• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Hub (409)

Visit the Episode GuideBATTLESTAR GALACTICA SEASON FOUR
    THE HUB
    EPISODE NUMBER - 409

As the Colonials and Cylon rebels plan their attack on the Resurrection Hub, President Roslin tries to get the hybrid to explain her dream.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 25 April 2011, 04:30 PM.

This episode was fantastic. Helo betrayed the Cylons, but he wasn't too particularly happy about it. The thing is though, that was their ship... you don't betray somebody on their ship, Roslin should know that.

Helo seemed really shocked by the sight of the deactivated Eights. Though, if I were him, I'd feel pretty happy about now... an entire army of eights.
    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Helo's never happy about following orders, it seems. Oh, the woes of the only one with a moral conscience...

Good episode. I haven't been a weepy fangirl for a while, and it felt good to get back to my roots.
      Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
      sigpic

Comment

Oh my god(s) what an amazing ep.

Show of hands who else cried?

counts on fingers:
        when the cylon hub was destroyed
        when Roslin "died"
        when Roslin was desperately trying to save Baltar
        the end

Baltar was frakking hilarious, wow.....and the line to Roslin about being the final five had me laughing like crazy. Definitely a Jane Espensen ep.

"About time" indeed. I need to continue to gather my thoughts on this one- I LOVED seeing Elosha back.

Comment

D'Anna SOOO punked Roslin. That was frakkin' HILARIOUS!

Comment

Overall good episode. The Cylons/Galactica crew stationed onboard the basestar 's reactions to working with each other were golden.

I thought that the conversation between baltar and the centurion was good, except it seemed almost pointless when the centurion was killed afterwards. The only good it would do if the "centurion" was saved somehow, otherwise it was just a funny filler.

I thought that Roslyn's worrying about baltar was out of character, but with her "shaking" and stuff, it could have been a side effect of her meds.

I had to laugh at D'anna's temporarily fooling roslyn with her being a cylon. It fooled me as well despite the heavy talk against her being one.

(I wonder if Adama will behave exactly the same way when Roslyn really dies as he did in her vision?)

Spoiler:
            (NEXT WEEK: Adama finding out that tigh is a cylon and punching a mirror, along with lee almost airlocking his superior officer is what I am looking forward to the most next week. The reason I am not excited about them finding earth is because it will obviously be abandoned.)

Though I hope they touch down in Memphis, it will be nice to see what the ruins of my city looks like)
            Ani Ohev Eretz Yisrael V'Chol Hakavod L'Tzahal.
            -----------------------------------------------
            I support Israel, my home, and my Jewish bretheren fully and with all my heart. I wish everyone I know in Tzahal health and safety!

Is loving the best addition to the Stargate Saga, known as Universe!

Comment

The past 2 episodes have been nothing but a Roslin/Adama shippers paradise. It took the writers two episodes to reveal to us that they love each other.

But I have to say that, when Roslin with Baltar that was good acting and I was surprised that he revealed his part in the cylon attack. But I'm annoyed as hell at the crazy religious Baltar, I liked the Baltar the slept with anything that moved much better.

Its interesting to me that it is the humans that aren't being trustworthy and the cylons are the ones that have kept their part of the bargain. After the entire series of the humans saying how untrustworthy and how evil the cylons are, it is the humans that are actually the untrustworthy ones.

After 2 fairly slow episodes, I hope next week pays off since it is going to be the last episode until 2009 at least.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                This episode was fantastic. Helo betrayed the Cylons, but he wasn't too particularly happy about it. The thing is though, that was their ship... you don't betray somebody on their ship, Roslin should know that.

Helo seemed really shocked by the sight of the deactivated Eights. Though, if I were him, I'd feel pretty happy about now... an entire army of eights.
                I love seeing the prediction that another poster made of the eights remembering being Athena being correct. Hah, that was uncomfortable.

Comment

Christ, and I thought I posted fast.

1- I'm upset that Helo actually went through with the Pres.'s order, looks like it could honestly shaft the whole relationship in the side of the head. It's a very tender subject, too, looking at the meeting everyone had, so I'm curious how that'll all end up.

