Faith (406)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
    i wonder if mary really cut her hair????
    Doubt it. She did have her normal beautiful hair in the dream scene.

And I love that next week, judging by the preview
    Spoiler:
    we have more opera house visions!

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
      Poor Gaeta. If he does he and Tigh can wander around like pirates together.
      Hahaha....I laughed

Great episode, loved every minute of it. The only spot where it dragged a little was the gun-to-Six's-head standoff, but the scene wasn't terribly long anyway so it's forgivable. I'm also getting generally annoyed with the death-a-week business. I'm quite literally going into each episode every week trying to guess who will buy it this time. Point is....it's becoming an extremely predictable plot point, something that Galactica's never been known for and really doesn't suit.

The hybrid stuff was pretty terrific. Nice to have some clarification from her, 'the missing Three will lead you to the five whose home is of the 13th' or however it was exactly. Can't wait to see Xena again, I was disappointed when she got boxed. I wonder if she'll know who all five are, or if she'll only out the one she apologized to in the Temple of Five (since that's the only one she seemed to recognize). Also very cool that this hybrid repeated the message of the one in Razor. I wonder how they'll treat it, as a serious danger or as Cylon bull****?

I was very happy to see more of Anders for a change too. We've seen so much of Saul and the Chief for the last few weeks and near-zero screen time with Anders. I don't know why he'd be so hesitant to put his hand in the watery controls.... I'm sure every colonial who's been on a Basestar has stuck their hand in the water to see if anything happens. And if the ship went berserk, who cares, he could just say the ship is damaged and has no idea what he touched.

Nana Visitor's guest appearance was nice too. As usual she played her role to perfection, and the teeth prosthetics she was wearing were fabulous as well. Besides that, she provided a very nice plot point for Roslin to start coming around re: Baltar. Previously, I couldn't even conceive of any kind of reconciliation there.

Can't say I have any love for children or child actors in general, but I can't wait for next week. How will the old man react when a crippled and half-wrecked Basestar jumps into the vicinity of the fleet?
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

lol no comments about jupiter and the ship of lights?

Comment

Originally posted by Berg417448 View Post
          I have suspected for quite some time that the name of the 13th Tribe was Cylon. It is the only tribe that we have not been told the name of.
          That's curious - haven't the RTF called it "Earth," based on Pythia, since the miniseries? Maybe they came up with a different name for themselves in the millennia since then or something.
          Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by daniel9 View Post
            Good point, I forgot about that.

Regarding the ship of lights, I can't remember when she first mentioned that. Was it when she arrived back at the fleet, before this whole Demetrius (mis)adventure? Her having painted really doesn't mean much though, if Leoben had just come from there and was then helping her paint it. Means something if she'd mentioned it before, but like I said I can't remember.

Was the gas giant Jupiter? I know she'd said gas giant before, but as far as we know (in RL I mean) gas giants are pretty common...
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Snow View Post
              That's curious - haven't the RTF called it "Earth," based on Pythia, since the miniseries? Maybe they came up with a different name for themselves in the millennia since then or something.
              They called the planet Earth but the tribe has never been named.

Comment

kinda cool that the cylons might guide the fleet to earth
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Anders Shot L!... ok he shot L's english voice actor thats almost as bad!

I quite liked this episode alot for reasons people have already discussed

im surprised the 8's didnt bring up what happened with Boomer to Athena when they confronter her

also the whole painting/base star was very ship of lightish more so than anything else in the season so far...

Comment

They called the planet Earth but the tribe has never been named.
                    you know i never thought of this before. we really don't know the name ...
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I thought the "ship of lights" was the damaged cylon base ship.

Comment

I have suspected for quite some time that the name of the 13th Tribe was Cylon. It is the only tribe that we have not been told the name of.
                        Does that mean that the 13th tribe was all Cylon (as in robotic) and created the 5 to infiltrate the 12 tribes and it just so happens that the humans had created their robotic version of Cylon's who in turn created 7 skin jobs?

I just don't see how the final 5 can be from Earth and be part of the 12 models of skinjob Cylon's.

Comment

Well.... where to start

[1a] We get the conclusion to the Demetrious arc
                          [1b] We get an Roslin arc that deals with her and another person suffering
                          terminal cancer

But onto the review

This week's episode is chock full of surprises, resolutions and revelations

Starbuck, Leoben, Sam, Athena and one other officer jump to the location of the base ship - Remember all the paintings Kara's been makin well it seems she sees things before they happen. Parts of the hybrid from Razor are continuing to fall into place for the human race and the Cylon. The hybrid on
                          the damaged base ship hits Kara and the viewer with a massive revelation.
                          "You are the Harbinger of Death Kara Thrace you will lead them all to their end" is a direct quote from Razor. And the grand father of wtf is: The 5 are from the 13 Colony that the fleets been lookin for since day 1.

The cancer story in the episode that centered on Roslin and another women
                          suffering through the last stages of her life was handled well I thought. Which makes it all harder I thought given that my opinion is that Roslin's coming passing is what might unhinge the Admiral.

The 13 colonies were expelled from Kobal

- 12 formed the 12 colonies of man
                          - The 13th colonied Earth
                          - The 12 colonied created the 1st Cylon generation 40+ years ago
                          - The Humanoid Cylon's were created at some point before or during CW 1
                          - The Ice planet that Husker crashed on during the last day of the war was possibly where experiments were conducted to create the Navigational center
                          for future base ships {Hybrids}

Final Thoughts: If The 5 are from Earth and as Ron Moore has said in an article and the like that the 5 are fundamentally different from the 7 then
                          that means....

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                            Nana Visitor's guest appearance was nice too. As usual she played her role to perfection, and the teeth prosthetics she was wearing were fabulous as well. Besides that, she provided a very nice plot point for Roslin to start coming around re: Baltar. Previously, I couldn't even conceive of any kind of reconciliation there.

Can't say I have any love for children or child actors in general, but I can't wait for next week. How will the old man react when a crippled and half-wrecked Basestar jumps into the vicinity of the fleet?
                            Nana Visitor just plain owns. I only wish she could have a appeared more, but she was a wonderfully developed character for such a brief role- that could have been simply a plot device. And the fact that I buy Roslin starting to question Baltar's teachings.....I certainly wouldn't have believed that possible last week. I just continue to be extremely fascinated by this whole religious belief storyline.

Regarding children- was there a child in next week's preview? I don't recall one.
                            Originally posted by Lady Snow View Post
                            What's "RTF"?

I can already tell that this is going to be one of those episodes that I'm going to get hung up on the DVDs when they come out and just keep going back to rewatch.....

Comment

Was that Jupiter? I didn't really recognize it as Jupiter. My first thought when they flashed on the painting is that the Cylon's were tricking Kara by staging the scene she painted.

Comment

Originally posted by Arative View Post
                                Does that mean that the 13th tribe was all Cylon (as in robotic) and created the 5 to infiltrate the 12 tribes and it just so happens that the humans had created their robotic version of Cylon's who in turn created 7 skin jobs?

I just don't see how the final 5 can be from Earth and be part of the 12 models of skinjob Cylon's.
                                The 13th might have been both human and cylon. The final 5 are likely part of a previous cycle of Cylon. "All of this has happened before and will happen again".
                                Remember back in season one when boomer said that the Cylons know more about the human's religion than they do? I think the Cylons have some limited knowledge about the existence of the 5 from the previous ages. This might explain why the Cylons decided to find Earth themselves and make it their new home.

Comment

Working...
                                X