X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thoth View Post
    Well, I have to disagree.
    Disagree all you like. No worries.

It's gotten to the stage now where the bad episodes are so frequent and so awful that I've stopped watching. I just can't handle it any more. I finish an episode and feel, 'God, what a waste of my time' or 'Wow, that was soul-destroying'. And because of that, each time I think about watching one, I just dread it and end up doing something else.
    No offense, but is sounds like you've already decided that FS isn't for you. Why continue to torture yourself?

But, if you'd like to direct me away from the crumby episodes, I'll probably go back and soldier on. I might even watch the bad episodes that are important plot-wise.
    Sorry, I stand by my "a bad eps of FS is better than a lot of good eps of other shows" view. Again, sounds like to me that you're just not into FS. I think it's great you're trying but we've all said that it's worth watching it all the way through, crappy eps and all, the first time round. Even in the bad eps there are plot points picked up or mentioned that you'll miss. I can't pin point any since it's been a long time since I've watched any FS, but I think watching it the first time round one should watch all the eps. Then when you're through (if you make it that far) you can skip the crappy eps.

Sadly (imho) FS isn't for everyone. Just like BSG isn't for everyone (personally I don't like it) or SG1 isn't for everyone. No point in torturing yourself if you really can't stand it.
    sigpic
    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

I'd say the first half of season 2 is probably my least favorite part of Farscape (with a few exceptions). So my advice is this: Try to make it through season 2. If you still feel like there are only crappy episodes, stop watching.

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
      The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

Maybe watch the very end of Season 2, and start Season 3. If you still aren't enjoying things a few episodes in, then I'd definitely recommend giving it up.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Thoth View Post
          It's gotten to the stage now where the bad episodes are so frequent and so awful that I've stopped watching. I just can't handle it any more. I finish an episode and feel, 'God, what a waste of my time' or 'Wow, that was soul-destroying'. And because of that, each time I think about watching one, I just dread it and end up doing something else.
          So, any help?

PS: Sorry, guys. I'm not trying to ruffle feathers by saying that it's not been rosy watching one of your favourite shows. But I need to tell the truth to get you guys to help me out. Either that or never watch it again (maybe farscape just isn't for me).
          I know exactly what you mean! You have to push through to the end of Season 2, even if it's torturous (which was my emotion for several episodes), and you won't regret watching those episodes when you look back on it. It's a strange concept, but that's what happens. Season 2 is a transition from the style of Season 1 to Season 3, and it's a bit jarring the first time through. But believe me, Seasons 3 and 4 are worth it!

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
          ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

I have issues with I Shrink Therefore I am I had a hard time with it.
            sigpic
            My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
            poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Thoth: You are almost there. Soldier on to the mid-season 3-parter and through the end of Season Two. You'll get major pieces of the story arc that is just getting going (Harvey, Scarrans, wormholes, Ancients).

If you watch the Season Two finale and aren't jump-up-and-down eager to start Season Three (which IMO is easily the best of the four years), it may not be for you.
              GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
              The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
              Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                I have issues with I Shrink Therefore I am I had a hard time with it.
                I love absolutely mini-Aeryn's ride on 1812 to the Prowler and it's a great pity it's such a short scene. Unfortunately Claudia probably wasn't feeling good filming this episode

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                  Thoth: You are almost there. Soldier on to the mid-season 3-parter and through the end of Season Two. You'll get major pieces of the story arc that is just getting going (Harvey, Scarrans, wormholes, Ancients).

If you watch the Season Two finale and aren't jump-up-and-down eager to start Season Three (which IMO is easily the best of the four years), it may not be for you.
                  And probably isn't. 'cause the truth is that Farscape is not for everybody. You need to have somewhat special kind of sense of humor (I think the fact that it has a lot of a little bit weird Australian humor makes it more difficult to watch for average audience) to truly understand and love the show.

Comment

I agree with the above statement, it has it's very odd at times Aussie Humour that can miss the ball with audiences esp UK, where I am from, but I found it quite refreshing at times, the artistic take on it was almost second to none at the time, and the Humour was indeed very good, if you understood it.

I hate to use the term "Marmite" but it is kinda, you will either love it, or possibly hate it, and that comes from a guy who doesn't usually say these things about everything, i hate the term really, but it is a very acquired taste and if you are captivated at the start or indeed at any part and become interested, you will love it all, and love the best bits even more, and will not forget it in a hurry.

Farscape dose certainly rank amoungst the trippyest of TV shows, many episodes tht I remember are almost akin to being on drugs at times, others like being stonned, in a bizzare way, and episodes from all seasons constitue as some of the more bizzare, trip-like and whackyest:

-Eat Me
                    -Scratch & Sniff one of my all time fave one off episodes OMG LMFAO!!!
                    -Revenging Angel
                    -Loosing Time

these are from season 3 which i watched not too long ago, TBH i forget names but i cn list so many more but it's a bit late, also other fans will have their own definition of bizzare and best episodes.

cn anybody list any more, I remember themes, but titles are sketchy?

sigpic
                    In brightest day, in darkest night,

No evil shall escape my sight

Let those who worship evil's might,

Beware my power...Green Rep-Points light!

Comment

How about Won't Get Fooled Again?

Odd aussie humour you say? I didn't notice, and I'm pretty sure I got all the jokes

Comment

Originally posted by ./freelancer View Post
                        How about Won't Get Fooled Again?

Odd aussie humour you say? I didn't notice, and I'm pretty sure I got all the jokes
                        Not only humour, but sometimes real life problems directly from Aussie land. "Taking The Stone" written by Justin Monjo is a good example here. Aussie scapers explained us that such teenagers clans were real problem Down Under at some point.

Comment

I didn't know that. Makes sense though that the episodes are inspired by Aussie stuff

Comment

I don't know if the teenage clan problem is exclusive to just Australia though. It might have inspired Justin to write that eps, but teenage clans are in the US as well, especially in bigger cities where the teens have runaway to.
                            sigpic
                            I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Hi! I'd reccomend watching each episode at least once. Important storylines and all that. For some reason, I don't like Rhapsody In Blue or Scratch & Sniff very much (will only watch Rhapsody In Blue when I'm determined to watch the whole season), while one of my favourite episodes is Jeremiah Crichton, which has a commentary on the Starburst editions subtitled "When bad episodes happen to good shows" or something, where they badmouth the episode. Or so I've heard.

My friend will only watch episodes with Chiana in them, cos she's her fave character.

Comment

"When bad things happen to good shows"

And she's my favorite character too, but that's no reason not to watch the other episodes

Comment

Working...
                                X