No announcement yet.

The Road Less Traveled (405)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, this isn’t directed at any post in particular, but reading some of the opinions about the season made me think…(and if someone already touched base on this, I apologize, I just got the spark in my head and wanted to get it out there before finishing the rest of the posts.)
    I have this feeling that season 4 will be much more enjoyable on the DVD’s rather than watching week to week. The whole “big picture” thing seems like it’s playing out now, only watching week by week makes it much harder to take in, as it makes the progress seem even slower than it actually is. Thinking of the past episodes, and especially taking in the preview for the next one, I really think the problem is the 7 day wait in between. I’m tempted to wait and watch them after they’ve all aired. (Curiosity will probably get the better of me, but it’s still a thought.)

I don’t really have much new to add about this episode other than I wish I would have waited to watch it until just before the next one aired.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
      3. Problem on Starbuck's end is that I suspect she's on the money one way or another...
      That's the great thing- she is, and as viewers we sympathize with that and want her to have her way to find earth. But look at it objectively and it's insane! Going on gut instinct "feelings" and finger paintings? Why would anyone follow that nut-job? So looking at it from that angle I want them all to get the frak away from this. But watching the show, I do really want them to follow and trust Starbuck and her finger painting and find earth because I care so much about the character and the finger painting is very cool. I love that as a viewer I can have two opposing opinions on so many aspects of the show and both are "right".
      Originally posted by pynapl View Post
      Ok, this isn’t directed at any post in particular, but reading some of the opinions about the season made me think…(and if someone already touched base on this, I apologize, I just got the spark in my head and wanted to get it out there before finishing the rest of the posts.)
      I have this feeling that season 4 will be much more enjoyable on the DVD’s rather than watching week to week. The whole “big picture” thing seems like it’s playing out now, only watching week by week makes it much harder to take in, as it makes the progress seem even slower than it actually is. Thinking of the past episodes, and especially taking in the preview for the next one, I really think the problem is the 7 day wait in between. I’m tempted to wait and watch them after they’ve all aired. (Curiosity will probably get the better of me, but it’s still a thought.)

I don’t really have much new to add about this episode other than I wish I would have waited to watch it until just before the next one aired.
      I kinda agree. But I'm someone who loves a good slow build-up- in some ways I dread the "answers"- who the cylon is, where Earth is, when will Roslin die, because it means we're so close to the end. I feel like I could just spend forever watching these characters. But we're at the point now where five eps in the viewers are on edge waiting for the payoff, so hopefully we'll get something juicy tonight.

It'll be amazing to watch on DVD- I found that the second half of season three felt slow when it aired because of the standalones, but on DVD I absolutely loved going through them in a couple of days- I couldn't stop. I just find that whenever I put BSG into my DVD player, I can't stick to just one episode- I end up watching two or three.....or more. It just sucks me in no matter how many times I've seen it.

Comment

I watched the 2nd half of s3 on DVD, too. Being back-to-back (and right before s4) made it flow very nicely.
        Holding out on s4 until I can do that.... it's just too hard to resist. Must. Watch. Now.

Comment

podcast for this ep is up

Comment

Working...
          X