X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pregnant MAN hails 'miracle'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7330196.stm
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

not many kids can say their father gave birth to them..
    sigpic
    http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
    http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

*high five*
      I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic

Comment

That's gonna be one messed up child...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
          That's gonna be one messed up child...
          Yeah. Think of all the crap (s)he'll have to deal with from closed-minded idiots.

Comment

Though I sense that was a jab... that was by and large my point.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

i'm slightly confused, was it originally a woman that got a sex change to be a male and got knocked up, or the other way around?
              Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
              sigpic

Comment

No thats right.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
                  No thats right.
                  okay. well either way though, good for them. i would'nt say miracle though.
                  Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                  sigpic

Comment

The woman became male. This isn't all that rare, well, if you get what I mean. The rare aspect was that unlike you garden variety transexual, this individual didn't decide "oh I'm going to become a bloke" and make the full conversion, this individual decided to become a half and half and keep his/her female reproductive organs and then deliberatly decided to become inceminated with sperm from a donor.

I'll be frank. This annoys the hell out of me. I may not agree with transexuals (come on, it's not like it's a natural occurence like homosexuality), but I understand the medical and psychological reasons behind it. But this was not the same. This wasn't just some woman who felt wrong in her body and wanted to rectify it by a sex change, she/he deliberatly became a half and half. Which defeats the entire bloody point.

Men do NOT give birth. Therefore she is just a woman with a penis and a beard.

If the couple wanted a child, they should have incemenated the wife.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I heard about this on the news earlier this week. I believe I heard that the pregnant person in question was actually born a hermaphrodite (meaning with both genders at the same time), but had an operation to remove all female organs, except reproductive ones. I have no comment except to say, it will be interesting to see what happens when the child is born and how it develops in it's first few years of life.
                      StarshineRoxie
                      A woman that allows herself the balance of cool wisdom and strength of heart.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                        The woman became male. This isn't all that rare, well, if you get what I mean. The rare aspect was that unlike you garden variety transexual, this individual didn't decide "oh I'm going to become a bloke" and make the full conversion, this individual decided to become a half and half and keep his/her female reproductive organs and then deliberatly decided to become inceminated with sperm from a donor.

I'll be frank. This annoys the hell out of me. I may not agree with transexuals (come on, it's not like it's a natural occurence like homosexuality), but I understand the medical and psychological reasons behind it. But this was not the same. This wasn't just some woman who felt wrong in her body and wanted to rectify it by a sex change, she/he deliberatly became a half and half. Which defeats the entire bloody point.

Men do NOT give birth. Therefore she is just a woman with a penis and a beard.

If the couple wanted a child, they should have incemenated the wife.
                        "Not like it's a natural occurence." Clearly, your parents never told you about hermaphrodite colonies. Yes, they do exist. Sorry man, but the person was actually a hermaphrodite, meaning born with both genders, so not therefore definable as a woman or a man distinctively really.
                        Last edited by starshineRoxie; 04 April 2008, 10:24 AM.
                        StarshineRoxie
                        A woman that allows herself the balance of cool wisdom and strength of heart.
                        sigpic

Comment

The article that I read didn't discribe him as an hermaphrodite, but a transgendered person. Here's a link to the article, but I have to tell everyone
                          there is a picture of him from The Advocate bare from the waist up. I thought to give that option of clicking on the link.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...6/wpreg126.xml

There are some comment's about this near the bottom of the page, some good, some not so good.

Comment

I am quite aware of hermaphrodites.

What's with the old "your parents etc" whenever someone expresses a view that isn't warm and cuddly and oh so politically correct?

The hermaphroditic condition is a dysfunction that is corrected and birth, with the child being raised as one gender or the other. Sometimes a "mistake" is made, and a transgender operation is requested. I can certainly understand that. But the articles I read about this, stated it was a woman who became a man.

Sorry but I'm not politically correct. I have no desire to hug a hoodie or declare everyone a beautiful and unique snowflake.

In MY opinion, if you MUST change your gender for what ever reason, have the decency to become a full male or female. Don't keep your reproductive organs because you fancy maybe having a child. A close friend of mine's brother became a woman. My friend, being understandable confused about this whole thing used to confide in me a lot when it was happening.

The doctors do psych evaluations to make sure the patient is 100% committed to the gender transfer. Ie, accepting the good and the bad of becoming the opposite sex. The ability to concieve is a female trait, on the operation, this SHOULD have been stripped away. No competant doctor should have allowed the "sex change" to proceed when the subject was clearly unable to surrender an important aspect of womanhood and become clearly male. A competant doctor would have regarded this individual as unsuitable and not ready for a sex change.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't call this person a "man" but a woman with operations to make her look like a man.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X