Sam Fic Recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sam Fic Recs

this thread is for anyone and everyone to rec Sam centric fic. Be it ship, slash, gen or otherwise.

just please follow the guidelines and don't link directly back to adult fic and please tell people what you're reccing. warn them if its gen or slash or ship.

to start it off a nice little sam and bra'tac gen ficlet

http://abyssinia4077.livejournal.com/203293.html
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Sky, what does "don't link directly back to adult fic" mean exactly?

Can or can't you rec adult fic on GW? Especially in the ship thread I've seen this happen lots of times, with a warning.

To be on topic.
    A fic rec (I already gave on the Sam thread a while back). Nine Lives. Sam as a cat, PG, just a teeny tiny bit of ship (SJ). Very well written, and very recognizeable if you're a cat lover. Oh, and very looong.
    sigpic

Comment

I haven't had a chance to read that one yet, but it comes highly recommended by MalaB, the gal who got me hooked on Stargate in the first place! (She's also the one who makes Stargate monopolies, but that's beside the point.)

As soon as I have enough brain power to figure out how to link, I'll put up recs, I promise!
      ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
      ames on facebook
      ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Yey for this thread, I love Sam fic! I hope someone posts one I haven't read! I have so many I could add here though, I'll have a look and choose the best of them and add them soon.
        sigpic

Comment

you can rec adult fic, just please don't link directly to it. For example, i have adult fic on my site...but when i put a new one up, i don't link to the fic itself, i link to the main adult page and people can click on the fic link from there.

that way it's a conscious and knowing act for them to click on the link and no one can ever say 'i didn't realize that was smut, why didn't you tell me' cause i link htem to a warning page that has 'this is adult stuff' on it in big red letters

If you link to an adult fic, please note that it's adult. Let people know what they're getting into.

I've also seen people put the link up, then hide it behind spoiler tags, so that it's a conscious act for people to get to it. Just out of respect for the families that can surf here and might not want their kids clicking on a link that goes straight to smut

sigpic

Comment

When you've got time to sit back and have a nice, long read, and I do mean long.

http://sbzfiction.angelfire.com/

The Way the World Ends (complete)
            The Way the Future Changes (complete)
            The Way the Journey Goes(complete)
            The Way the World Is (WIP)

Sam/Teal'c friendship with Sam/Other starting in the second one. I guess you would call this Apocafic, which I usually don't read but this is just so good.
            sigpic

Comment

it is very good.

and LOONNNGGGGG

all told, i think the four fic will be several hundred pages

i'm in the process of reading the fourth one now

very strong sam, great sam and teal'c, whumpage and, you get to see a side of sam we've never seen before, but has always been there

sigpic

Comment

I'm on the third one now. I've found the only way to really read it is to copy it to a word document, and delete the sections I've read, so that when I come back I can find my place.

I really, really love the Sam/Teal'c friendship in this. It's amazing in it's intensity.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG View Post
                  I'm on the third one now. I've found the only way to really read it is to copy it to a word document, and delete the sections I've read, so that when I come back I can find my place.

I really, really love the Sam/Teal'c friendship in this. It's amazing in it's intensity.
                  What Sam/Other ship is it? Sam/Teal'c or Sam/Baa'l? In spoilers please...

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                    What Sam/Other ship is it? Sam/Teal'c or Sam/Baa'l? In spoilers please...
                    The Sam/Other ship is
                    Spoiler:
                    Sam/Ba'al
                    sigpic

Comment

The Sam/Other ship is
                      Spoiler:
                      Sam/Ba'al
                      Thanks, guess I'll have to skip that one and now to be on topic
                      Canine Perspective - Sam/Jack shippy

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        it is very good.

and LOONNNGGGGG

all told, i think the four fic will be several hundred pages

i'm in the process of reading the fourth one now

very strong sam, great sam and teal'c, whumpage and, you get to see a side of sam we've never seen before, but has always been there
                        I've been copying it to word and am waiting till it's finished before I read any of them but so far am up to 600+ pages in word! From the little snippets I've seen as I've been c/ping, it looks good.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm on the last one now and really enjoying them all.

For those of you that download and read your fic later here is some free and very good software to use - yBook. This software displays your text onscreen like a real book and starts up at the last page you read so that you don't have to go searching for where you left off. You can choose between lots of different formating to suit yourself - font, colour, 1 or 2 page displays, textured background.

I download all my fanfic and read it with this software because it makes it so much easier with my bad vision.

Here's an old fic that I revisited recently that I enjoyed - 1991, you can find it at The Stargate Novel Archive

1991 - Starbuck92

Download: Text File (360kb) - Zip File (139kb)
                          FR-M - Romance/UST, Angst, Action/Adventure - July 25, 2003

Spoilers for "Nemesis" and "Small Victories." Takes place during Season 4.

Sam/Jack, Sam/other. Flying and friendship, love and loss – what was Sam Carter's life like during the Persian Gulf War?
                          -

Comment

I found this story which many may have missed because it is on the Stargate Atlantis section of FFN. It is by Annerb a wonderful writer it is a WIP but she updates regularly. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4174334/...ins_in_the_End If you ever wondered how good a Sam and Jack in Atlantis fic could be wonder no longer it is ship in that they are married but it is not the main point of the story. It deals with Sam getting captured and escaping the reprecussions of that experience while still being the Commander of Atlantis.
                            Last edited by atfan; 08 April 2008, 06:14 AM. Reason: wrong link
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to lil ferrett for the picture

Comment

Originally posted by atfan View Post
                              I found this story which many may have missed because it is on the Stargate Atlantis section of FFN. It is by Annerb a wonderful writer it is a WIP but she updates regularly. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4174334/...ins_in_the_End If you ever wondered how good a Sam and Jack in Atlantis fic could be wonder no longer it is ship in that they are married but it is not the main point of the story. It deals with Sam getting captured and escaping the reprecussions of that experience while still being the Commander of Atlantis.
                              Thanks. I didn't realize it was a WIP. Thought it just ended at Day 2. Will sign up for updates.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X