Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Antarctic Gate Really the Oldest?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the Antarctic Gate Really the Oldest?

I believe it's been pretty firmly established in the series that the Antarctic gate was the oldest stargate in the network.

But consider this my friends. In order to form a network of any kind there has to be at least two of something. After all, if Alexander Graham Bell had invented only one telephone who would he have called?

So out there somewhere in the Milky Way must be at least one other gate equally as old as the Antarctic gate. Any suggestions as to where that might be?

Have some fun with this one.
    Last edited by Professor D.H.D. Puddlejumper; 04 April 2008, 01:42 PM. Reason: Sent accidentally before completing.
    My timeline of the Ancients here.

Originally posted by Professor D.H.D. Puddlejumper View Post
    I believe it's been pretty firmly established in the series that the Antarctic gate was the oldest stargate in the network.

But consider this my friends. In order to form a network of any kind there has to be at least two of something. After all, if Alexander Graham Bell had invented only one telephone who would he have called?

So out there somewhere in the Milky Way must be at least one other gate equally as old as the Antarctic gate. Any suggestions as to where that might be?

Have some fun with this one.
    Probably the gate on Da'Kara seeing as it was the first place the Alterans landed in the milky way
    A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

I agree with The_Carpenter. They landed on Dakara first but chose Earth/Avalon as their capital.

Comment

it was sucked up by a black hole of plot devices to make you ask questions

Comment

Yes, I do believe it was Dakara that was first colonized by the Alterans once they arrived to the Milky Way Galaxy.
          sigpic

Jaffa Kree!

Comment

i think tht both the dakara gate and te atlantis gate were made at the same time...prob when they were travelling to the milky way galaxy and then they just put them on both planets and expanded from there
            The BC-304... Just Try And Stop Us Now!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby View Post
              i think tht both the dakara gate and te atlantis gate were made at the same time...prob when they were travelling to the milky way galaxy and then they just put them on both planets and expanded from there
              Atlantis was constructed in the milky way galaxy. They didn't have it before they got there. This was stated clearly in season seven. They were in the process of building it when the plague struck.
              Mammals suck!

"Real men don't need inertia dampers."

Check out my GURPS campaign setting wiki, Islands of War!

Stop sending me friendship requests. I will deny them all, regardless of who they come from.

Comment

Originally posted by ascendedancient42 View Post
                Atlantis was constructed in the milky way galaxy. They didn't have it before they got there. This was stated clearly in season seven. They were in the process of building it when the plague struck.
                That was Vis Uban, not Atlantis.

Comment

maybe the dakarra gate.
                  Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                  sigpic

Comment

But then wouldn't the dakarra gate also have different symbols such as the point of origin for the Antarctic gate? it would also have to be 50 million years old because thats as old as the antarctic gate is supposed to be.
                    sigpic

Comment

Maybe the gate on Pocalrus Taonas where SG1 found the ZPM in Lost City? I don't think they firmly established on the show that the Antarctic gate was the absolute oldest but one of the oldest in the Milky Way gate network. There are still many more gate addresses O'Neill put into the dialing computing during his first encounter with the Ancient head sucker that have yet to be visited. Some like the gate on Pocalrus Taonas we will never be able to use because its covered over by lava.

Comment

Spoiler:
                        Stargate Universe spoilers from the home page suggest all the Stargates are the same age because all the Stargates are made together and a ship planted them in the galaxy before the Ancients even arrived. But this is just an assumption.
                        Last edited by Homeslice55; 05 April 2008, 07:09 PM. Reason: spelling
                        Enter the Fargate...to steal intergalatic cable!

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
                          Probably the gate on Da'Kara seeing as it was the first place the Alterans landed in the milky way
                          Cant be. Unless the goa´uld replaced the dhd, cause seeing that the antarctica gates dhd power was drained, and it had rarely been used and the dakara dhd has been always used, then dakaras dhd shouldt work.
                          Because of the usage.
                          "FOR DISTANT WORLDS WE PLEDGE TO RESPECT"

Comment

It might be the oldest one left in existance. I would imagine that there are other as old SG's out there, just not found yet. Not every planet has been visited yet either.
                            http://www.myspace.com/adam_1973

Comment

Boggles the mind to think what the first Gate would be worth on Antiques Road Show.

~Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X