Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm back to the Transporter question again!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm back to the Transporter question again!

I started a thread the other day about Transporter Rings i.e. who invented them; the Ancients or the Goa'uld. Well I was doing some pondering on the subject of the races with transport capability and came up with a few questions.

To me, site to site transportation is a pretty amazing feat. Doing it the way the asgard do is event more amazing. So I started thinking, how many races have transport capability? Here's my rantings:

1) The Aschen can do transport using some sort of platform for stations. I find the fact that they can have this capability extremely troubling, since they are only supposed to be a hundred or so years ahead of us. To me their transporter technology seems more advanced than the Rings (The Rings still look cooler though).

2) Those Aliens from "Martin's" world, they were supposivly defeated by the Goa'uld. They had a site-site transporter system without they aid of a sending station, looked like the Asgard flavor to me. Why didn't the Goa'ould steal that technology.

3) The Tollans.... no transportation capability - what a let down! They could build thier own stargate but couldn't build a transportation system!?

Beyond that I know the Aliens in Scorched Earth had the Asgard style transportation. I think that's it though. So in closing, I'd just like to point out again that Martin's Race appears to have more advanced transportation capability than Ancients on Atlantis as well.

What does everyone else think about this?

Maybe the Ancients use rings, and physical objects to transport and transmit the signals because it's actually better then just the beaming technology Martin's race used? (which by the way, was reminiscent of original series Star Trek transporter technology). The Asgard could be the only ones who can utilize it correctly at this time or something? I don't know. Just a theory.
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by LordMartin
      1) The Aschen can do transport using some sort of platform for stations. I find the fact that they can have this capability extremely troubling, since they are only supposed to be a hundred or so years ahead of us. To me their transporter technology seems more advanced than the Rings (The Rings still look cooler though).
      The distances they cover with those though are short enough that the speed of light isn't put to shame too much. The rings definately look AND sound cooler

2) Those Aliens from "Martin's" world, they were supposivly defeated by the Goa'uld. They had a site-site transporter system without they aid of a sending station, looked like the Asgard flavor to me. Why didn't the Goa'ould steal that technology.
      Martin did have the remote control for those. Might be something like *Spoilers-Highlight yada yada*like when the NID/The trust use Asgard transport technology to beam aboard the Al'kesh, they have to use the transponders

3) The Tollans.... no transportation capability - what a let down! They could build thier own stargate but couldn't build a transportation system!?
      I agree that is a bit of a letdown. They can walk through walls though so I guess it doesnt matter that much. They can measure distances "as a crow flies" or in their case "as a Tollan walks"...

And was it just me or do the transporters in Atlantis sound like when the rings first start to come out? I guess that could mean that the Ancients built the rings too

EDIT: Out of the 3, I think the asgard beam works. Goes along with the "Beam me up Scotty!" a bit better, and it seems to work faster than waiting for the rings to come down/up.

Comment

Originally posted by AusGater
        And was it just me or do the transporters in Atlantis sound like when the rings first start to come out? I guess that could mean that the Ancients built the rings too
        Of course the rings were built by the ancients These examples prove it without question. There were rings:

-In the Antarctic Outpost
        -In the city in "Fallen" Or...homecoming....or whichever.
        -In the Ancient Fortress in 'Metamorphasis' (You could tell that the entire place was built by the ancients because of the design of one of the metal divider. It matched that seen in 'The Lost City')

Then Daniel made a comment about there having to been a set of rings in the Antarctic outpost because the builders of the place were... The Ancients!

Oh. And yes, It's the same sound effect, which I think is really cool
        Last edited by Mio; 27 October 2004, 03:11 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Togar had a rather nifty looking transporter as well. I personally think that the Asgard know a LOT about subspace and other dimensions. Think about it, how else do you scan somebodies molecules through a solid wall? I think that they probably take you apart like the Gate, except with no event horison. When Carter used the hologram thingy, there was no physical projector on the other ship to project her image. I know that it wasnt projected into Jack and Teal'c's minds, since the enemy Jaffa could see her, so where was the hologram being transmitted from??? If light can go through subspace (hyperspace, whatever), then they could beam the hologram through the hole to immerge on the other side. Easy as YELLOW PIE!
          [email protected]
          http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
          One nation under dog
          There of which I stand alone
          A face in the crowd
          Unsung, against the mold
          Without a doubt
          Singled out
          The only way I know

Comment

To me, the Aschen transporters looked like the next step up from the ring transporters.
            Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
              To me, the Aschen transporters looked like the next step up from the ring transporters.
              Maybe the had a ring platform to reverse engineer.
              sigpic

Comment

I started a thread the other day about Transporter Rings i.e. who invented them; the Ancients or the Goa'uld. Well I was doing some pondering on the subject of the races with transport capability and came up with a few questions.

To me, site to site transportation is a pretty amazing feat. Doing it the way the asgard do is event more amazing. So I started thinking, how many races have transport capability? Here's my rantings:

Beyond that I know the Aliens in Scorched Earth had the Asgard style transportation. I think that's it though. So in closing, I'd just like to point out again that Martin's Race appears to have more advanced transportation capability than Ancients on Atlantis as well.

What does everyone else think about this?
                Like you said, the Aschen had site-to-site transport tech that was basically the same as the rings without the rings. They might have stole this technology, like many think the Goa'uld did, or they may have modified some old Ancient tech. Perhaps they retro-engineered rings from an old Goa'uld planet or an old Ancient outpost they encountered? Their transporters were not any more advanced than teh rings, however, just ringless.

The Asgard have very advanced transporters, like you stated. The Gadmeer were the race who were in "Scorched Earth". I think you're right, they had Asgard like transporters. Anyone remember what they looked like, the Gadmeer? Kinda like the Independence Day aliens, if I remember, right?

The people in Martin's race had transporters? Damn, I missed that part. I don't remember that episode. If they did, you're right, the Goa'uld would have taken that tech or something. Weird. what where they like?

The Wraith, in SGA, have transporters that appear to be on the same level as the Asgard. From their dart ships, they can beam up humans for feeding and send them to the hive ship, nearby.

I think the aliens from "Prisoners' had transport technology too, but maybe I'm forgetting...did they?

I still think the Goa'uld modified Ancient stargate tech to get the rings since both the rings and transport closets on Atlantis appear to be less advanced than the Aschen and Asgard transporters, and if they are more advanced than the others, they should have more advanced transporters.

Oh, yeah, we know the Furlings had some sort of transport device in "Paradise Lost", which transported O'Neill and Maybourne from the planet to that moon.

Also, the Nox probably have transporter tech since they have to get to their floating city somehow, and it didn't appear that they had ships.

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                  Somewhere between the Rings and The Asgard tech.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Working...
                  X