Which Farscape episodes should I skip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by USS Defiant View Post
    Blasphemy, do not skip any episodes!. Farscape is not the type opf series you skip over.
    You are right, it certainly is not.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
      You are right, it certainly is not.
      We all think that but in the effort to get more folks to watch it, it wouldn't hurt to be a little open to sharing which eps that we'd all skip after having watched the series one time through.
      sigpic
      I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
        We all think that but in the effort to get more folks to watch it, it wouldn't hurt to be a little open to sharing which eps that we'd all skip after having watched the series one time through.
        Well, I'll throw one out there - Season 2's "Taking the Stone". I never really got too into that episode, and I've watched it quite a few times. It has it's moments, don't get me wrong, but that is about it IMO.
        sigpic
        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

And I still like "Taking the Stone" after watching it two times

One episode that I'll probably skip when I get to that season again is "Eat Me", but it's still a pretty important episode, so everyone should watch it at least once

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
          The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

Well, I'll throw one out there - Season 2's "Taking the Stone". I never really got too into that episode, and I've watched it quite a few times. It has it's moments, don't get me wrong, but that is about it IMO.
            I can understand and appreciate that. But I kinda liked it. It gave us more insight into Chiana and Aeryn. Always a bonus (especially Aeryn insight) in my world.

Originally posted by ./freelancer View Post
            And I still like "Taking the Stone" after watching it two times

One episode that I'll probably skip when I get to that season again is "Eat Me", but it's still a pretty important episode, so everyone should watch it at least once
            I'm with you on "Eat Me". I watched it the first time round and any subsequent viewings of it, I passed. However, when I do finally re-watch the series again, I'll probably watch it...maybe.

Other than that eps, the rest of the series, even the less then stellar eps, are still way better than most of the "reality" crap we are constantly being bombarded with. I'd rather watch "Eat Me" than most of that crap.
            sigpic
            I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
              I can understand and appreciate that. But I kinda liked it. It gave us more insight into Chiana and Aeryn. Always a bonus (especially Aeryn insight) in my world.

I'm with you on "Eat Me". I watched it the first time round and any subsequent viewings of it, I passed. However, when I do finally re-watch the series again, I'll probably watch it...maybe.

Other than that eps, the rest of the series, even the less then stellar eps, are still way better than most of the "reality" crap we are constantly being bombarded with. I'd rather watch "Eat Me" than most of that crap.
              Boy isn't that the truth? And what is really sad, is that a lot of people seem to eat this "reality" tv crap right up. It kind of makes me sick to my stomach personally.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Skip episodes? Impossible! Well, if someone would ask me now, I would say Jeremiah Crichton, Rhapsody in Blue, Taking the Stone and Vitas Mortis. Those four, I skipped when I watched FS for the second time.
                The problem is, that even the smallest detail in any episode could mean something in the future. Rhapsody in Blue is vital for Zhaan´s character and the story itself, Taking the Stone (which I honestly still don´t know what the hell was that about) was Chiana´s story where we heard important things from her life that were brought up later.
                So, Jeremiah and Vitas Mortis are the only episodes to skip. Otherwise, none of episode was bad. I am glad that in the whole FS, I can find ony four episodes which can I call bad And, stil imo Someone still probably likes them

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

I still agree that anyone watching the series for the first time should just hit play and judge at the end because yeah, one person likes horror and another doesn't, so instructions to a newbie - "thou shalt watch ALL of Farscape and skip at your peril!".

Otherwise. I'm in the middle of a re-watch myself whereby I'm going through it all again and forcing myself not to skip (not that it's that hard) but I agree that both Eat Me, Jeremiah Crichton, and Rhapsody in Blue are on my own miss list - in other words I won't go out of my way to watch them. I tend to agree with SunKrux over Taking the Stone. The plot you can probably keep, as well as Crichton's finding nemo turtle on a high, but there is something about both Aeryn and Chiana in this episode that intrigue me.

Other eps that I'd probably skip are "Home on the Remains" and "Mental as Anything".
                  sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't ever skip episodes that I hadn't seen beore. But there are definitely some in season 1 (the only season I've seen all the way through) that I only watched again to here the commentary: Thank God It's Friday, Again. and Bone To Be Wild (which wasn't so much bad as just seemed totally out of place amid the previous multipart arc)
                    sigpic
                    Banner By JME2

Comment

I have to admit that I welcomed the release of pressure in Bone to be wild (not mentioning the great "She said c-r-e-a-t-u-r-e" from Crichton ) and it was pretty good. But I agree with the Thanks God it´s Friday again cos I didn´t understand the sense of it - and I hated the alien woman there.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                        I have to admit that I welcomed the release of pressure in Bone to be wild (not mentioning the great "She said c-r-e-a-t-u-r-e" from Crichton ) and it was pretty good. But I agree with the Thanks God it´s Friday again cos I didn´t understand the sense of it - and I hated the alien woman there.
                        That is another reason not to skip episodes, especially the first time through. You can catch all of Crichton's funny little smart-a** comments and quotes, many of which are priceless.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

In the past I would consider that one a skipper, but it does have some good insight into Chiana and I thought the ending was rather poignant and uplifting.

Though I suppose it can still be skipped as it's not that vital to the show as an episode.

I can't comment on Season 1 episodes since it has been forever since I've seen them, but in Season 2 I'd say Vitas Mortis as the D'Argo story didn't interest me that much.

Season 3...it's I-Yensch, You-Yensch for me. I just don't like the dinner sub-plot with those blue aliens. So I just FF through those parts and watch the parts on Moya.

Season 4 - I can easily skip Lava's A Many Splendored Thing and Coup by Clam. I suppose because of the juvenile humor even though there are still some parts to really enjoy. And then Mental as Anything because it's rather boring for me. Not that I don't love D'Argo but meh.

There just honestly are not a whole lot of eps I'd skip if I were doing a run through of episodes.

Of course I also just like to drag my dvds out and watch my most favorite episodes while skipping a lot of others.

Course there are episodes like Scratch N' Sniff, Revenging Angel, John Quixote, and even Won't Get Fooled Again that can be skipped because they are not truly integral to the overall story, plot wise. BUT then you'd be missing out on the twisted wackiness of those eps that are trademark Farscape. I mean Won't Get Fooled Again is one of my absolute favorites of the series, but if I were giving someone a list of integral episodes to watch because they didn't have time to watch them all, I wouldn't include it. Plus I think you have to be die hard Scapers to really enjoy those because I think they take more than one or even two viewings to truly "get" them.
                          IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                            Course there are episodes like Scratch N' Sniff, Revenging Angel, John Quixote, and even Won't Get Fooled Again that can be skipped because they are not truly integral to the overall story, plot wise. BUT then you'd be missing out on the twisted wackiness of those eps that are trademark Farscape. I mean Won't Get Fooled Again is one of my absolute favorites of the series, but if I were giving someone a list of integral episodes to watch because they didn't have time to watch them all, I wouldn't include it. Plus I think you have to be die hard Scapers to really enjoy those because I think they take more than one or even two viewings to truly "get" them.
                            All of those are "can't miss" episodes IMO. But, that's just me. They may not be integral to the overall storyline of Farscape, but they are perfect examples of what set Farscape apart from other shows. What made it such a unique and special show.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

My least favorite Farscape episodes are Rhapsody in Blue from season 1 and Dream a Little Dream from season 2. I think Zhaan is probably my least favorite character, so that's probably why.

Comment

I actually really liked Zhaan. I was sad when she left the show.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X