Alternate Universe Virtual Fleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternate Universe Virtual Fleet

Right this isn't supposed to be any sort of knock off to the GWF its supposed to be a completely origional idea that i'm seeing if anyone wants to take on so if anyone thinks this is just a stupid rip off just read the history.

HISTORY IN SPOILERS
    Spoiler:
    On January 13th 2007 the Ori attacked earth. Out forces held them off for as long as they could but the result was inevitable. It took 4 days before the Ori gained control and in this time, we were able to evacuate around 5000 people through the stargate to the Pegasus galaxy before they took over the SGC. Another 2300 people managed to escape onboard the Odyssey, Daedalus and the half finished Apollo that barely made it off the planted with only 40% of all systems operational.

Once the Ori had taken control of Earth they focussed on destroying the remaining Jaffa. SG-1 came back to the Milky Way to help fit a number of Jaffa ships with hyperdrives capable of reaching the Pegasus galaxy. They managed to get 12 ha’tak and several al’kesh class out of reach of the Ori safely in the Pegasus galaxy, before they were eventually killed on a small Jaffa trading planet.

A month after the Evacuation trades were successfully set up with several planets over the galaxy for food and supplies in exchange for help to defend themselves from the Wraith. A month and a half later they began to start focussing on planetary defence and building a fleet in case the Wraith ever found them, and possibly one day to take the fight to them.

3 months in considering the circumstances the Survivors were doing pretty good. They had begun operations on the main land and had begun building a shipyard. After a while it was realised that current weapons were no match for the Wraith and that research into energy weapons. The target was to have working prototype plasma cannons at least 20% the power of a goa’uld hat’ak plasma cannon was to be ready before the construction of the shipyard was complete.

After 2 months with no progress it was decided they had to get their hands on something to study. At team was sent to a know Wraith stronghold. They were able to come away with one of there cruisers just before they were detected. Immediately scientists began working with the cruisers weapons systems. They began making slow progress and then turned to the Goa’uld variant. Finally another month later they had devised a prototype based on Goa’uld and Wraith design. The first prototype worked better than expected producing fire 30% the amount of a goa’uld cannon.

The Shipyard finished a year after the beginning of the project and produced the first Daedalus class, the Phoenix with energy weapons 2 months later. The Ship performed excellently in the first battle managing to destroy 2 wraith cruisers with ease.

After a year of producing Daedalus class ships it was decided that building a fleet of only 1 class of ship wouldn’t be very effective. So they began start designing s variety of different classes.

So if anyones willing to take this on I'm hoping to do voting for:
    Dreadnaught
    Battle Carrier
    Battle Cruiser
    Cruiser
    Destroyer
    Frigate
    Corvette
    Gunship
    Science vessel
    Exploration Vessel

Feedback will be very much apreciated and if i get aenough people to join if anyone at all i will post the tech list for weapons shields and so on.

tech list.

Spoiler:
    naquahdah reactors:
    mark 1:
    commonly used naquadhah generators. latest version has 150% powergeneration than the standard version.
    mark Ia:
    used to power the x-699. is usd for portable plasma rifles.
    1% of a mark 1[still about 2000% of your average car battery]
    mark II:
    600% of a standard. is in constant barely-controlled overload.
    on normal mode it generates 200% of a standard version

mark III:
    newest batch. larger reactor. is often carried on a MALP chassis.
    400% of a standard version.
    used to power atlantis, 304.

mark IV:
    highly advanced reactor. common onboard ships larger than a 304.
    800% of a standard one.
    mark V:
    under development

protection:
    hulls vary. steel and titanium are mostly in it, due to naquahdah and trinium being scarce.

shields:
    mark I
    deadalus/prometheus level of asgard shields

mark II:
    latest versons, including mckay's upgrades [tao of rodney]
    150% of a mark I. generator is 120% larger.

offensive:
    railguns:
    20mm. anti fighter.
    50mm. anti minor ships
    100mm. very powerfull version. anti wraith.

plasma weapons:
    mark I. first functional weapon. fighter style. 90% of a deathglider version
    mark II. heavier version. 50% of a hatak.
    mark III capital cannon. 120% of a hatak.
    mark IV wraith based cannons. 200% of a hatak. latest version. quite hard to produce.

Missiles

-AIM-54E - Space-Varient of the AIM-54 ECCM/Sealed; long-range missile used by smaller ships for BVR (Beyond Visual Range) engagements

-AIM-120F AM/S - Space-Varient of the AIM-120E Advanced Missile; typical WVR (Within Visual Range) combat missile for smaller ships

-SM-3S - Standard Missile 3 Space-Varient; used on most larger ships

-SM-3S/B - A SM-3S varient designed to hold a Mk. IX warhead

-MIKV-1; Horizon Weapons Platform - An MIKV (Multiple Independant Kill Vehicle) that carries 4 decoys and 6 Mk. IX warheads in individual SM-3S/B missiles

Ships

Spoiler:

Aurora class dreadnaught
    Daedalus class battlecruiser
    Serpent class Frigate
    Washington class corvette
    Last edited by dboy-2007; 25 April 2008, 08:18 AM.

