No announcement yet.

Faith (406)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I rewatched Faith yesterday, and I noticed something. It was small, but very interesting.

Faith was really a followup episode for Anders. It was his coming to terms with what he was. Sure, there was the whole hand in the water thing he was going to try and do... and good lord knows what would've happened if he had. What I found interesting was the whole scene after Barolay was killed. Now I've said before that I don't believe the Final Five can harm each other, and that could be related to:

Warning for potential spoiler
    Spoiler:
    If its true that the Cylons on Earth had it out, they may have programmed themselves never to harm each other.

But what was more interesting, was how he handled the whole situation. At first, he "wanted" to kill her, and was most likely programmed not to. Later though, he reacts verbally to the Six's claims of Barolay's sadism. The interesting thing here to point out is, he was the enabler for Barolay's sadistic tendencies. He was partially responsible of that Six's pain. Had he not suggested that they make their deaths (Cylons) as miserable as possible, that Six would not have attacked Barolay, and Barolay would still be alive. Moreso, that Six would not have drowned in the septic tank.

It was his coming to terms with what he was. And may have explained the later event on the baseship, with the Eights. He was seeking redemption. Which leads me to believe that Anders is perhaps the single most perfect cylon among the twelve.
    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

ok some1 explain why the hell the centurion opened fire on the 8 who was about to unplug the hybrid

sure the centurions now have free will but it's not like the 8 was trying to kill the hybrid
      (and even if she did try to kill her, does this mean the centurions value the hybrids above the other models ?)

in fact this doesn't even make sense - this is a "cylon vs cylon" thing, why would a centurion intervene ? (especially intervene using lethal force)

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
        ok some1 explain why the hell the centurion opened fire on the 8 who was about to unplug the hybrid

sure the centurions now have free will but it's not like the 8 was trying to kill the hybrid
        (and even if she did try to kill her, does this mean the centurions value the hybrids above the other models ?)

in fact this doesn't even make sense - this is a "cylon vs cylon" thing, why would a centurion intervene ? (especially intervene using lethal force)
        They saw the hybrid as equal. They killed the eight because she was attacking the hybrid. Sort of like shooting a rapist attacking some woman.
        http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Working...
        X