No announcement yet.

He That Believeth in Me (401)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome back my dear friend. I've really missed you.

It was wickedly cool. Superb stuff for a season premier. Love the Adama's scene- I think they're really going to directin of
    Spoiler:
    lee for president.

the opening battle scenes were awesome. It was the first time a battle scene amazed me after the Revenge of Sith.
    sigpic
    Banner made by Stef

Save the sexy female alien, save the SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177
      Well yes but that only got her so far in the end. She couldn't resist shooting the old man.
      no no it's the shooting I was talking about - she did shoot him but even then she resisted her conditioning

remember she was suppsoed to kill Adama, and she fired @ point blank range - why didn't she simply put a bullet between his 2 eyes ? instead she shot him twice causing serious but not lethal injuries, the only explanation is that she was able to resist the "kill Adama" directive to some extent

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoletsi
        I was about to say "eeeeexactly" and point out I was being sarcastic above. However, what if it was "God's" will that Galactica survive the attack.
        aye tnat's possible - this ain't "pure sci-fi" after all

Comment

It was wickedly cool. Superb stuff for a season premier. Love the Adama's scene- I think they're really going to direction of
          Spoiler:
          lee for president.

I think that we're definitely going to see Lee take a crucial role as a civilian. I wouldn't be surprised if the Adamas become a team (one military, one government) to overpower whoever is the problem maker (I'm almost convinced that will turn out to be Roslin). I think they might make things difficult further still by having Bill and Roslin 'get it on' so that the old man is in love with her, and then they'll be some episode down the road where he must shoot her to save someone close to him, and it'll be very difficult for him. Hopefully not lame though. Can't wait to see the cylons break apart into bickering factions! Looks like a toaster is ordered to shoot up the cylon CIC in the promo! It's gonna be good!

Comment

Adama's death was so shocking. Wow. What a scene!
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I was pretty tired when I watched it last night, but does anyone else feel they are kinda loosing it?

I hope they explain some things in the next few episodes but it was just so confusing last night.

Spoiler:
              I did see the whole Cylon 'civil war' coming though as soon as they said dumb down the raiders I thought, this is how the cylon war against the humans started because the humans tried to control what the cylons could know.

I do like that story line, when did the president get her cancer back? I can't remember that resurfacing

Comment

Originally posted by Bray View Post
                I do like that story line, when did the president get her cancer back? I can't remember that resurfacing
                Last episode of season 3 during Baltar's trial. It was revealed that her cancer was back when Lee questioned her.
                IMO always implied.

Comment

Ah it would have been helpful to have seen the last 2 or 3 episodes before season 4 aired.

I had completely forgot about the trial.

Comment

Originally posted by Bray View Post
                    Ah it would have been helpful to have seen the last 2 or 3 episodes before season 4 aired.

I had completely forgot about the trial.
                    So, there's an up-side to not having cable? Since the DVD's were just released recently, it's all fresh for me. In fact, I had to scramble to see s3 in time for the premier.
                    I can't imagine a year wait.
                    I'm just so happy it's being streamed (legally) on scifi.com

Comment

Originally posted by gravityStar View Post
                      I know that's what he says, and what he believes. It is not necessarily true.
                      Adama and Tigh first meet on a freighter after the war. There is nobody left alive who knows about what Saul Tigh did before those two met. Hell, Adama and Tigh met before Saul met Ellen.
                      But Adama somehow knows how well Tigh flies a Viper (Miniseries, discussing Kara). Is this from rumor? Hearsay? Or did he actually get his hands on Tigh's service records?

I know not. But it's fun to speculate.
                      Last edited by Lady Snow; 24 April 2008, 09:31 AM. Reason: to cut things that belong in a separate episode discussion...
                      Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
                      sigpic

Comment

podcast is finalllly up

Comment

Working...
                        X