2- No Leoben air time!? Why isn't he a pilot?

3- "About time" is right. I'm glad the Pres got over her trifle little "I don't want to love anyone" crap, but it was dissapointing in the fact that the preview made that relationship suddenly shatter.

4- Why on earth would Kara and Lee comfort each other when the Pres dies like that? =3= Honestleh.

5- I like the new sense of mortality for the cylons; it seems very real, very true, and, quite frankly, like they're hitting rock bottom with the rest of humanity, although the whole race is more similar than they care to admit. I'm curious as to why humans can't understand that everything they use is also a cylon, alive and breathing.

6- I seriously thought Roslin was going to kill Gebus. I was laughing so impecably hard when he told her, that my sides hurt, because she was SHAKING with anger. It was a very well acted moment. I was enthused, enthralled, and happy.

7- BEST part of the whole episode; Diana telling the Pres she was a cylon. I was like, falling off the couch rolling on the floor laughing hysterically because of her face, basically screaming "WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?" Well played, well played.

The episodes seem very melo-dramatic and ill now, like they're all leading up to a predictable end, although I have no idea who the final five are (I do not believe Tory, Chief, or Anders are cylons)

Comment

Probably because half the orders that he's given are completely against Adama's preaching about deserving to live/exist. He was also one of the first characters to let go of the entire Cylon/human thing. Though I think this episode did disturb him a little bit.

Spoiler:
                    Am I the only one that finds it strange that despite all the loyalty the Final Five have shown the fleet and the human race in general, they come very close to being airlocked? And why the frak wasn't Anders in the airlock too, or did I miss that?! Oh, wait, he's Kara Thrace's boytoy, never mind.

****, sorry.
                    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Arative View Post
                      But I have to say that, when Roslin with Baltar that was good acting and I was surprised that he revealed his part in the cylon attack. But I'm annoyed as hell at the crazy religious Baltar, I liked the Baltar the slept with anything that moved much better.
                      And how has that changed? In case you are forgetting he has his own "nymph squad".

Comment

*hears all the shippers shout out with Joy*

yeah that was pretty much what i got out of the ending

any ways I loved the Baltar, Rosalin scene as well as her ''death'' so to speak it though i was shocked that Baltar even admitied his role in the first place~

I loved how Xenabot also put Rosalin in her place by refusing to say anything about the 5 and her little joke about Rosalin

also watching the Hub blow up was well pretty so to speak

Comment

Great show tonight. Man, when I saw what is coming next week. I was like wow!
                          Spoiler:
                          They find another world that maybe Earth and the crew knows about the final five. The s*** is going to hit the wall. They land on the planet and no one is there.
                          I can't wait till next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                            And how has that changed? In case you are forgetting he has his own "nymph squad".
                            He wasn't a crazy religious person? I guess I liked the narcissistic Baltar more than the religious one?

Comment

Good episode. The confession of Baltar was priceless. So was Laura being told she's a cylon. Note that D'anna didn't say she wasn't, either And watching Baltar try to convert the Centurion... very nice.

BTW, I wish to reiterate again my annoyance at previews. Ever since early in the series, I have been avoiding the previews/teasers, after having stuff spoiled (like Cally going out the launch tube). Just for kicks, I looked at last weeks teaser after watching The Hub. They completely spoiled the D'anna telling Laura she's a cylon thing. I am so glad I did not see that teaser. It would have totally ruined a very unexpected moment (no one expects such a reveal on this episode, they're obviously going to play that card at a opportune moment).

What goes on in the mind of the SciFi teaser-making crew? Why do they insist on spoiling future episodes like that? I've been adverse to watching SciFi recently for fear of a BSG ad showing up spoiling something. It's not like their fan base is going to be increased significantly at this point regardless of what they put in the teasers/ads, and we fans don't need those kinds of "grab you" teasers to keep watching. All they do is spoil it for us and make people like me avoid their channel for fear of spoilerage. Very strange thinking on their part.

Comment

Working...
                              X