No announcement yet.

Sanctuary in the UK- ITV 4 / Watch News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ITV reception in my area is pretty good ,and I haven't got a HD tv ( or Sky)..so I'll watch it and just be grateful that a Brit channel is showing Sanctuary at all ,given how few scifi/fantasy shows get aired over here.
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Its not an issue of reception, even with 100% signal ITV is very poor. It has very heavily compressed digital and heavy artifacting is clear to see, like a very low quality JPEG image.

Comment

Fair enough.

Comment

Better, perhaps, to rely on "alternate sources"...
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Artifysial View Post
            Sanctuary is much darker than pushing though although having said that they screened Millienium on ITV and that was downright disturbing
            Wasn't that on ITV1, i.e. exceptionally mainstream? I dare say that's because it was Chris Carter and The X Files was such a big hit, albiet on a different channel!!

Originally posted by Mousie View Post
            It seems to me that terrestrial broadcasters in the UK are afraid of pure (or space based) sci fi, simply because it's a subculture, so by its very nature you are looking at a limited audience for most sci fi shows.
            I think it's partly because there are very few British sci-fi programmes. They seem to think that us Brits aren't interested, and we all sit down to watch things like Casualty, Holby City, The Bill & A Touch of Frost. Nah, you're alright, I want something entertaining!! That's why we have Sky, cos Sky1 buys SG1, Atlantis, BSG, Lost, The 4400, Prison Break, Cold Case & Bones etc etc. I know these aren't all sci-fi, but my point is that these are entertaining programmes which you just don't get on other channels. For the life of me, I can't understand how Channel 5 got Prison Break in the 1st place but that's beside the point. PB is far too good for Channel 5!!!

Originally posted by Mousie View Post
            They prefer to broadcast programmes that are going to appeal to a wide audience. The BBC has a remit that in order to justify the liscence fee they have to broadcast programmes in a wide variety of categories, which is why they still do Songs of Praise for example. That's probably why we still get sci fi programmes sometimes.
            Yes, you're right on the wider audience, and this has me stumped as to why Sanctuary is being advertised on ITV1 - if they're trying to get people to watch it, why not put it on ITV2? They wouldn't go straight to ITV1 as they don't know how it's going to go down, but then again, they put Dexter on ITV1 which really surprised me. I love Dexter, but I thought it would be on ITV2 as I didn't have it down as being that mainstream!

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS View Post
            *Does the Snoopy Dance*

Looks like Oct 6 will be party time for us UK Sanctuary /AT fans.

( Pity it's a school night ,but my teen son has agreed to get his butt out of bed on time on the Tuesday morning,as long as he can stay up to watch the premiere "live".)
            Um, what time do you normally send him to bed?? I wouldn't have thought staying up til 10 was that unusual for a teen (even a 13yr old), but I don't have kids so I could be way off!!

Originally posted by jannagalaxy View Post
            ooh, going to have to put that in my tv diary
            I like the idea of a diary for my telly viewing.... patent pending maybe?
            Originally posted by figment View Post
            Currently watching the football on ITV1 and they have just had an ad for Sanctuary.
            Originally posted by BruTak View Post

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rovex View Post
              Its not an issue of reception, even with 100% signal ITV is very poor. It has very heavily compressed digital and heavy artifacting is clear to see, like a very low quality JPEG image.
              Originally posted by BruTak View Post
              Have you considered watching it on the ITV website? You can watch it live or use the watch later facility here I don't know what the quality will be like but it works as I've just tried it out.

Originally posted by queen_hathor View Post
              Wasn't that on ITV1, i.e. exceptionally mainstream? I dare say that's because it was Chris Carter and The X Files was such a big hit, albiet on a different channel!!

