Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHat is your WORST episode of SG-1 ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S1: Emancipation
    S2: Holiday
    S3: A Hundred Days
    S4: Tangent
    S5: Fail Safe
    S6: The Changeling
    S7: Space Race
    S8: Too many to mention.
    S9: The Ties That Bind
    S10: Family Ties

Comment

I'd have to say that for me, it's Grace.
      Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!

Comment

I'm shocked no one has said Gemini. I'd rank that one as the worst episode I've seen on any TV show, let alone SG!

Comment

Let me think... any episode that did NOT have a BHK between Jack and Sam.
          Or any shippy bits.
          Family Ties might win.
          Janet
          sigpic

Comment

i really didnt like One False Step. I think it was the most boring episode ever. I've only ever seen it twice and i refuse to watch it on DVD
            sigpic

Comment

the worst is Unending, the last SG1 episode ever, the episode is the last one ever for the greatest SCIFI show ever to air?? Come on you have got to at least have a 2 parter, and don't make it suck by making Tealc equal in age as the rest of them, and overall dont choose your last episode to suck, this was the worst possible ending to the greatest SCIFI show to ever air, it freaking sucked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              "Following you still not!!"--Jack on the episode New Order Part 1.

Comment

Originally posted by ShardsofGlass View Post
                I'm shocked no one has said Gemini. I'd rank that one as the worst episode I've seen on any TV show, let alone SG!
                The reason I didn't mention this episode is because I had temporarily succeeded in blocking it from my memory.
                But now that you mention it, I believe this episode is the only one that could successfully be used against me as torture.

...Of course I'm one of those oddballs that likes both One False Step and The Light so my opinion sure ain't the consensus.
                "Prepare to meet your DOOM."

"It's not about making money, it's about taking money. Destroying the status quo, because the status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to...rule it."

GADZOOKS

Comment

I think one of the worst episodes has to be "Hathor."
                  I can suspend my disbelief enough to believe that the Sarcophagus can bring people back to life but...it can regrow/recreate an immune system? That's just painfully ridiculous.
                  And why didn't Hathor die when Samantha shot her? That was pretty ridiculous as well.

Comment

Family Ties has to be the worst. I do cringe at the thought of watching some of them over again, like Enemy Mine and Gemini. But I guess I'll list my least favouries for each season. I like most episodes that are even remotely tied to the main story line in some way, are funny, and do not require our heroes to be stupid for them to occur

Season 1 - Emancipation - Never mentioned again, plot could come from any mongolian movie.
                    S2 - One False step - while it did explore the whole kill someone by simply stepping though the stargate philosophy, it was just boring, and the costumes/skin was cringeworthy.
                    S3- Maybe urgo?
                    S4- The light
                    (I find it hard to find fault in season 3 and 4 otherwise)
                    S5- Beast of Burden - The whole unintellegent unas stories don't sit that well with me. Unas without a goauld is just boring...
                    S6- Sights Unseen
                    S7- Enemy Mine/Grace.
                    S8 - Gemini,Mobias. Huge plot hole at the end of it as it didn't actually show how they prevented ra from taking the gate, so that kind of seemed lame. For a two parter, very little actually happened.
                    S9 - The Scourge. I just thought it wasn't very convincingly done somehow. Other than that, I thought season 9 was very solid.
                    S10 - Morpheous, and most of all, Family Ties.

Comment

Originally posted by sean_shane_zeo View Post
                      I can suspend my disbelief enough to believe that the Sarcophagus can bring people back to life but...it can regrow/recreate an immune system? That's just painfully ridiculous.
                      If it can fix everything else, why not that?

Comment

If I had to choose just one, it would be really tough. I like all of Sg-1 episodes, but ultimately the one I never really got the point of was One False Step. It was just too bizarre, and well... boring. Not to mention that mey ears wre ringing after watching it.

Comment

Originally posted by JoshuaJSlone View Post
                          If it can fix everything else, why not that?
                          I agree wholeheartedly with you
                          "Following you still not!!"--Jack on the episode New Order Part 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                            See, some of the episodes people dont like, the light, emancipation, one false step, at LEAST they were relivant to stargate, I mean the team was still exploring other planets, jack was still involved, Family Ties had nothing at all to do with stargate! The whole awful ep was about Vala's idiot father, and its not even like there was a backstory about him prior to that episode, the whole vala's dad thing just kinda popped up out of nowhere! Even though they are not popular episodes, Id take any one of the 3 above mentioned episodes over family ties. Bleah!
                            I totally agree.

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS View Post
                            Hardly everyone ,and I for one don't hate Brief Candle .
                            It had nanites ,Jack ageing ,the team worrying for him ,Sam and Janet working on the cure ,and though I didn't think Kynthia was "hot",I thought she was ok.

My Worst ever eps tie between Demons, Affinity and Family Ties.

*Flips coin twice *

Ok..Demons won .
                            Ugh. I only dislike Brief Candle for the RDA "old man" act. I just can't stand that acting.

Oh and you need to flip that coin again. I would watch Demons a thousand times if need be. Affinity and Family Ties are just pure torture.

I never thought anything could beat my profound dislike of Affinity then along came Prometheus Unbound.

I never though anything could ever beat my severe disdain for Prometheus Unbound (so appropriately shortened to PU) but Family Ties did, but not by much as it's still a virtual tie between those two for worst episode.

Family Ties is the absolute worst episode of SG-1. Worthless pile of garbage. Such a squandered opportunity to actually have some serious character development for Vala.

Some other very honorable mentions: The Ties That Bind, Avenger 2.0, Spirits, Off the Grid, Bounty, Full Alert, Moebius, pt 2, Insiders, etc. I could go on, but I'll stop there.

Season by Season:

S1 - Brief Candle
                            S2 - Spirits
                            S3 - New Ground
                            S4 - Crossroads
                            S5 - The Sentinel
                            S6 - Sight Unseen
                            S7 - Avenger 2.0
                            S8 - Ugh. There are plenty of bad ones here. PU is the winner though.
                            S9 - Ditto here. The Ties That Bind
                            S10 - And here. Family Ties
                            IMO always implied.

Comment

Off the top of my head all I can think of is Unending, and Space Race which was a rip off of a Star Trek: Voyager ep., though I must admit there was some thing about that ep. I liked.... Maybe t'was teh cheese.
                              sigpic

Comment

I'm one of those weird people who liked Emancipation and One False Step. I admit the idea (and its execution) of white naked people was terrible, but that's all I find wrong with the ep. It tried to do something atypical, to show us a lifeform so totally different from us humans, that we'd really have trouble with understanding it. As my mom once said: "They did something different from everybody else and people don't like that"
                                I also loved Cold Lazarus. So sue me.
                                In seasons 1-8 the only ep I hated with passion was Affinity. This one gets my vote for being the worst in the first 8 seasons, although I must admit I also despise Prometheus Unbound and Gemini, and to lesser extent Space Race. But at least they were all Stargate episodes..
                                IMHO seasons 9-10 suffered from dramatic drop in quality, so I'd have to say they were all the worst (ok, with exeption of 200, The shroud and Pegasus Project which I liked very much). If I have to pick, however, the biggest stinker is...Family ties! No surprise here. And right on its heels is Bounty..I thought it was impossible for SG-1 to sink so low as it did with those 2 episodes..
                                There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                                sigpic
                                awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Working...
                                X