for bathroom breaks and food runs; luckily where the talks are the food court not to far away. And enjoy yourself.

This is my first D*C, but I've been to ComicCon three times and lots of other cons, and this sounds pretty much the same. Lines to get into panel rooms, lines to get autographs (or even a chance at one), that sort of thing.

For lunch I bring a pouch of tuna or salmon, some already-diced veggies, packets of mayo (or snurch from food vendors) along with a gallon ziploc baggie. Put it all in the baggie and knead it together...voila! Salad that's yummy in a throw-away container. (I bring napkins and plastic utensils, too.) It's something I can eat even in the panel room if I want.

I also bring a lot of Luna/Luna Sunrise bars, cornnuts (travel better than chips), apples and chocolate, so I'm not as tempted to buy from snack food vendors. What I *do* buy at those stands is fruit like bananas that don't carry well. And the occasional Starbucks hot chocolate since I don't drink coffee.

At ComicCon they had water coolers in the big panel rooms, so I would bring a bottle of water to start the day and refill it from the water cooler as needed.

At ComicCon there's a food area, but lines are long and prices high. Not too many restaurants really close to the San Diego Convention Center - they're a hike - but some nice little convenience stores that also make sandwiches. Is there anything like that at D*C area?
                    Welcome to MY life!

Comment

BUMP

I iz going. Hope I can finish my costume in time....
                      Fandoms come and go, but geekiness lasts forever.

YouTube - DeviantART - Twitter - tumblr

sigpic

Comment

Are anyone else who hasn't posted yet going?
                        Fandoms come and go, but geekiness lasts forever.

YouTube - DeviantART - Twitter - tumblr

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myn MacGeek, Third Sentinel View Post
                          Are anyone else who hasn't posted yet going?
                          I'm officially going! I was able to find a room.
                          *THUNK*

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own."- Adam Savage

Cassidy- "Go ahead, Munch, rain on my parade."
                          Munch- "I don't just want to rain on your parade, I want to blow up all the floats."

Comment

Cancellations

Adam Baldwin - Col Dave Dixon, SG1
                            David Palffy - Anubis, SG1
                            Erica Durance - Krista James in the SG1 episode "Affinity". Lois Lane on "Smallville".
                            Leah Cairns - Tatha on "Sanctuary".

Addition

Torri Higginson - Dr. Elizabeth Weir, Atlantis

My kind of guy:
                            "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                            Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                            (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

From Colin Cunningham's blog:

DRAGON TEARS

Ah well.

To think that after all of that. Gang, won't be making it to Dragon
                              Con this year. Just booked a gig on a movie called FIREBALL and the
                              schedule conflicts. All I can ask is that you all have a great time
                              and if you've got the inclination, go check out CENTIGRADE as part of
                              the Dragon Con Film Festival.

Thanks for all the support.

Source: http://www.centigradethemovie.com/20.../dragon-tears/

Comment

Working...
                              X