No announcement yet.

New Jedi Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In an issue of Star Wars: Insider they said that the top 5 books that authors chose were: Vector Prime, Agents of Chaos I, Star By Star, Traitor and The Unifying Force.

Anybody have Insider issue #74? They have a NJO 100 need-to-know facts

Jack: Is mental illness contagious?
    Daniel: This has been disturbing on many levels.
    "Trandoshan eliminated...with extreme prejudice." - Scorch RC-1262
    My deviantART profile

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralJackO'Neill
      Ummm......why? Luke was the hero of the original trilogy?
      they tried to make him a hero yes.....but in fact he turned out whiney and annoying.....

as far as i'm concerned....the original trilogy was all about the redemption of darth vader.....that's the jedi that returns......not luke and the return of the order in general....
      Thanks!
      Jordan

my page
      My LJ
      From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Wait a minute-I think you're right. There was a clip i watched on the DVDs or at Starwars.com and Lucas said that the original trilogy was the redemption of anakin(vader).

My deviantART profile

Comment

Which is why people should make their movies in chronological order.

Comment

I'll tell you why:

Lucas took his ideas to--Fox and they liked the stories of 4, 5 and 6. So they went along with 4, 5 and 6. Bad huh? So anyways...Star Wars was released in 1977, ESB was released in 1980 and RotJ was released in 1983. So, nothing happened until the urge of Star Wars fans wanted him to make the prequels.

Finally in 1997 he started making TPM--It was released in 1999. AotC came out in 2002 and the following RotS will be debuting in May 2005.

He did have 7, 8 and 9, but since he got bad reviews and critizism for TPM and AotC and probably for RotS he decided to cut 7-9 off.

That's my theory.

My deviantART profile

Comment

i thought he decided not to make 7, 8, & 9 earlier than that, and that was why he allowed the post-RotJ novels.

Comment

Originally posted by Greesha
                i thought he decided not to make 7, 8, & 9 earlier than that, and that was why he allowed the post-RotJ novels.
                The story I heard was he original planned to make 9 but then changed his minde, the stuff from the last 3 movies were all revised into RotJ. SO basically Lucas palanned story is a complete arc from ep 1-6 and no more.

As to the NJO the begining(Vector and Tides duo) is meh, Agents is good. Balance Point is boring. Edge of Victory Duology is meh Star by Star is great. Dark Journey is boring, Traitor is weird but good. Destiny's Way is OK the first book of force heretic is unreadable and the unifying Force is good. Thats all I've read.
                sigpic
                Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
                  The story I heard was he original planned to make 9 but then changed his minde, the stuff from the last 3 movies were all revised into RotJ. SO basically Lucas palanned story is a complete arc from ep 1-6 and no more.

As to the NJO the begining(Vector and Tides duo) is meh, Agents is good. Balance Point is boring. Edge of Victory Duology is meh Star by Star is great. Dark Journey is boring, Traitor is weird but good. Destiny's Way is OK the first book of force heretic is unreadable and the unifying Force is good. Thats all I've read.
                  His original plan included 7-9. But he decided not to. Until he's done with Revenge of the Sith, he'll make Indy 4.

My deviantART profile

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralJackO'Neill
                    His original plan included 7-9. But he decided not to. Until he's done with Revenge of the Sith, he'll make Indy 4.
                    Yes but then he combined what was going to in 7-9 in RotJ. So by the time RotJ came out he was only planing to make six movies.
                    sigpic
                    Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
                      Yes but then he combined what was going to in 7-9 in RotJ. So by the time RotJ came out he was only planing to make six movies.
                      Yeah, something like that.

My deviantART profile

Comment

What do you all think about the death of Anakin Solo? I haven't read it, But I know he dies since I am also reading the Legacy of the Force series.
                        By Nolamom
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                          What do you all think about the death of Anakin Solo? I haven't read it, But I know he dies since I am also reading the Legacy of the Force series.
                          Epic,....and sad.

One of the things is though with that book....like a lot of things. It was a bit underfullfilling. I went into it with such highexpectations...and got dissapointed. It was still a good...neigh a great book, but it was not the epic that I was quite expecting. Still the whole bit with Anakin, was actually quite shocking in its own right though.

Comment

O have not had a chance to read any of them but I have read other books by RA salvatore and I really enjoyed them, so I now have to spend money I dont have on books....

Comment

It's about time they killed that damn wookie.

He should have died in that trash compactor in episode 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                                It's about time they killed that damn wookie.

He should have died in that trash compactor in episode 4.
                                What has the walking carpet done to you?

But that was sad...Then the whole fiasco between Anakin and Han.

I hope his death is as good as Foley says it is...I hope to read Star by Star by some point in January.
                                By Nolamom
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X