No announcement yet.

Sam Fic Recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no, she's not. sam in 'the way' is not OUR sam.

Spoiler:
    she was a woman driven nearly mad by losing her whole planet, then who was irrevokably changed by not only earth dying but also by what happened to her.

she's a sam that's lived with 20+ years of hard knocks and learning that she can only count on herself and that close circle.

she was changed the moment earth blew up

and it'll be interesting to see how sbz will wrap it up, if she resets or if that sam has to integrate into the current timeline

in freedom from the past, both sam and teal'c went rogue, and the hardest part of writing is was making it logical for them to do so.

so sam had to get injured and be off the active rotation, teal'c had to be desperate to leave, so it made sense. and getting both of them to that stage was the hardest part of the fic
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      ooh, and a goodie, jack serenading sam outside her window
      Sounds like a normal Jack thing to me. Do you have a link??

sigpic

Comment

friad not. it was something i read years ago

sigpic

Comment

wait that was actually a real fic

I thought you were joking about it, cause honestly that is really OOC!

Comment

Wow, and you remembered? Then it was definitely memorable

Comment

you mean you actually read that?? I was only kidding.
              sigpic

Comment

Speaking of Bad fics a while ago a bunch of us got together on The Blue Jello Corner thread and made a list of what made a bad fic....

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=141

Originally Posted by minigeek
                This is fun

Non-Canon (some might even call it "Bad") Characterization in Fanfiction Occurs when...

[mandysg-1] 1. Sam starts off sounding like a weakling
                [mandysg-1] 2. Dialogue has Jack calling Sam "baby"
                [mandysg-1] 3. Sam crying too much and over things we wouldn't normally see her cry over
                [minigeek] 4. Sam gives birth to twins, triplettes, quadruplettes or any other variation that'll have you screaming: "Holy Frickin' Fertility Batman!"
                [minigeek] 5. Jack tells Sam he wants LOTS of children with her (see above) and he's serious (see above) and she's OK with that (see above).
                [minigeek] 6. Teal'c has a rousing sense of humor.
                [minigeek] 7. Daniel and Teal'c conspire to create romance for their friends.
                [minigeek] 8. Jack and Sam conspire to create romance for their friends.
                [minigeek] 9. General (Landry, Hammond, The President) join in to help (see above 7 and 8).
                [minigeek] 10. Sam is attacked by a single (often male) assailant while off base and does not know how to defend herself. Ends up traumatized.
                [mandysg-1] 11. The president allows special dispensation of the Frat Regs for only Sam and Jack
                [sg1poz] 12. Jack crying ! I can see a bit of watery eyes but not bawling his eyes out.
                [sg1poz] 13. Jack and Sam having sex when one has a cast on his leg and she has staff blast wound a day old! You NC-17 readers know what I'm talking about
                [minigeek] 14. Any dialogue contains the phrase: "I want to raise babies with you." (Any team member, any time).
                [minigeek] 15. Jack writes love poetry (whether it be for Sam, Daniel or Teal'c)
                [minigeek] 16. A Celine Dion song is playing on the radio and (any character) starts thinking/daydreaming to the words of the song.
                Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                The love triangle between Sam/Daniel/Jack.

Jack dominates Sam (shudder - that one's for you, AD)

Jack and Sam have kids and name them things like Jack Daniel, Georgia, Danielle or Teal'cetta (though I'm fond of the "Uncle Daniel/Uncle Teal'c" bits, I admit ).

Or, at the opposite end of the spectrum, stories where Teal'c and Daniel are non-existent and play next to zilch in Jack or Sam's lives. Grrr...

Sam whines, moans, complains about Cameron to Jack, secretly hoping that he says something to Landry.

Cheesy weddings with cheesier proposals.

The funny thing about fics is, there are some people who've totally incorporated one or two of these aspects into their fics, and they make it work. I'm actually impressed when I'm not cringing over the occasional "Baby," "Honey," or "Snookums." Then again, it's possible that my senses have been dulled out of necessity.
                This list culminated in us writing a truly bad fic...on purpose

We had to incorporate things from the list into the fic, it was so much fun we even did a second one

Deejay posted it on FF.net, but didn't tell people it was done that way on purpose.

So if you want a good laugh at a really bad fic

As the Stargate Turnz was the first one written

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1025866/Samanda
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                  you mean you actually read that?? I was only kidding.
                  yeah, it was a real fic.

I'm trying to remember if there was a slash one with jack singing to daniel too, but i might have imagined that

sigpic

Comment

I remember reading one where Sam, Jack and Daniel (can't remember if Teal'c was with them or not) are at a kareoke bar, and there ends up being mooning eyes over romantic ballads ... leading to realisations that the feelings were always there ... very much escapes me who sang to whom, but I know at least two of the team were participating on stage (separate songs).
                    ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                    ames on facebook
                    ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
                      I remember reading one where Sam, Jack and Daniel (can't remember if Teal'c was with them or not) are at a kareoke bar, and there ends up being mooning eyes over romantic ballads ... leading to realisations that the feelings were always there ... very much escapes me who sang to whom, but I know at least two of the team were participating on stage (separate songs).
                      shudder

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                        Speaking of Bad fics a while ago a bunch of us got together on The Blue Jello Corner thread and made a list of what made a bad fic....

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=141

This list culminated in us writing a truly bad fic...on purpose

We had to incorporate things from the list into the fic, it was so much fun we even did a second one

Deejay posted it on FF.net, but didn't tell people it was done that way on purpose.

So if you want a good laugh at a really bad fic

As the Stargate Turnz was the first one written

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1025866/Samanda
                        I remember reading that one last year, it was really funny LOL

Julia(samcarterrules)
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                          I remember reading that one last year, it was really funny LOL

Julia(samcarterrules)
                          It totally cracked me up when I read it. And don't know what was funnier, the fic itself, or the reviews taking the fic seriously
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                            It totally cracked me up when I read it. And don't know what was funnier, the fic itself, or the reviews taking the fic seriously
                            I know, ROTFLMAO!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

No kidding!
                              hehehe - great *bad* fic
                              So is there going to be a three-quel? *bats eyelashes enticingly*
                              ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                              ames on facebook
                              ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

i need to post the link for my crack fic.

Crack!Fic! is fic that's written deliberately bad, full of cliches and dodge characterization, usually to poke good natured fun at real fic that's written that way

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X