No announcement yet.

Stargate : Children Of The Gods - Special edition DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just watched it, and in general I'm happier with it than with the original. I think it is better.

Spoiler:
    I'm really, really glad they cut out the frontal nudity. It was jarring and unnecessary. I liked that scene significantly better without it.

I'm also glad they cut out Carter's line about her reproductive organs. What a stupid line. That said, there were other pieces of dialogue I wish they had left in.
    sigpic
    Much thanks to Snowball for the banner! Many thanks to Cazzblade for the avatar!!
    I'm a 60%er!
    ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Gourry View Post

Took some more screencaps to show off little what's new:
      Spoiler:

New pyramid exit look:

Another glider at the end:
      Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
      Can't comment until we get caps. *hint hint*
      See above post, he/she posted a picture of the pyramid under the spoiler tags.

Comment

It was Fantastic, very well put together.
        "...I will not stand by while the holy doctrine of good will and faith that I have sworn to uphold is twisted into a hammer and used to beat people down!"

Comment

Sorry if this has been asked but i did'nt want to bump into any spoilers

Is the Monday release of COTG going to be released on UK Region 2 Blu Ray.

Thanks Ken
          http://www.justgiving.com/mdfundraiser/

Comment

Having watched the Final Cut, I can understand where it's detractors are coming from.

There are many parts in the Final Cut that I prefer, but just as many snips that I didn't like. Little beats that have been excised. Yes, that includes he infamous Carter introduction. Out of character? I don't think so, she was simply overcompensating. Once she gained respect, she was able to be herself.

Anyway, the problem is thus: I don't prefer one version or the other. So now every time I want to watch COTG, it's Sophie's Choice. I am considering fanediting my own version, actually...but that would be a lot of work, I think because of all the changes.

OH, and the Kowalski thing didn't really bug me. We don't see anything happen, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. It was just off screen. Actually, the Final Cut makes the first few scenes of The Enemy Within work better, I would think. The audience isn't ahead of the characters if they didn't see those scenes in the original COTG.
            Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
            http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

Yes, that includes the infamous Carter introduction. Out of character? I don't think so, she was simply overcompensating. Once she gained respect, she was able to be herself.
              That line just stuck out as bad writing, to me. Jarred me out of the moment everytime as I marvelled that such an awful line ever made it to screen.

I don't prefer one version or the other. So now every time I want to watch COTG, it's Sophie's Choice.
              Um... Don't you think that comparison is a little... well, inappropriate?

I agree with you about the cuts in relation to 'The Enemy Within'.

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
                Um... Don't you think that comparison is a little... well, inappropriate?
                Hyperbolic? Yes. Inappropriate? I don't know, I have heard people use the same analogy in movies and on TV, which is where I got the phrase. Never did see the movie, though I know what it's about.
                Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
                http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

Never did see the movie, though I know what it's about.
                  Ah.
                  Spoiler:
                  Well you just compared picking which version to watch to choosing which of your children would live and which would die in the gas chambers at the hands of Nazis...
                  So maybe not quite the type of comparison you were looking for.

Comment

they cut the sex organs line -,-

Comment

Originally posted by Beckmen View Post
                      Having watched the Final Cut, I can understand where it's detractors are coming from.

There are many parts in the Final Cut that I prefer, but just as many snips that I didn't like. Little beats that have been excised. Yes, that includes he infamous Carter introduction. Out of character? I don't think so, she was simply overcompensating. Once she gained respect, she was able to be herself.
                      i dont know about you, but the women i know dont over compensate by comparing the reproductive organs of the genders... we know we are genetically different, what we want is to be given the same opportunities based on our knowledge, experince and expertise... so its not a matter of being out of character its about being realistic, about writing women who are real and not some mistaken image of how women think...

that line was written by guys who clearly didnt understand how women think... carter is about being treated equally, she wants to be afforded the same opportunities because she is an airforce officer and scientist who has earnt not only her rank but her place in the stargate program... she is not about pointing out that she is a women, she wants to be treated like a team member, not the female team member...

i am glad this line is gone, and that AT stood up for herself and sam right from the start to help make sam a character women could admire and identify with...

Originally posted by amconway View Post
                      That line just stuck out as bad writing, to me. Jarred me out of the moment everytime as I marvelled that such an awful line ever made it to screen.
                      me too, i cringe every time i hear it... it puts me off entirely... i cant believe it was ever written let alone made it to screen... and what gets me is how it made it to two future eps
                      "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Just returned from purchasing this DVD (COTG) from HMV £14.99 and for good measure i bought Stargate the Movie on Blu Ray for £10.00

Even sneaked in a extra purchase of Watchmen (Blu Ray)

Ken
                        http://www.justgiving.com/mdfundraiser/

Comment

Working...
                        X