Which Farscape episodes should I skip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THe KiKO peRsON View Post
    My friend will only watch episodes with Chiana in them, cos she's her fave character.
    Wow! She's my favorite character too, although I like to watch all episodes. Those from the first half of season 1 i really like and Chiana is not in them
    sigpic

Comment

I liked the show, especially early on. My favorite characters were pilot and the blue priest, forgot her name. Some of the episodes I didn't like tended to be the ones with the recurring season villain.

The best thing to do, in my opinion, is to get an episode list of season 1, or write it out, watch at least the first part of each episode, no need to watch all of an episode I think if you find you dislike the first 20 or 30 minutes. You can then make a list of what episodes you like, ones you think or okish but you do not mind missing, and ones you really dislike. That way in the future you can just watch the ones on your list of episodes you want to rewatch and not the others. Then work your way through the seasons.

Comment

I have seen all of Farscape's episodes (most many, many times), and I'll admit, I haven't liked some nearly as much as others. But, I never regret seeing them all, even the not so great ones (which there were not very many of). All Farscape's episodes, IMO, added to this great show. Every episode added something important to some Farscape character. That is why I recommend viewing them all at least once.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
          I have seen all of Farscape's episodes (most many, many times), and I'll admit, I haven't liked some nearly as much as others. But, I never regret seeing them all, even the not so great ones (which there were not very many of). All Farscape's episodes, IMO, added to this great show. Every episode added something important to some Farscape character. That is why I recommend viewing them all at least once.
          I totally agree. Even "Eat Me" (my all time least fav eps) is worth watching at least once. It helps set up the long running arc for most of S3 and S4. I've always said that even a not so great eps of Farscape is WAY better than any "reality" crap that's on.
          sigpic
          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
            I totally agree. Even "Eat Me" (my all time least fav eps) is worth watching at least once. It helps set up the long running arc for most of S3 and S4. I've always said that even a not so great eps of Farscape is WAY better than any "reality" crap that's on.
            Eat Me can easily be avoided (and should be, imo) considering that the very next episode has a "Previously on Farscape..." that explains everything.

Farscape is (for the most part) amazing but I would recommend avoiding these episodes:

Thank God It's Friday, Again
            Jeremiah Chrichton
            Taking the Stone
            Dream A Little Dream
            Eat Me
            A Perfect Murder
            sigpic
            "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
            DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post
              Eat Me can easily be avoided (and should be, imo) considering that the very next episode has a "Previously on Farscape..." that explains everything.

Farscape is (for the most part) amazing but I would recommend avoiding these episodes:

Jeremiah Chrichton
              Taking the Stone
              Dream A Little Dream
              Eat Me
              A Perfect Murder
              Personally, I really enjoyed "Jeremiah Crichton" and "Eat Me". But, that's just me.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post

Jeremiah Chrichton
                Taking the Stone
                Dream A Little Dream
                Eat Me
                A Perfect Murder
                I suppose it could, but I honestly do not understand why anyone who's watching the series for the first time would want to skip any eps the first time they watch.

Aside from Eat Me the other eps you list are tolerable, to me.
                sigpic

Comment

Just out of curiosity, what did you dislike most about "Eat Me"?
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

It was too horror movie like for me. I'm not a big fan of blood and guts horror movies and for me, Eat Me was a lot like them. But I recognize that it was necessary to set up the long arc that followed it.
                    sigpic

Comment

The whole thing just felt pretty bland to me. Farscape can do a lot better than what that episode offered.

I realize its importance to the arc of Season 3 but like I said: all of the important stuff can be seen in the "Previously on..." of "Thanks For Sharing".
                      sigpic
                      "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                      DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

It was too horror movie like for me. I'm not a big fan of blood and guts horror movies and for me, Eat Me was a lot like them. But I recognize that it was necessary to set up the long arc that followed it.
                        That is one of the things I liked most about it, since I love horror movies.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

That is one of the things I liked most about it, since I love horror movies.
                          See, Farscape has something for everyone! Like we all didn't already know that.
                          sigpic

Comment

See, Farscape has something for everyone! Like we all didn't already know that.
                            Yeah, Farscape definitely never fell short in that area.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by ./freelancer View Post
                              Skip episodes? Are you nuts? Seriously, I like all episodes at least a little, and they just got better with each season imo. So obviously I'm gonna recommend not to skip any
                              Yes so do I!

Comment

Blasphemy, do not skip any episodes!. Farscape is not the type opf series you skip over.
                                The USS Defiant Rocks!
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

Working...
                                X