if you were a script writer....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
    If I were a script writer for Atlantis... Rodney would discover a daughter he never knew existed and she would be as brilliant as her father. Not to mention the spitting image of said father, right down to her blue eyes.
    Spoiler:

If I were a script writer for SG-1/SGA... Jack would have a neice who would accidentally find out about the Stargate Program during it's first year of operation and thus join and become a member of SG-1, at only 14yrs old; with permission from the president of course. She would drop out of school and be tutored by Daniel, Sam, Janet, Teal'c and yes, even her uncle Jack while going on missions, sparring/training with Teal'c and helping Daniel with translations. She'd be kind of like his assistant. She'd learn a lot from him. This would go on until her uncle's second promotion, to Major General, and his new job in DC where he would head up Homeworld Security. After, of course, commanding the SGC for a year. This would eventually lead to the disbanding of SG-1. Sam would go to Area 51 for R&D and Teal'c would gate to Dakara for Jaffa peace talks. Daniel, however, would reamain at SGC to do research and prepare for his first trip to Atlantis; whose location was discoverd when her uncle went ancienty for the second time. He never got there, thanks to Vala and her Goa'uld bracelets. She would then meet Col. Cameron Mitchell, the soon to be new leader of SG-1, hand picked by her uncle. In Mitchell's attempt to "get the band back together" he would ask, beg and plead with Sam, Teal'c, and Daniel to rejoin the team but not her, thus prompting her decision to transfer to Atlantis. Once there she would become part of Sheppard's team and again be ensconced in missions, briefings and training/sparring matches. She got on famously with Rodney whom she met way back when Teal'c was stuck in the Stargate. She liked him even then. Due to the fact that she has the ATA gene she sort of became Rodney's guinnie pig. Activating ancient devices and such for him. She also did a good amount of translating Ancient as well as other languages for Rodney. Even though he could read the language he didn't always have time to translate every word on every device, well, the ones with writing on 'em that is. A device was discovered that due to the fact that hers and Rodney's hands were on it when it activated caused a link to form between them. An emotional/mental link that meant that when one of them was sick or injured or upset the other one felt it. Thus strengthening the bond they already shared. This link/bond would be significantly changed, for the better, when Carson discovers a similarity in their blood during a routine blood test. Carson would then run a DNA Matching test which would show as close a match as he had ever seen. A 99.9% match which only meant one thing. Dr. Meredith Rodney McKay was her father.
    Um, is it sad that I've had this in my head for, like, a year?
    Not at all, RIG! I only came to SG fandom in May last year. The first idea I had has still not been written...
    Originally posted by ~beach chick~ View Post
    I absolutely agree with everything you said. I'd do the exact same thing if I was a writer. Why make all of these unnecessary changes? Things couldn't have been better the way they were in season three.

Anyways...If I was a writer for Atlantis, I'd also show the men's locker room. I'd also have the team find a device that turns them into children for a day or shrinks them. That would be interesting to see what they would do in situations like that.
    The shrinking idea has been on my plot bunny list for a few weeks now
    Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
    If I were a script writer... there would be more Rodney whump
    Most definitely!

If I was a script writer for Atlantis... all my fanfics would be canon and would have been filmed as actual episodes (there's enough fodder in there for at least 70 more episodes if you like a lot of McKay Puddle Jumper whumping, that is!)
    McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Comment

*revives thread... again*

If I was a scriptwriter...

Carson would have just been a little singed from the exploding tumor... not dead!
      sigpic
      Sig by ME.

Comment

If I were a script writer, I would re-introduce Jonas into SG-1. Not that I have a grudge on Daniel, but Jonas was cool too... I was sad to see him (have to) leave.
        My fanfic link (adult content!)

Always...

Comment

If I were a script writer Rodney would have had an allergic reaction (w/anaphylactic shock) so that Shep and Co. would see that his allergy is no laughing matter.
          sigpic
          Sig by ME.

Comment

If I were a script writer for both SG1 and SGA, I would have found a way to save Janet Fraiser and Elisabeth, they did the most stupid thing when they cut those two out
            My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
            sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Elizabeth i agree, but they did a surprisingly good job killing Janet that i can agree with it

I think they saw "Wow! People hated that we killed her, but they LOVE the episode! Maybe we need to kill MORE!"

And Liz and Carson were the next on teh chopping block

Of course... They reattached Carson's head and gave Elizabeth a robotic one

Comment

If I were a script writer for SGA... I would write a scene that took place in an Atlantis bathroom. I've always wondered what they looked like, how the Ancients designed them.

I do remember seeing Rodney taking a bubble bath. Just wish they showed him getting out of the tub...
                Spoiler:
                SO WE COULD'VE SEEN WHAT THE REST OF THE BATHROOM LOOKED LIKE!
                sigpic
                Sig by ME.

Comment

If I were a script writer for SG1...DANIEL WOULD NOT HAVE DIED AT THE END OF SEASON 5.
                  sigpic
                  Sig by ME.

Comment

If I were a script writer for any SG show then I would like to be a "creative consultant" in the writers room.

But back to seriousness. If I were a script writer then I wouldn't bring back a previously written out fan favorite character only for a short cameo at the end of the episode as a cliffhanger.
                    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

If i were a scrptwriter for any SG show I would be tempted to make my head-canon canon but the other writers would probably barf at that idea so that would not happening then.
                      Last edited by Ascended Jonas; 08 February 2020, 11:55 AM.

Comment

If I were a script writer for SGA there would have been a Wraith on Sheppard's gate team, who would have saved the team form danger more than once
                        Last edited by DarkenLycht; 08 February 2020, 01:12 PM.

Comment

If I were a script writer for SG1 and SGA there would have been more crossover episodes.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by ME.

Comment

I'd go for that, Rodney.

If I were a scriptwriter for the show, I'd drop little mentions of single use characters into the scripts to make them more well-rounded.

Seaboe
                            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Az'ryel View Post
                              If I were a script writer for SGA there would have been a Wraith on Sheppard's gate team, who would have saved the team form danger more than once
                              If we could get a season 6 or an Atlantis movie and I am guessing Jason Momoa would never return (maybe as a producer) then Todd could replace him on the team.

If I were a scriptwriter for the show, I would make sure the main plot is not written down in mission profiles like with Stargate : Origins - Catherine.
                              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                                If we could get a season 6 or an Atlantis movie and I am guessing Jason Momoa would never return (maybe as a producer) then Todd could replace him on the team.

If I were a scriptwriter for the show, I would make sure the main plot is not written down in mission profiles like with Stargate : Origins - Catherine.
                                Is it strange I liked both, Ronon and the Wraith characters we had in the show?

If I were a script writer for SGA there would have been an episode with a planet that is a world like a medieval fantasy fiction, with dragons, knights and fairies and such

Comment

Working...
                                X