X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate SG-1: Steven Savile to pen Stargate SG-1 tie-in series

From UK SF Book News Network:

http://www.uksfbooknews.net/2008/04/...-crime-novels/

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

Steven Savile to pen Stargate SG-1 tie-in series, plus two original crime novels

Posted in: Press Room on 16th April 2008 by UKSFBN admin

Multi-genred author of horror, science fiction, TV and movie tie-ins and more, Steven Savile, dropped us a line to let us know about a couple of new book deals he's recently secured:

"First up, I've just signed up with Fandemonium / MGM to write a trilogy of novels set within the Stargate SG-1 universe, featuring all of our favourites from the series - Daniel Jackson, Teal'c, Sam Carter and of course Jack O'Neill.

"The series is running through a few names right now as we've yet to really hammer one into place that really pleases all of us, but it's shifting between The Power Behind the Throne, The Cold War Kings and Shadows. I won't say which is my favourite...

**snippage**

More information on Steve Savile's very wide range of writing activities at:

http://www.stevensavile.com/

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Yay! I love series! I do wish we'd get an actual spin-off novel series though!
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

SG1 - Apex Book Company - Tuckerize yourself into a SG1 Novel:

[NOTE: Apex Book Company is currently holding a subscription drive for their magazine, and "prizes" are being offered by authors they represent. Subscriptions are $20 for 4 issues in the US. $24 for Canada/Mexico. $34 for the rest of the world.]

From Apex Book Company:

http://www.apexbookcompany.com/news/...criber-prizes/

(please follow the link for the complete article.)

More subscriber prizes!

Steven Savile has offered to tuckerize five people into his next Stargate SG-1 novel who subscribe.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Hmm, so this series is totally seperate to the Fandy novels. Guess these guys quietly acquired the rights to publish original novels in the US.
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
          Hmm, so this series is totally seperate to the Fandy novels. Guess these guys quietly acquired the rights to publish original novels in the US.
          No, I'm sorry, I didn't write my information very well.

Steven Savile does have (some) of his NON-Stargate work published by Apex, but somehow, he's offering to have subscriber's names mentioned in his Fandemonium Stargate novels.

How this works...I don't know!

My apologies for the misunderstanding.

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
            Let's hope they're gonna write something really good with Daniel and Vala front and center.

Comment

Hey folks, just a quick one to address a couple of things, one being the NEW and REAL titles of the novels, , the other being the Tuckerization contest...

The books, now called The Iblis Trilogy (Shadows, Shapeshifter and Trickster) ARE published by Fandemonium. They're SG-1 novels featuring the original team. They aren't published by Apex. The publisher of Apex Digest magazine is a good friend of mine, and runs a great little magazine, so as a. a way to help him attract new subscribers (if you love SF why aren't you reading it already?) and b. give Stargate fans a fun way to immortalise themselves into the mythology of the series, I offered to add five 'names' to the story being written at the moment - these won't be heroes, they'll be incidental characters met along the way, but hopefully will be colourful.

So, don't panic There's no new license holder, no shift in focus and no special under the counter dealing going on, just a chance for a few folks to be Tuckerized (that's the proper term for someone pinching your name and using you as a character in a novel)...

I'll be updating my website soon to explain stuff, and may well be running a blog to showcase little bits as hints from the series, and why and how decisions were made in the writing process... author's sleeve notes if you like...

I hope you this clears up any confusion.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by StevenSavile View Post
                Hey folks, just a quick one to address a couple of things, one being the NEW and REAL titles of the novels, , the other being the Tuckerization contest...

Steve
                Hi, Steve!

Thank you so much for your post.

Looking forward to your novels.

Best wishes, Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, I tend to watch forums to see all the nasty things people are saying

I keep trying to fix stargate wiki but I don't think the chap running it believes I am me... always fun

Comment

So, don't panic There's no new license holder, no shift in focus and no special under the counter dealing going on, just a chance for a few folks to be Tuckerized (that's the proper term for someone pinching your name and using you as a character in a novel)...

Steve
                    Good to see the newer writing generations keeping up with faanish traditions, such as Tuckerizations. Bob would have approved.

FF
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, I tend to watch forums to see all the nasty things people are saying

I keep trying to fix stargate wiki but I don't think the chap running it believes I am me... always fun
                      It's not that I don't believe you, I just have to have somewhere to source it to if people ask about it. People tend not to believe what they read on a wiki if they can't read it elsewhere too.

Comment

The books, now called The Iblis Trilogy (Shadows, Shapeshifter and Trickster) ARE published by Fandemonium. They're SG-1 novels featuring the original team. They aren't published by Apex. The publisher of Apex Digest magazine is a good friend of mine, and runs a great little magazine, so as a. a way to help him attract new subscribers (if you love SF why aren't you reading it already?) and b. give Stargate fans a fun way to immortalise themselves into the mythology of the series, I offered to add five 'names' to the story being written at the moment - these won't be heroes, they'll be incidental characters met along the way, but hopefully will be colourful.

I'll be updating my website soon to explain stuff, and may well be running a blog to showcase little bits as hints from the series, and why and how decisions were made in the writing process... author's sleeve notes if you like...

Steve
                        The "original team"... now I'm seriously disappointed. But not really surprised. Although I do think they've got enough already and it's definitely high time for a series of novels focusing on the "new" team. I'm definitely waiting for these.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaymach View Post
                          It's not that I don't believe you, I just have to have somewhere to source it to if people ask about it. People tend not to believe what they read on a wiki if they can't read it elsewhere too.
                          Jaymach, dropped you a mail earlier, hopefully it arrived safe and sound. The problem with a 'source' in this case is there's only me Even Amazon isn't up to date yet because when we had to give them something to put the book into the system I had no idea what to call it, so snagged something out of thin air that would have happily fit with the original concept, but after some shifts in direction completely failed to fit with the new one I promise to get around to updating my website so you can source it from there... soon... ahem.

Lady, what can I say, sorry about that. I discussed in some detail with the editors what the best dynamic in terms of fan demand was... still, I could have pitched that Jonas Quinn solo novel I have in my head

Frosty, hey, some traditions are worth upholding. Like the whole you have to buy the newbie author on the forum a virtual beer in welcome....

Comment

Frosty, hey, some traditions are worth upholding. Like the whole you have to buy the newbie author on the forum a virtual beer in welcome....
                            Hey Steven - Have one on me and if our paths should ever cross in person I'll buy you a real one. Cheers!

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Ahh Murphys... now that's my kind of hello...

Comment

Working...
                              X