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

annother fleet thread. but hey. atleast you put effort in it.
    im wondering though. the x-699 was already a succes. why cant they build a similar thing. also:
    what sg1 episodes are cannon and wich arent? did unending happen? is it possible for the asgard to contact us and give is new tech?

we need more info

Comment

new name: perhaps stargate galaxies?[as opposed to a fleet like gateworld virtual fleet]

Comment

Quick note, unless the people were stored in the beam buffers, the Odyssey's life support would never support that.

Comment

2300 people on 3 ships. thats 600 each ship. seeing as how much storage room a 304 has, 200/300 people extra should be no problem. but i think the history is a bit strange. first: why didnt the asgard help? i think a few oneills could easily transport thousands. secondly: whats the new base? atlantis? it can easily support several thousand humans. more people should be put on translating the database. easily gives us acces to plasma weapons. thirdly: why not take out the replis using the PWARW, using a different frequency, then steal 5 zpm's, and a coulple of auroras and some asuran cruisers and a lot of puddlejumpers.then the planet is destroyed by some failsafe or so.
          gives us the oppurtunity to test the aurora against an ori ship

Comment

to note the asgard do still die but unending does not happen the attack is in mid season 10

Comment

then what about their legacy? do we still get it? or do they just die and we get nothing?

Comment

they try to contact us at earth and have no sucess so fear the worst and just go ahead with the mass suicide.

Comment

thats lame

Comment

maybe they should go into sleeper ships and try to travel to atlantis, because
                    i dont know... it would be cool though

Comment

look. i propose voting for the history.
                      i say:
                      after the events of dominion, the earth fleet[apollo, deadalus, odyssey], is called to the asgard homeworld: the asgard reveal their plan. after a daring experiment, the asgard managed to steer themselves to ascention. if its succesfull remains unknown. no matter the outcome, the asgard presence will be destroyed. their legacy is given: each vessel is upgraded to the max. the ships recieve everything the oddy got in unending. but theres more: five oneills have been fitted with the same, and are ready to be manned by earth.
                      they beam over, and the eight ships are in orbit. a load of resources is given aswell. as the fleet leaves, the protocols kick in, and the planet is destroyed. unknow remains wheter the asgard ascended or not. the fleet heads back to atlantis[as earth still fell]. there, they get to see the asgard marvels. asgard plasma beam cannons are placed. the databases are uploaded in the ancient database aswell. an asgard beam based shipyard is beamed from a buffer. an asgard hologram reveals its the last they had, the others were inoperable.
                      earth starts researching asgard tech, while it may take many years before they are even halfways. nevertheless, the tria is outfittet aswell. the repairs and refit will take well over a year.

here we start off. with the ori destroyed, its still against the ori followers.
                      adria ascended, but was quickly defeated by the ancient collective.
                      now, the ori have invaded earth. atlantis is occupied fully, and tent camps are placed at the mainland. asgard matter converters create food and supplies. with an operational beam dock, atlantis begins to build up.

i suggest:
                      the destruction of the asurans. this is done using a PWARW.
                      the travellers. we give them a few safe locations, and equipment. they ally, and give us plasma weapon technology, aswell as aid.
                      the genii have used the wraith data stick to create their first, own spaceship. though it lacks shields, it has powerfull weapons. earth trades shield technology[pre asgard]. then, the genii aid us too.
                      the wraith are a big menace. with the ori and the wraith as enemys, atlantis is in trouble. still, michael's plans weaken the wraith severely. [i suggest they create human farms as some proposed]
                      michael is growing in power.
                      todd is a friendly wraith. atlantis helps him gaining more power.

Comment

The full point of it being AU was so there was no unending weapons and stuff and it was just us defending for ourselves in the PG

Comment

unending weapons would be normal. so "yes anti ori/ancient, no "hive kill in three shots, aurora in half by two shots with shields absent".
                          instead, it would be "beam weapons penetrate wraith hull, but just barely", and "aurora gets hit heavily, but no powerleak". i like the weapons. they just got too uber. furtermore, no supereasy interface. instead just a database, and earth has to figure it all out. no stacked full of all kinds of supercool tech 304's. no asgard killed off offscreen[like you proposed]. im for asgard ascending[somehow]

the show is good. it just needs to stay within its own canon. and without unending, without becoming a GWVF clone, how do you wanna kill the ori? hopefully not simply finding the AOT? something more original please.

Comment

i just dont like te unending weapons for a fleet not this one anyway. and if this gets anywhere once the wraith have been defeated around 2040 we will head back to MW and begin making strikes against single Ori motherships untill eventally they are all gone then we will begin to ratake the galaxy before they are able to rebuild there fleet hopefully. But i dont think any of this is going to happen cs this fleet aint attracting no attention whatsoever.

Comment

so i take t nobodys up for this idea lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X