I think it's partly because there are very few British sci-fi programmes. They seem to think that us Brits aren't interested, and we all sit down to watch things like Casualty, Holby City, The Bill & A Touch of Frost. Nah, you're alright, I want something entertaining!! That's why we have Sky, cos Sky1 buys SG1, Atlantis, BSG, Lost, The 4400, Prison Break, Cold Case & Bones etc etc. I know these aren't all sci-fi, but my point is that these are entertaining programmes which you just don't get on other channels. For the life of me, I can't understand how Channel 5 got Prison Break in the 1st place but that's beside the point. PB is far too good for Channel 5!!!

Yes, you're right on the wider audience, and this has me stumped as to why Sanctuary is being advertised on ITV1 - if they're trying to get people to watch it, why not put it on ITV2? They wouldn't go straight to ITV1 as they don't know how it's going to go down, but then again, they put Dexter on ITV1 which really surprised me. I love Dexter, but I thought it would be on ITV2 as I didn't have it down as being that mainstream!
              That's the same reason I got Sky. I have no interest in those mainstream programs.

Perhaps they're just testing the waters with it. If it does well they shift it to another channel. I have already mentioned it to someone and they said ITV4? didn't know there was one. So that could be a problem!! I can't wait to see it. I've seen a few webisodes and liked them. The big plus is that Kavan Smith gets a better bigger part than the webisodes
              sigpic

Comment

Um, what time do you normally send him to bed?? I wouldn't have thought staying up til 10 was that unusual for a teen (even a 13yr old), but I don't have kids so I could be way off!!
                Oh I don't really send him to bed any more...but he learned the hard way that if he stays up late, he feels crappy the next day.He's really just not a morning person ,lol !

Comment

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post
                  That's the same reason I got Sky. I have no interest in those mainstream programs.
                  Life's too short to spend my time watching Casualty!!

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post
                  The big plus is that Kavan Smith gets a better bigger part than the webisodes
                  Really? Wooohoooooo

OT
                  Spoiler:
                  Maybe he might even get whumped by some creature!!!

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS View Post
                  Oh I don't really send him to bed any more...but he learned the hard way that if he stays up late, he feels crappy the next day.He's really just not a morning person ,lol !
                  Aaaah got you!!

sigpic

Comment

To be honest it seems more suited to ITV4 than 2 given the current line ups. ITV2 seems to be mostly repeated chat shows and soaps these days whereas ITV4 is more scifi with Primeval and Jericho, even though they are repeats as well.
                    sigpic

Comment

Missed it! Was meeting up with people in RL and forgot to tape it! Doh! I'll catch it Wednesday instead!
                      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Just to let all the UK fans know that sanctuary is currently airing every Wednesday at 9pm on itv4 starting tonight.

Its brilliant. i just came across it when checking my sky planner
                        Thankyou SG-1 for 10 great years!
                        sigpic
                        sig made by kidwizz

join Stargate Atlantis: save the lost city and lets get our show back

Comment

Originally posted by Team SG-1*save the show* View Post
                          Just to let all the UK fans know that sanctuary is currently airing every Wednesday at 9pm on itv4 starting tonight.

Its brilliant. i just came across it when checking my sky planner
                          Apparently its the repeat... shows Mondays at Nine with a Wednesday repeat.

Just watched it today (didn't know it was one yet till someone from work mentioned it ) Its a shame ITV4 didn't show it as a two hour special but what ya gonna do
                          A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
                            Apparently its the repeat... shows Mondays at Nine with a Wednesday repeat.

Just watched it today (didn't know it was one yet till someone from work mentioned it ) Its a shame ITV4 didn't show it as a two hour special but what ya gonna do
                            Protest can be fun
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

It's also repeated on ITV4 on Saturday at 9.15pm.
                              sigpic

Comment

I didnt know it aired on Mondays. i didnt even know it was starting in the uk until i saw it on my planner, i was so excited when i realised what it was.

Unfortunately i have Primeval and Fringe set for Monday nights so i will watch it on Wednesdays instead.
                                I am happy it is on over here. Its a pity they didnt advertise it more
                                Thankyou SG-1 for 10 great years!
                                sigpic
                                sig made by kidwizz

join Stargate Atlantis: save the lost city and lets get our show back

Comment

Working...
                                X