New Jedi Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Jedi Order

Did anybody like the series or totally hated it? For one, a lot of fans hate RA Salvatore for killing off Chewie. Had a lot dark sided themes and stuff.

I actually liked the series, but I cried (I did) when Chewie died. The stuff I hated the most was the new philosophy on the Force, or known as the "Unifying Force" and is called for the conclusion of the series.

Jack: Is mental illness contagious?
    Daniel: This has been disturbing on many levels.
    "Trandoshan eliminated...with extreme prejudice." - Scorch RC-1262
    My deviantART profile

Originally posted by GeneralJackO'Neill
    Did anybody like the series or totally hated it? For one, a lot of fans hate RA Salvatore for killing off Chewie. Had a lot dark sided themes and stuff.

I actually liked the series, but I cried (I did) when Chewie died. The stuff I hated the most was the new philosophy on the Force, or known as the "Unifying Force" and is called for the conclusion of the series.
    they killed of Chewie!...as you can see I haven read the "new jedi Order"...

For some reason I couldn't get into the NJO. There was something about it (and I can't explain it) that i didn't like.

But i did like the X-wing series and other SW novels that I can't think of right now.
    ~Athena

Comment

Maybe I should've have put 'Spoilers' in the title.

My deviantART profile

Comment

i read the series.....

as a concept it was pretty interesting....i liked the growth of the kids into adults.....never read any of the young jedi stories though....

it seemed like a lot of work to lay down a unified story line for that many books....and in the end still not have the blessing of the Lucas....

i can see him making 3 more movies that have nothing to do with this story line but are in the same time just to honk off everybody that read these books.
        Thanks!
        Jordan

my page
        My LJ
        From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Did you like the conclusion (The Unifying Force)?

My deviantART profile

Comment

yah.....

as a whole concept i thought it was pretty good.....they didn't really delve to deep into the concept, which is probably a good thing.
            Thanks!
            Jordan

my page
            My LJ

Comment

Yeah, probably.

My deviantART profile

Comment

I really didn't like it. The characterizations were all over the board, the entire storyline was way too long, with 19 books, and they really went into weird territory. I did like the first 6 books, but after that, they went downhill.
                A Quick Word from the Far Side of the Galaxy

Comment

Originally posted by JediTrilobite
                  I really didn't like it. The characterizations were all over the board, the entire storyline was way too long, with 19 books, and they really went into weird territory. I did like the first 6 books, but after that, they went downhill.
                  i agree it was a bit drawn out......too many writers with too many ideas branching out from the main tree......

coulda knocked off a few books i think......
                  Thanks!
                  Jordan

my page
                  My LJ

Comment

Yep. A lot of SW fans sent threatening email to RA Salvatore, for killing ofChewie. Felt bad for him. The original plan was to kill off Luke Skywalker, but Lucas rejected the idea.

My deviantART profile

Comment

the universe would be a much better place without luke.....
                      Thanks!
                      Jordan

my page
                      My LJ

Comment

Ummm......why? Luke was the hero of the original trilogy?

My deviantART profile

Comment

i liked it, mostly. i did think it was too drawn out, but in my usual cynicism i assume that was so they could make more money. Us poor gullible fans, that will buy anything that comes out! (this coming from someone who collects star wars books, lol.) i liked the ending, i liked the character development of Tahiri, and i thought it was cool how we spend a lot of time with the Solo children, because they're largely left out of the previous novels. Speaking of which...did anyone else cry when they read Star By Star ? It was so sad!

Comment

No, I started cussing. They should rewrite the NJO series without killing off characters and have it in less than 10 books.

My deviantART profile

Comment

So far, I've actually liked it alot. I finished reading Star by Star (which was pretty darn good), and I'm familiar with the rest of the storyline, but I haven't actually gotten around to finishing off the series yet. Need to do that sometime. But so far, my absolute favorite book from the series was Vector Prime, if only just because I thought it was such a powerful and original beginning to the entire arc.
                              There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

Comment

Working...
                              X